Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Request To Finish The Roads Of Ascalon

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 78

TwoTon

Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

Post by TwoTon »

We have Been here Three Years.
Since 08 we have always had someone running the guild
regardless of if the Guild Master is accountable therefore will likely
Never go away and have forever been one of the most active guilds on
this server. just a few small dirt roads and some locked down rares that we already own
such as hay, horse dung, bridle... etc.

Please put some reasoning behind your votes dont just vote No because
we fight you in our order/chaos guild... thanks.

http://kingdomofascalon.guildportal.com ... ID=3084565

*Editing to Post Website*

*Liquid Logic Wrote*
After reading most of the posts here I find them somewhat compelling to read. But I haven't heard really any new arguments or arguments that really compel me to vote no.

The arguments I have heard here range from basically because of what your guild has done in the past so I am voting no. Well they have their right to live in the past but I look at the present and the future. It is interesting to see some of the people who post about past things of K^A yet their join date here on the forums is relatively recent, which can be an inaccurate piece of information to look at in seeing how long they have played the server. I know my join date is not that old so I do not post about things that happened before my time.

As I am the one who mainly reviews the applications by those who apply for our guild, the argument about letting just anybody in our guild dissolves very quickly. It is a hard thing to try and screen out people that aren't a right fit for our guild. Why do I say it is a hard thing, well because people sometimes lie about stuff. So I try and watch our guild members conduct when I am online and usually if anyone is doing things like scamming people I usually hear about it quite fast.

As for the argument about us just trying to pack as many players into our guild as we can and that's all we try and do just so we can say look at us we big. Well on a daily basis I do look at the guilds on myuosecondage and our numbers really seem to be not growing at a very fast pace. Also I go on the guilds section of the myuosecondage to see who in our guild is online although sometimes there is a discrepancy due to updates but that is how it is. Since I am one of the very few people who talk with those who are being recruited into our guild I do mention we have special features in K^A but that is not my main selling point at all. Because add-ons sure they are a neat thing but it is the quality of people that I point out to the new recruits. When I say quality, I mean that they are decent people to hang around with and are in general good people. This doesn't always mean they are the most experienced UO players either, many times they are newbies to UO but that doesn't matter to me because knowledge and understanding of how to play UO can always be learned.

Speaking of newbies this brings me to the next argument about filling the land with newbs and we just recruit a bunch of newbs to pack in some our player housing, etc, etc. Well, you already know my duties, so I am more than happy to be accepting of newbie players into our guild, whether they are new to the server or new the game in general, because everybody has to start somewhere. I have had players list on their application they are tired of playing alone and just want to find a decent group of people to have some fun with. I think this attitude would help the shard grow in general and I know there are guilds out there who have this attitude and it is good to see.

Just a quick note on the not being active argument. Well I play this game as a hobby and just try and have some fun. But when real life things come up UO takes a far back seat to anything in real life. So life happens and everyday guild members say you know I'm busy this weekend or week with family, gfs, bfs, jobs, and going to do real life activities. So we have had a few active members in the past year that said sorry we can't play anymore really due to family situation or job situation. And I am like hey that is real life do what you have to do, this is just a game, and it would be foolish of me to be upset or hold it against them for that.

The argument about us not being a true guild, and we have no theme, and we just want roads for no reason, etc. Well when I looked at this statement, it made me wonder where this person has gotten this information in the first place. There have been other statements made that about our rp and such. Well I am not the best rper but I do try at creating an rp style guild structure that is functional as well in terms of duties and experience levels. Sometimes I am not the best at creating rp events and at times when we have tried to do rp events, whether in guild or shard wide. But there are guild members who are working on creating rp events and scenarios but that takes time and sometimes time is hard to come by. So we are working at events and story lines. Actually we do need to become more active on our Secondage Guild Forum page because as was said before most of our activity is on our own website. So I am sorry that we don't constantly share with the entire shard our every idea and plan for our town but is it really everybody's business to know our every step? Because as for me I don't need to know all the other guilds intentions and purposes here.

Another quick note on the argument about the people not being active in our town. Well I have been through our town many times and it hasn't been active, as far as people training and such. Well I have been through many other towns of guilds that are active but there has been little activity there. But I do not take this as inactivity because well maybe I showed up at the wrong time, maybe they are all out hunting, or maybe they train else where. Some of our people do not need our training tower too much anymore because well they have places of their own to train which might not be in K^A.

To the other arguments listed sorry I missed yours but I have found that even though many say they are not haters the speech and reasoning in the arguments is hateful in itself. I have found also many other times reading other arguments against K^A here that it basically comes down to we hate you and there really isn't anything you can do to change it. People have basically admitted to that fact. So that is their right to not like us but it seems to be the basis for many arguments here and that doesn't seem to be very valid. Also for anyone out there talking about childishness and such well they need to be very careful with those accusations. Also please don't hijack the thread promoting another guild for town add-ons, you should just create your own poll and topic. Another thing I found interesting was someone accusing us of just being a forum guild, yet we are being criticized for not being active in our Secondage K^A Guild Forum. So maybe I am missing the point on that one but it happens.

Also about the idea our roads are just going to be given to us. Well we know we will have to work hard if the roads are going to be finished because of our conversations with the GMs of the entire shard. I think this was brought up before but I am sorry K^A hasn't been the servant of the shard here to put on entertainment for the masses. We did attend one of Rose's CTC's and I complimented Rose on the event and so did our other players, and Rose did an excellent job in creating that whole event to take the time to get the space and provide all the resources. So please do not do not criticize me for thanking Rose for extending to us a personal invite to CTC. I felt it would be better to also thank Rose in game when I play CTC then on the CTC forum posting, it seems more personal that way.

Even though I am the one who led K^A through the rough times after Damascus and his followers created their own guild. I found myself daily at that time trying to keep the morale of our guild members up. After the split we had a lot of inexperienced players who were interested in having some fun, and since we were under daily attack it was hard. Due to the inequality in experience but that is part of the game and we dealt with it as best we could. So we are trying to find out more of what we need to do to get our roads finished, maybe we will do an rp event with roads being the theme, or maybe will will just collect a crap ton of resources it that is what is required. So we will keep on having some fun, encouraging our member to have fun, meeting new people being, and thankful Derrick has created this shard for all of us to play. Else I guess we might all be stuck playing Hybrid or something. Sorry this is kind of long but that is how it is.
Last edited by TwoTon on Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

Post by Mad Max »

I vote no, and here is why..

I remember when K^A was probably the biggest guild in uosa. I also remember the code of conduct and how it use to mean something (being a former K^A guildmember myself). But after it fell apart, there was always someone that would come months later that would attempt to pick up the pieces.

What really happen to K^A is simple, they thrived on being an honorable anti-pk guild, but then lost their way. The guild itself soon became infested with pks, blue pks, thieves, griefers, etc.. The reason being probably because they simply would let anyone in their guild at almost any given time. Yeah some guilds do that, but to me what warrants town add-ons is the dedication and complete structure of a guild, which has long been lost.

The only thing that has really kept the guild intact was the player town. The town has such a nice setup that even when K^A won't have one single active member, it is very easy to get people to join. All you have to do is say, hey do you want to join a cool guild? Come look at our complete town with all these amazing player town add-ons.

I mean yeah, I think K^A deserves what it's got. But just because K^A has been a guild here on uosa for 3 years does not mean you get to keep making town add-ons when you don't contribute anything to the shard and haven't for well over a year at least.

K^A use to be a guild, but now it is just a name that will recruit almost anybody on the sole basis of having player town add-ons. If anyone deserves town add-ons it's the PoD guild.

And also the OP obviously shows the amount of dedication and time you have put in to prove to the shard why K^A deserves anymore add-ons in the first place.
TwoTon wrote:We have Been here Three Years.
this server. just a few small dirt roads and some locked down rares that we already own

I mean I'm not trying to be rude just saying it like it is. You can get however many people that are your friends to vote yes but I really doubt you will get anymore add-ons. I guess it just kind of bugs me that you already have all could ask for in a player town, yet still expect to get more add-ons on the basis that you have been a guild for 3 years (inactive or not).

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Mad Max wrote:I vote no, and here is why..

I remember when K^A was probably the biggest guild in uosa. I also remember the code of conduct and how it use to mean something (being a former K^A guildmember myself). But after it fell apart, there was always someone that would come months later that would attempt to pick up the pieces.

What really happen to K^A is simple, they thrived on being an honorable anti-pk guild, but then lost their way. The guild itself soon became infested with pks, blue pks, thieves, griefers, etc.. The reason being probably because they simply would let anyone in their guild at almost any given time. Yeah some guilds do that, but to me what warrants town add-ons is the dedication and complete structure of a guild, which has long been lost.

The only thing that has really kept the guild intact was the player town. The town has such a nice setup that even when K^A won't have one single active member, it is very easy to get people to join. All you have to do is say, hey do you want to join a cool guild? Come look at our complete town with all these amazing player town add-ons.

I mean yeah, I think K^A deserves what it's got. But just because K^A has been a guild here on uosa for 3 years does not mean you get to keep making town add-ons when you don't contribute anything to the shard and haven't for well over a year at least.

K^A use to be a guild, but now it is just a name that will recruit almost anybody on the sole basis of having player town add-ons. If anyone deserves town add-ons it's the PoD guild.

And also the OP obviously shows the amount of dedication and time you have put in to prove to the shard why K^A deserves anymore add-ons in the first place.
TwoTon wrote:We have Been here Three Years.

I mean I'm not trying to be rude just saying it like it is. You can get however many people that are your friends to vote yes but I really doubt you will get anymore add-ons. I guess it just kind of bugs me that you already have all could ask for in a player town, yet still expect to get more add-ons on the basis that you have been a guild for 3 years (inactive or not).
well i mean ACE got a huge road fountains duel pit etc.... and look at it now. have they even Ever really came back ?? i dont think so

when derrick did our roads he did pieces at a time it seems to me he wants us to work for it its not just given away. and of course it will cost resources which we have been collecting.

the difference between us and the GHOST player towns is this we may have been down for a few months but we are still here and probablly always will be so why not FINISH our roads. i understand your points but ours are quite valid as well.

Also this is just a request to FINISH the roads that have already been built as i said derrick has made us work on this town piece by piece.
Last edited by TwoTon on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Right on man I hear what your saying. Just putting my two cents in and if you don't get it this time around you can always keep trying. Good luck.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Mad Max wrote:Right on man I hear what your saying. Just putting my two cents in and if you don't get it this time around you can always keep trying. Good luck.
Absolutely thanks for not "just" voting no but puting some logic behind it

BamBam
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BamBam »

I'm going to vote yes. I'm newer on the shard and might not have much weight in the vote, however I've played with this group quite a bit. I agree that they simply want to finish what was started.

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vilenarios »

Say what you want about K^A anv A^V - but if you say we have been inactive and don't see us around, then clearly you have not been playing UOSA for the past 6 months.

Downs

Post by Downs »

how much upkeep have you guys paid for the existing add ons that you inherited?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Downs wrote:how much upkeep have you guys paid for the existing add ons that you inherited?
alot of ore more then you have probably ever seen, and not ingots ORE enough said on that topic.

Downs

Post by Downs »

TwoTon wrote:
Downs wrote:how much upkeep have you guys paid for the existing add ons that you inherited?
have i ever even seen you logged into UOSA besides forums and IRC lol
doubtfully as I primarily play a stealth thief, and only have 2 toons named downs that I rarely play lol.

but back to the question I asked... (believe it or not, I wasn't trolling you)

I don't feel that you guys aren't active or not deserving. you guys have come a long way since K^A suddenly went active this last time & asked for a duel pit. It is my opinion that you guys do deserve what you have already, but it shouldn't have been inherited cost free. I'm all for you getting your roads finished, but i think everything you inherited should be paid for too.

you want reason for people's vote, that's mine. yes to roads with the above conditions.

also, it's in your interest not to attempt to attack people who post in this thread if they don't just 100% back what you want.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

BamBam
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BamBam »

a naysayer! attack!

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

I voted no. Being active in order/chaos is not enough to be eligible for player towns and addons in my opinion. There are singular people about who have done more for the shard with player run events and activities in less than a year than K^A has done in three years.

Jada7

Post by Jada7 »

I voted yes because since the day I've joined K^A they've been there for me through a bunch of situations, they're like a family to me.

Also I see we've become more and more active by the day!

I've also seen mass resources collected just to complete the ROADS! non-the less anything else they work hard for. let's finish what you started! =D

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I voted no.

K^A is not a true guild.

A true guild has some unifying characteristics, shared interest, etc. Usually roleplaying-related, even if it's goofy like one of the half-dozen "unique" pirate guilds.

K^A just tries to have the largest guild in terms of joined players. That's it. That's the unifying characteristic. That's what K^A does. Sure there might be group trips to dungeons, etc., but how does this involve roads?

To me, a guild that gets roads should have some thematic purpose for them. Like if the merchants guild had a few different vendor houses, maybe that would make sense - roads to connect the houses, enable wagons of goods, improve commerce, etc..

If K^A were to get any guild add-on, I'd suggest it be slumlord tenements, since the thematic purpose for this guild is just packing as many people in one place as possible.

TwoTon, your reply to Downs also makes me inclined to vote No. Rather than back up your opinion with facts, you chose to be a disrespectful child (which, frankly, is the K^A way). Of extra delicious irony is the fact that I have seen more screenshots and stories on these boards from him than your entire guild combined.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree with Max and Mikel.

1.- K^A is way too inconsistent. You sometimes see one K^A bank sitting at WBB, and then you could go months without seeing another K^A, and suddenly you see an army at the Buc's portal, then again no one for weeks (at least that is my experience).

2.- As Mikel said, what is the purpose of K^A? Help newbies? Be anti's? PvM? I do not think I've seen any K^A roleplay, so it can't be that.

3.- I don't know what additional roads you might want. Your town is already full of them.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay