City of Tribune Tower Loot Free for All

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Dynamis

City of Tribune Tower Loot Free for All

Post by Dynamis »

Last Updated: 2/18 - Check back regularly for updates

When: Tuesday 24, February
Where: Tribune Town Hall Tower - There is a boat at WBB bridge w/ a rune to Stinger and Doomcrafts Crossroad vendor shop. The Tower is two houses behind the vendor shop.
Time: 10p est.
Cost: 7k Basic Entry - 20k Advanced Entry
Basic Loot:
  • 300+ Unidentified Magic Weapons/Armor
  • 100+ Unidentified Magic Jewelry
  • 100+ Unidentified Magic Clothing
  • All Level Scrolls
  • Gems
  • Tmaps
  • 500+ MIB items (pillows, chests, etc.)
Advanced Loot:
  • All Basic Loot
  • Pre-identified weapons/armor of great value (vanq halberds/bardiches/katanas/etc.)
  • Lvl 3+ Tmaps
Details: Tower doors will unlock at 9:30p est. At which time you may come in and start getting in line. Up till 10p I will collect checks from everyone in line to speed up the process. Bring a check for 7k if you want to grab all the loot in chests and on the floor, or 20k if you want to be able to grab all the basic loot plus be friended to the tower, allowing you to lot secure containers with higher value, pre-identified, items in them (all of the basic loot has not been identified by us, so there could be plenty of vanqs/invulnerability in the basic loot). Be smart, place cloth over your check to stop thieves from stealing your check. We are currently working out a means to allow participants inside the tower to go and bank items and come back into the tower where they left off. We will have a solution by Tuesday and I will announce how banking will work at 10p the night of the event. Once you are inside the tower, you may loot all you want until everything is gone, first come first server.
Rules: You will forfeit your money and chance to loot any items if at any time you cast a spell inside the tower or attack another player. You will be removed from the tower and the doors will be locked preventing you from getting back in.
Last edited by Dynamis on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stinger, Dynamis, Cordale Lect
Duchy of Tribune

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: K*V Tower Loot Free for All

Post by chumbucket »

This is a nice event. It would be even nicer if the tower was filled with imps.

Downs

Re: City of Tribune Tower Loot Free for All

Post by Downs »

Sounds very cool. So it's basically a peaceful FFA loot fest? run from chest to chest and grab what ya want?

Also if I'm not mistaken, checks cant be stolen unless theyre in a container that can be stolen no?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

Exactly. I will have set up hundreds of chests in my house with loot in them. Some secure for the advanced looters only. There will also be loot all over the floor, not in chests. Going to try to keep it as peaceful as possible.
Duchy of Tribune

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Items on the floor? Scavenger agent ftw!!!
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

Now that the event is only a day away, I have started to fill the tower with loot. I currently have only added a few chests of items, but if you want to get a better understanding of how this event will look, run past my tower and take a look at the roof. All of the floors in the tower will look like that. Information on the event and location of my tower can be found in the first post of this thread.
Duchy of Tribune

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

I added a few more chests of items and took some SS's so you don't have to run out to the tower to see some potential loot.

Roof:
pic1.jpg
Third Floor:
pic2.jpg
Duchy of Tribune

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

sounds like a bunch of random stuff you didnt want in your fishing or t maps lol

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

Doomcraft had too many things for us to care about identifying from all his MIB's, so I have no idea what any of them are. Probably a few vanqs and foritifications in there.

On another note, somehow a table became unlocked in my tower and Jimi Hendrix for sure, and possibly roadkill, still waiting to hear from him, looted all the stuff set up in the tower for the event. Luckily I had only put out the shitty, pre-identified items, at the time, so they got about 10k worth of crap loot. Good for them.

We will be talking tonight whether to still hold the event or not w/ the items we haven't identified yet and the pre-identified good items (vanq kats and hallys). I seem to have lost my taste of this uo community today, that someone would loot shitty items in an attempt to spoil an event, so I may just give away all the items to new players for free rather than holding an event. But as of now the event is still planned.

Again: congratulations to Jimi Hendrix, for sure, for looting a bunch of shitty pre-identified items and spoiling an event. Hope you have fun w/ your 10k of defense armor and ruin weapons.
Duchy of Tribune

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

The event is still a go tonight, we have plenty of items and replaced all the lost ones.
Duchy of Tribune

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Wooot!

gimli

Post by gimli »

Well congrats ye scum, I made a forum account just for your sorry ass sake.

What an event. My friend and I were the only ones who paid 20k, thus being able to loot the secured containers. What was in there? Some guarding leather armor at best. I sold all the junk I got from the house and made 3.4k. The "vanq kats and hallies," were not to be seen.

Just a heads up for those who plan on attending any of their events in the future.

Good job on looting them. Too bad they still decided to run the event.

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

I love how you are ungrateful for this event, sorry you were slow to getting items. And as I told you there were 4 guys friend to the house, Krypton... something was the 3rd, im sure you can easily find him in game and S.. I can't spell it was the 4th. Not to mention I double checked after the event and had 4 20k checks and 4 new names on the friends list. Santa also pre-paid his dues as well and looted some containers, so that makes it 5. I was the only one who placed the secure container items so Santa was fair game.

As for everyone else who participated and aren't so ungrateful, thanks for the support and the good feedback we got from you. We'll be sure to hold more in the future. Attached is a SS from the event.
loot.jpg
Duchy of Tribune

Sig'mitr TorFl

Post by Sig'mitr TorFl »

Thank you for event! I am new here and it really helped me out. I got 5 power swords, 2 vanq halberds, and 1 katana. Contact me in game to buy them since I am mage. What are they worth?

Dynamis

Post by Dynamis »

Sig glad you made an account and actually posted to clear that situation up. I also talked to krypton... and he said he was going to post as well but he said he didn't get any of the vanqs. So only 3 accounted for so far. I think all of those were in the same chest if I'm not mistaken.

And I've been thinking gimli, if its such a big deal that you didn't get any of the vanqs I'll gladly give you you're money back. Money on here means nothing to me, I just plan on using it to buy more free houses to new players on this shard as I have done for the last 5 or so new guys I've run into. Anyone who knows me in game knows I give free gold/items/houses to new players every day. Again sorry you had a bad experience and bad luck and I'll gladly write you a check for your 20k back. Find me in game or msg me on here. Hope that ends our situation.
Duchy of Tribune