This is a very preliminary list of the most basic, and sometimes obvious rules (and info) on Second Age.
Second Age is set in the T2A era of UO. These were very dangerous times in the land of Britannia; as such citizens who wander outside the protection of the guards do so at their own risk. Know how to protect yourself for you will be out of the reach of Lord British's assistance. Staff will not typically intervene in player affairs.
- There is a three account limit on Second Age.
- You should not be connected to Second Age on more than three accounts ever.
- We allow unattended macroing with Razor only(dl)
- No other software may be used for repetitive tasks.
- You may not gather things unattended. This includes Mining, Lumberjacking, lockpicking in dungeons, cotton picking/sheep shearing, and fishing. You may also not sell items to vendors AFK for profit.
- Non-EA/OSI Clients are not allowed.
- If you suspect someone of cheating, you should report it to Staff through a private message or in-game, not post it publicly.
- Reasonable character names are encouraged but not required.
- Obscene names may be changed at staff discretion
- House and Boat decay is 14 days if not refreshed.
- All characters on Second Age may own one house.
- There is no Young player status on Second Age.
- Accounts will Never be deleted due to inactivity.
- Respect the Staff. No one is being paid for their work here and we have gone to great lengths to find honest and competent staff members.
- We also expect the Staff to respect the Players. If you have an incident with a staff member we will do our best to find a way to resolve it.
- All staff instructions should be followed. You are welcome to voice objection after the fact.
There is also a basic FAQ index here: UOSA FAQ
Here on UOSA, players are allowed to own and utilize up to 3 of their own accounts, and only those accounts. This means the following:
- Accounts cannot be shared (e.g. using another players accounts when they aren't using them).
- Accounts cannot be used to acquire extra holiday gifts at any time. Anyone found doing so will have any and all gifts stripped from them, warnings placed on the accounts, and extra or borrowed accounts banned.
- Other accounts can only be maintained (see Derrick's response for what constitutes maintenance purposes).
(Taken from a post by Derrick...)
This post serves to remind all registered users of the agreement made when registering on these forums.
It is specifically noteworthy that Slander and Fraud are bannable (and possibly illegal) offenses on these boards, whether done in public or private context. You may also not harass or intimidate other users outside of a role-play (read as in-game) context.Terms of Service wrote: By accessing “UO Second Age” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “UO Second Age”, “http://forums.uosecondage.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “UO Second Age”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “UO Second Age” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “UO Second Age” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “UO Second Age” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “UO Second Age” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
We will take any offenses to this TOS seriously.
After the rather recent rise in uncivil posting behavior, I feel that it is time to re-post our forum rules which were lost some time ago. Please read these rules and keep them in mind when posting. We would like this forum to be a constructive place.
- Posts within a specific forum should be related to that forum's intent (i.e. posts in Second Age Discussion should be about Second Age).
- Posts specifically advertizing for another server are not allowed anywhere on the forums.
- Intentional attacks on another forum poster based on their in-game or forum conduct should be limited to the Trash Talk forum. It goes without saying that attacking someone based simply on who the person behind the keyboard is not allowed as an extension of this.
- Posts intended to derail threads or start a trash talking match between forum posters should be limited to the Trash Talk forum.
- Profanity should be kept out of the indexed forums (everything except the "Other" forum), and kept to a reasonable level outside of the Trash Talk forum.
- Posts that discuss controversial non-UOSA related topics are allowed in the "Other" forum, provided the discussion is handled maturely.
- Scams may not be perpetrated in the Trading Posts section of the forum. This has been a rule for quite some time, but has been lacking on our general rules. See our guidelines for reporting a forum scam.
- Racist, sexist, homophobic or other similar disparaging remarks used for nothing other that inflammatory comments do not have any place on the Second Age forums, including the Trash Talk forum.
- Posting any personal information about another poster is strictly forbidden in any section of the Second Age forum, unless the information has been divulged directly on the forums by said poster.
- Threads designed to attack unwilling participants based on personal information are not allowed anywhere on the forums. Threads for willful participation should be limited to the Trash Talk section.
- Forum signatures will contain appropriate content for a family-friendly environment.
- Posters will not provide links to locations that contain trojans or other malware/viruses.
- As with the IRC rules, enforcement of these rules is up to the discretion of the moderator and may be retroactively enforced. If you should have a grievance regarding the way in which a moderator acted, please PM Derrick or another UOSA staff member.
- To report a post, simply click the "Report Post" button () and fill in the appropriate information. Please do not abuse the "report post" feature. Only report posts you genuinely believe to be breaking the listed forum rules, or if you feel that the post should be called to the attention of the moderators. Abuse of this feature will lead to forum account warnings, possible limited forum access, or forum bans.
- At any time, any UOSA staff member may perform an addendum to the above rules.
Last update: September 24, 2013