Shard Issues today

News and Announcements
Derrick

Shard Issues today

Post by Derrick »

Sorry this is so late in posting, we've had some troubles today as most are aware and I wasn't sure if I was going to post this as a patch or attempt to revert it. I thought at this point we were relatively stable, the issue that is believed to cause the two crashes were patched after the second one (around 10:30ET) and I wasn't anticipating any further problems overnight.

However, due to the shard hang at midnight we are going to revert this patch, there will be no time lost, we'll revert to tonight's last save, but it's going to take a few minutes to accomplish this. I will update here on the progress.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Shard Issues today

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Thanks for the hard work that you are undoubtedly putting into this whole process.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Thanks for the hard work that you are undoubtedly putting into this whole process.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

much love for you! i appreciate all your hard work.

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

Thanks Derrick!

inky

Post by inky »

Really thanks Derrick for the hard work to keep this shard better
and provide such a good uo t2a playing experience

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

derrick idk whether to thank you or be pissed at you... this game is addicting! you've done a great job. will contribute when i'm not a broke college student anymore

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

yup thanks for update :)

Fuego

Post by Fuego »

No worries mate, all of us appreciate your hard work and dedication.

Cheers!

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks guys. I should have added above that none of this is by any means the fault of the RunUO 2.1 code. It was a complex merge, and addition to other possible incompatibilities that I missed, it has come with additional memory requirements as well. For the memory part a new server was ordered for us this afternoon, but there are additional problems here as well and the best thing to do at this time is just to revert, and reassess :)

I'm presently trying to patch the save data so that we don't need to revert to this morning's save. I can't say how long this might take, but I'm hoping this will be successful quickly. I'll be loading and testing this conversion locally which will add to the time though.

Thanks for your understanding.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

shire99

Post by shire99 »

Thanks, Derrick.

As for the save times,
Let me know if you'd like help on the Mods :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Server is coming back up, please report any issues with urgency. Any issues are likely to be house related, but this has been tested locally and everything looks good. We will do a save shortly after shard up.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Shard patch revert looks solid. Thanks to everyone for their patience and encouragement.

In addition to the need to fix some other problems discovered today, we'll wait for server upgrade before trying this again.