Lost Keep - DF declines - regrets

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Lost Keep - DF declines - regrets

Post by Slaine »

As the novelty of DF now declines, and the reality of the damage done by hackers and exploiters kicks in, and the accpetance that my skill points will always be lower than those who started 6 months earlier than me, I now look back with regret at having lost the keep that I forgot to log on and refresh due to being engrossed in DF. And whilst that stings, along with all the lost things, including all rune books etc... I realise that this is probably a good thing as when I come back to UO I will have the same goal as I originally had!

Long live UO
Long live secondage :)

(Nice new banner by the way:))

Pro

Re: Lost Keep - DF declines - regrets

Post by Pro »

que?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

and the reality of the damage done by hackers and exploiters kicks in
I got curious and found this site:http://moddeddesigns.com/?p=7
Man, if there is a teleport hack that allows you to jump everywhere in game, then Darkfall is even more exploitable than UO ever was.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Aye DF (darkfall)

Known hacks -

Teleport - Teleport to anywhere in the world (including underground) so basically if you got jumped and were a hacker, you could teleport 6 ft undergorund, out of sight of the would be gankers, and then once they had gone, teleport back and carry on with whatever you were doing.

Speed - Speed hack would allow you to accellerate you speed from 1 to infinity, so basically you could run around and never lose any stamina, and out run your enemies or catch them up.

Radar - I believe a radar hack is in progress which would show the position of all players in your locality (including hidden GM's) - no idea if this ever came about.

Hundreds of accounts have now been banned, and those who were hacking and had 2 accounts (one clean which hadnt hacked, and one dirty which had, and then could transfer all ill gotten gains to the clean account) had both accounts banned, without any chance of a plea.

Whilst this is all well and good, and they finally caught all the people who were STILL hacking, this doesnt help to ban all those who HAD hacked and whos banks now have millions, and skills are crazy high. Those people naturally are now rich and powerful enough not to hack....so the damage is already done. Its like bolting the gate shut after the horse has already bolted.

They are soon to open up an american Darkfall server, and they are allowing characters to transfer after 3 months. So all those uber toons will just head to the other server to wreak havoc there. They dont get to take any possessions, however I dont think they will have any trouble donating that stuff to people.

Any way thats an update to the debacle that is Darkfall. A great game spoiled by hackers, and devs dumb enough to allow it to happen in the first place.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Batlin wrote:
and the reality of the damage done by hackers and exploiters kicks in
I got curious and found this site:http://moddeddesigns.com/?p=7
Man, if there is a teleport hack that allows you to jump everywhere in game, then Darkfall is even more exploitable than UO ever was.

Lol aye - the stuff i wrote in the above post I was quoting from memory from having read that exact post a few months ago! Nice find.

XaN

Post by XaN »

I am going to try it out, and if its the least bit interesting ill stick with it til it dies. The game mechanics are there and it sounds to me like the hackers are getting punished. Sure theres a few that slipped thru the cracks but that doesn't mean that ends the game. I always find myself behind in any MMO that i've ever played, but as far as pvp goes im usually right there with the best... im hoping that I can be cheap there like I played UO of old.

Use crap gear, a bow, melee and casting until I make my way to the top.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

Dont waste your money.

Darkfall is by far the WORST mmorpg that I have ever had the displeasure to play. Trust me save the cash, or do a chargeback after you see it for yourself.

kalrin2001

Post by kalrin2001 »

I've never seen such a pitiful game in my life actually.

everyone who wasted 50 bucks should start a class action suit against the producers.