Updates For Testing

News and Announcements
Blackbeard

Re: Updates For Testing

Post by Blackbeard »

Sounds like monsters were given pathfinding.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks to everyone for testing.

Because of the uncertainty on the way the 5 minute timer interacts with the murder report pop-up, I think it's essential that we do testing on the demo so we understand the full detail of the proper behavior. I'll try to do this tommorrow, but if anyone else has Batlins multi-player demo mod set up and can do this testing before I get to it I would be extremely grateful.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Blackbeard wrote:Sounds like monsters were given pathfinding.
There's been no change to pathfinding, although it may be called for to make a reduction in their ability to do so. The change is in their ability to follow you without line of sight, which was taken out in error some months ago.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

No no rose, i don't disagree with the way NPC's follow, I dissagree with them having the ability to target you from behind walls.

I love the new pathing, it feels "right" and makes paralize field very powerful as it should be.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I dont think they should be able to target/aggro you through a wall, just follow you if you run around one (without hiding) after they aggro you.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Is there a thread on the details of this pet guarding stuff?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Alex21 wrote:Is there a thread on the details of this pet guarding stuff?
You are in it old friend.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

ok did a lil testing, I marked a rune @ location a, and b- a being where i left my pets trapped, b being a dungeon (destard)

i told pets all guard me, they both turned grey (actively guarding me)
recalled to dungeon had a drake attack me , gated to rune a, and pop thru gate, then back thru to destard, pets just stood their the entire time the drake ate me. Seems there's no such thing as guard now ;p

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Loathed wrote:ok did a lil testing, I marked a rune @ location a, and b- a being where i left my pets trapped, b being a dungeon (destard)

i told pets all guard me, they both turned grey (actively guarding me)
recalled to dungeon had a drake attack me , gated to rune a, and pop thru gate, then back thru to destard, pets just stood their the entire time the drake ate me. Seems there's no such thing as guard now ;p
That's consitant with the expectations, however a mob should occasionally reattack and that action would incite your guards. I'll check into the frequency of that.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

another note: all guard is not working the same for items/containers as it does for players, dev's if you want to see a vid let me know, attempting to make them as the server allows it- currently crashed test server

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Loathed wrote:another note: all guard is not working the same for items/containers as it does for players, dev's if you want to see a vid let me know, attempting to make them as the server allows it- currently crashed test server
Nice! Congradulation on crashing test! That's the kind of testing i've been hoping for, I'm glad this didn't publish this morning!

Yes, video or simple description of what is functioning differently would be helpful, thanks!

Update: crash bug fixed, was related to determining boat ownersip in validating the guarding of items outside a house.
Last edited by Derrick on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: test back up

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

ok, for one all guard (targeting) only works for closest pet, was thinking it was suppose to be ALL pets within range of owner/speaker
next- having a pet guard a corpse, it'll instantly attack anyone that has looted it, excluding the owner, this is one way i've found to bypass the aggro history thing.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Loathed wrote:ok, for one all guard (targeting) only works for closest pet, was thinking it was suppose to be ALL pets within range of owner/speaker
next- having a pet guard a corpse, it'll instantly attack anyone that has looted it, excluding the owner, this is one way i've found to bypass the aggro history thing.
No targeted spells will command more than one pet, usually the nearest when using "all", there is no change to this in this patch.

Thanks on the corpses, I will try to get all types of actions unified under the same system.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The Guarding of items was completely broken and has been fixed.
NPC names were not showing as "(guarded)". Fixed.
Timing of messages during Taming and overall tame time, max distance, and text changed based on demo.
Creatures will not acquire/attack through walls, but they will still follow you without direct Line Of Sight

I spent quite a while playing around with guarding, but I'd really appreciate more testing; todays testing was very beneficial.

Thanks!

Sinatra SUN-FoW

Post by Sinatra SUN-FoW »

Derrick wrote:The majority of the non combat related proposed changes are currently live on test, and some gates have been added in Britain to various now actively spawned dungeons.

The following mechanical changes have been made:
  • Fatigue regeneration for NPC's (monsters, creatures and animals) has been found to be incorrect and is adjusted. This substantially impacts the fatigue range of mounts. (thread)
  • White Wyrm no longer angers on tame.
  • Pets will only guard the following: (thread)
    • The owner
    • The corpse of the owner
    • Items in the house of the owner
    • Other pets of the owner
  • Guarding pets will not actively guard anything inside a justice zone, but they will not forget that they were guarding.
  • It is a criminal action to take or use an item being guarded by a pet.
  • Adds warning when approaching guarded items.
  • Items which were not previously functioning properly when guarded have been fixed. Especially items which were guarded from use.
  • NPC's no longer need Line of Sight to acquire (attack) or follow players or other creatures.
  • The ability for spell casting creatures to curse is no longer limited to pets, hires only.
Added June 23:
  • Setting a guildmembers guildtitle to "none" will remove the title
  • Pets will no longer always be able to cast spells, but will instead use the same logic as non-tame creatures for this.
  • House placement target has a 10 tile range
  • Teratheans and Ophidians speed is slower.
    • We have seen evidence of this in multiple accounts from era. The speed was increased not long ago based on less information than we now have heard.
  • Parties disabled.
  • Fix made to allow teleporting into open areas enclosed by houses which had been broken by an earlier patch which was intended to fix the explicit issue of teleporting under Keep walls, and should not have effected teleporting into castle courtyards.
  • Key Rings require normal range and Line Of Sight to use, just like other items
  • Housing Changes:
    • Secures count against total Lockdowns
    • Saying "I wish to unsecure this" will unsecure a chest in a house. but it will remain locked down.
    • "I wish to Secure this" will lock down the item if not already locked down, in addition to securing it
    • When releasing a secure with "I wish to release this" it will become neither locked down nor secure
    • Detect Hidden and Hiding will not gain in a house at all if you are a friend of the house.
  • Updated alchemy message and hue with emote. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19688
  • Inebriation is not conducive to meditation. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19775
  • A player cannot be resurrected while standing on the same tile as other living creatures.
  • Adjustment to the way karma is effected by resurrecting, healing and curing of other humans.
    • Karma for resurrection is only given if the player is actually resurrected
  • The 5 minute restriction on giving a murder count is now checked each time a Murder Report menu is sent, reports can no longer be saved up and then sent all at once.
  • Fix to axes, allows chopping furniture with axe in pack or on ground, was preventing this unless the axe was equiped
  • Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex updates:
    • BS and EV's will not be attacked unprovoked by aggressive creatures
    • EV's and BS's will no longer have a long delay after being summoned before they acquire a target
    • EV's will curse if walked over; BS's will poison if walked over
  • Creatures which are guarding players or other pets no longer respond to aggressor history, but respond strictly to actions which take place while the pet/hire is actively guarding.

You rock!!! Some of these changes were completely necessary to legitimize the actual T2A Experience. Thanks again!!!!!