The History of Sosaria

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The History of Sosaria

Post by SJane3384 »

So, I was creating books ingame for a deco project (by copy/pasting from the internets), and I came across the History of Brittania on Stratics. It's totally lame, and takes into account all the post T2A Trammel-y crap we all hate....so I rewrote the ending for awesomeness:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(continued from HERE)

After several centuries, a humble man named Lord Derrick decided that the world had become too corrupt. He tried to revert the world back to a time before the end of Lord British's rule, when the world was pure and whole. Lord Derrick carefully researched all the historical texts he could find, and eventually found a way to emulate the world that once was, though in a different shard of the original shattered world. Many of the previous inhabitants of the original Sosaria that had somehow survived the onslaught of corruption after the demise of Lord British flocked to this new shard. They began their lives anew, in the ways that they had remembered and longed for all these years. Many once famous guilds were resurrected, and many new inhabitants were also eventually inducted into this new life. Lord Derrick continued to be a fair and just ruler, and though some people complained about having a "pure" version of the time before the Royal Council, he was true to his ideals of completely re-creating the Sosaria of old. With the help of some of his most trusted knights (men like Nevermore, Yoda, and Kavian), Lord Derrick kept the citizens of this "Second Age" happy by hosting many events and lavishing participants with spectacular prizes. They also bestowed upon all the people of the land amazing gifts on special holidays, to show his appreciation for their loyalty. The world was prosperous, and as of today continues to thrive. We do not know where the future may lead for this new world, but most feel that it will continue to exist as long as the few who remain from the beginning of the era will it so, and as long as Lord Derrick vows to be ruler.

-- The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you guys think? I kind of suck as a writer, but I tried to keep it in character and in context as much as possible. If anybody wants I can throw the whole thing into a couple of books and sell em on my vendor...
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The History of Sosaria

Post by Karik Verlee »

I like it, better than I could have done. Not too long either. Well done!
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

5/5

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Story needs more sword fights and kung fu. Other than that it was a good read.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

There was some shard some guy made. During the fifth month of this shard, chumbucket spoke and [cA] came into existence. A castle was stolen, -F- quit, hemperor cried over lost surcoats and a stat tamer. chumbucket saw that it was good and on the seventh month went on hiatus.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

chumbucket wrote:There was some shard some guy made. During the fifth month of this shard, chumbucket spoke and [cA] came into existence. A castle was stolen, -F- quit, hemperor cried over lost surcoats and a stat tamer. chumbucket saw that it was good and on the seventh month went on hiatus.
UOSA:Genesis

I propose that lesser guilds divided varying in complexity. Slight imperfections in favor of the survival of the guild were promoted until eventually cA was formed. Specietation and division of the Sossarian landscape created several different genus of guild types, crafters, pvper, thieves, and farmers.

The idea that someone "created uo" is preposterous.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
chumbucket wrote:There was some shard some guy made. During the fifth month of this shard, chumbucket spoke and [cA] came into existence. A castle was stolen, -F- quit, hemperor cried over lost surcoats and a stat tamer. chumbucket saw that it was good and on the seventh month went on hiatus.
UOSA:Genesis

I propose that lesser guilds divided varying in complexity. Slight imperfections in favor of the survival of the guild were promoted until eventually cA was formed. Specietation and division of the Sossarian landscape created several different genus of guild types, crafters, pvper, thieves, and farmers.

The idea that someone "created uo" is preposterous.
This is absolutely preposterous. As if you could put the parts of a guild in a hurricane and expect [cA] to emerge by chance!

Gray Wolf

Post by Gray Wolf »

GuardianKnight wrote:Story needs more sword fights and kung fu. Other than that it was a good read.
More ninjas!.. and cowbell!!!!!!!!
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::