We've discovered quite a bit for sure, some is still on the table, and there's no claim yet that all these changes will be in, that they are all completely correct, or that more items will not be added.
The reason for this post is a plea to test the current state of the code. This is very very "Alpha". Some of the AI changes are immense and it's very important to test them well before they hit the live shard. As such, we not just looking for pet control testing. We'd also ask that people get on and do some normal gameplay as well, as AI changes can effect any number of unforeseen things.
There are also some hoped stability fixes in here which unrelated to the above mentioned focus may cause some behavioral difference in some creatures.
The test center is currently running at:
- All pre-tamed creatures are trivial to retame as long as the minimum skill requirement is met.
- Tame Fire breathing creatures will have more chaotic behavior.
- They may attack murderers unprovoked. Attacking a murderous owners however will be based on loyalty checks
- They will be more difficult to control overall.
- When in attack mode, they will continue to acquire new targets until told to stop.
- Pets that do not meet required minimum skill cannot enter Wind (unless mounted)
- Curing for veterinary skill over 61.3 is more encouraged for gain
- Pet control targeting
- Targeting limited to range of 10 tiles
- Target no longer checks Line of Sight to the target
- All commands that require targeting will only command one pet, usually the closest
- Pets will acquire targets while wandering and patrolling.
- Pets on patrol will attempt to return to their patrol once combat is over
- Pets that are out of range of their owners will not incriminate their owners by their actions
- Pets on patrol during a shard restart will resume their patrol after restart.
- Pets that are following their masters will move faster.
- Creatures will no longer automatically switch targets when aggressed by a closer target
- NPC's in town will no longer re-call the guards every time they are damaged
- Weapons swings now never cause autodefend, previously was only Players and Pets that did not do this.
- "Your hands must be free to cast spells or meditate." now appears above the players head for mediation
- Message format correction for Bounty Board messages.
- Hirelings will now respond correctly to the Hire keyword, and state their wage.
- All creature and NPC speeds have been revised to be based on the standard 0.25 second "tick" speeds. Creatures may very well be miscatagorized at this point, so feedback would be appreciated.
- Pets follow speed will persist when the creature is given an active command. Firebreathing pets drop to their normal active speed when breath weapon is used.
- "All Release" will only release one creature at a time
- Updated Treasure Map decoding requirements. You can now decode level 1's with no cartography skill as per Stratics.
- Deathmatch signups will no longer effect Harmful and Beneficial actions prior to game start.
- DeathRobe now has 3AR
- Bolt of cloth label display correction
- Amount Healed message change.
- Combat timer no longer advances on movement for NPC's and Monsters
- Pets can guard items, and other mobiles.
- Controlled pets will always be attackable when on guard.
- Pets who are guarding mobiles will guard the corpse if the mobile dies.
- Pets who are guarding items or corpses will attack the player or creature who picks up the item, or items from the corpse. This could potentially result in a murder count for the pet's master.
- You will no longer be revealed if hidden when opening a corpse that is not yours, only when you actually lift items from that corpse.
- Correction to Parry damage absorption calculation (Thanks Loops for finding this grievous error)
- Enticement changes:
- Tamed creatures can be enticed.
- Vendors including Bankers can be enticed, but not too far from home.
- Correction to enticement messages.
- Longer skill delay on entice.
- Properly working moongate travel based on: http://martin.brenner.de/ultima/uo/moongates.html
- Splits Britannia into proper timezones, each two hours wide as is compatible with the above system.
- Fixes some Stealing messages
- Weapons when equiped before they are ready will restart their swing timers.
- Wrestling swing speed is based on stamina.
- Aggression issue with pets and other creatures after recalling away and back, or hiding should be fixed.
- Taming animals will be one cycle faster.
- Town guards no longer show lightning bolt with insta-kill
- Pets no longer auto-follow after being tamed.
- Horse price increase
Looking forward to feedback on actual testing on this thread.