IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Selling: Your One-Stop-Shop for all your sales.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Post by DarkWing »

lazarith wrote:what a cunt annabell red is that little whore
dude ... its a game ... everyone has his/her play styles.

don't take it so personal

loosing your cool will only get you banned

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Scamming Vendor, ss provided.

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

Nice detective work CutesyWiggles!
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

saltyclappers wrote:Nice detective work CutesyWiggles!
I am trying to win the gayest name award.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

Removed.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Fede tried to scam me out of some silver today - agreeing to a trade via forum PMs based on a Trade Post, and then tried to get me to make the deal in a position in which he, or his accomplice Prodigy ("time2a" on the forums), would be able to swipe it with an alt once the silver was in my pack. Just an FYI.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

For those of you new to this, the scam goes like this...

Someone agrees to sell you an item which can be stolen, like say silver pieces. You agree to a price, they tell you to meet them at Serpent's Hold bank. Normally a good spot to trade, because you can trade with one-tile barrier between you, but you cannot steal across such a barrier. You are ready to trade, and they say "no no, move over here and let's trade". You cast Reveal, and sure enough there is no thief hidden there.

So, that's two things that make you comfortable about this... there is a barrier to prevent theft, and you've revealed no one in the area. However, it's quite easy for them to put the trade window up and then log in with their thief on another account, who conveniently was logged out earlier on the tile next to the one they asked you to stand on.

Bottom line, if you're buying something expensive and stealable, it's very highly suggested to do so from a vendor. And absolutely do not be as dumb as Fede and time2a and all the other scammers want you to be. Don't ever stand where someone expects you to during a deal like this. And absolutely do not stand where they TELL you to.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

use a broker for absolutely anything of value.
simple trades like silver are fast and easy through brokers, like 1-2 minutes.
Or buy off the vendors ^^
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

time2a

Post by time2a »

mikel stfu u stupid bitch. I know this was a while ago but i was like 10 tiles away from u guys. and u demanded u would only trade with stools on the ground in front of you loll... andu wouldnt trade behind the secure table at serps. You were trying to pull a fast on fede like u have done with others with silver. So nice try trying to protect yourself and dont put out lies to make your self seem less pathethic than you are.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Mikel123 wrote:For those of you new to this, the scam goes like this...

Someone agrees to sell you an item which can be stolen, like say silver pieces. You agree to a price, they tell you to meet them at Serpent's Hold bank. Normally a good spot to trade, because you can trade with one-tile barrier between you, but you cannot steal across such a barrier. You are ready to trade, and they say "no no, move over here and let's trade". You cast Reveal, and sure enough there is no thief hidden there.

So, that's two things that make you comfortable about this... there is a barrier to prevent theft, and you've revealed no one in the area. However, it's quite easy for them to put the trade window up and then log in with their thief on another account, who conveniently was logged out earlier on the tile next to the one they asked you to stand on.

Bottom line, if you're buying something expensive and stealable, it's very highly suggested to do so from a vendor. And absolutely do not be as dumb as Fede and time2a and all the other scammers want you to be. Don't ever stand where someone expects you to during a deal like this. And absolutely do not stand where they TELL you to.
You can cast stonewall on yourself behind that barrier and it makes it 100% safe if youv revealed. This is where I do most of my silver brokering. You can also reveal while the trade window is up.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

You know, one day I think we're all going to find out that Blackfoot is really the biggest scammer of them all...
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

im really joshua lee

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

lazarith wrote:THE FUNNY THING IS THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS SCAMMING THREAD, JOSHUA LEE, WHO IS ALSO MONIKA, IS THE ONE WHO SCAMMED ME. HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF MY YEW GATE HOUSE, SO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. THE PERSON WHO MAKES A THREAD ABOUT SCAMMING, AND THEN DOES IT, WHAT A FUCKING HYPOCRITE .

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE, JOSH LEE, MONIKA, CHRONOS, NICOLE, THOSE ARE ALL JOSH LEE THE SCAMMER, SAME SCAMMING PERSON THAT IS A TOTAL HYPOCRITE.

PM LAZARITH ON IRC FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SCAM, ID BE HAPPY TO TALK TO ANYONE AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH OF A SCAMMER HE REALLY IS.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND MAY KARMA NIP U IN THE FUCKING ASS IF U DESERVE IT.

Ran into this person "Monika" other night on one of my alts. "It" was selling a house at EBbank an entrance for Delucia. "It" thought I was a new player and after some conversation wanted to give me free stuff. I told person I am fine and don't need anything.

Although "it" came across as very nice (and a slow typer w/semi decent english), "it" was very pushy with wanting to push items on me. "It" claimed "it" was from Lithuania and was playing with her husband watching or something (it was his bday and they were celebrating by playing UO and drinking or something)

I finally gave in and was like what the hell (I usually don't trust anyone on here except my RL friend). After the person gave me TONS of stuff they asked if I needed a house. I told "it" no. Again "it" was very pushy so I was like what the hell. What is a free small by the entrance of Delucia gonna hurt?

After showing me like 5 or 6 of "it's" houses and friending me to them "it" gave me a free small just a couple screens from the Delucia one it was selling.

Apparently throughout the night "it" was constantly complaing about my fast typing (I type with both pointer fingers but I average about 40-45wpm doing it which is not all that fast, only average). Along with "it's" complaints it kept tellin me to get some skype BS. I'm not a computer nerd (more of a console gaming freak) so I did not even know WTF Skype was.

Drunk ass me (was high on coffee and alcohol at the time) was finally like WTH. What is it going to hurt? They done gave me all this chit for free right? Skype is jus sum kind of chat thingy. Right? Can't be too bad right?

WRONG

At the time I done finished all the skype signup/download "it" claimed "it's" husband was now playing cuz wifey was walkin dogs or sumin.

As soon as I signed up got the chat thingy open and added "them", "it" and "it" enetered the room it started to constantly try to send various files directly to my CPU!

I was like hey man WTF you doin! I don't want your CPU sendin mine all this bullshit. "It" was like what you worried about "we are good ppl."

Yet these "good ppl" have a hard time takin NO for and answer so after manually having to cancel like 8 or 9 different files they were constantly trying to send I closed it down deleted it and scanned my computer to make sure nothing made it's way in.

To make a long story short beware of people giving out free shit.

IT IS A SCAM FOR A MALWARE OR PHISHING ATTACK. And frikin trust No One on this game except Derrick himself or people you know in real life!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pied Piper wrote:
lazarith wrote:THE FUNNY THING IS THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS SCAMMING THREAD, JOSHUA LEE, WHO IS ALSO MONIKA, IS THE ONE WHO SCAMMED ME. HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF MY YEW GATE HOUSE, SO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. THE PERSON WHO MAKES A THREAD ABOUT SCAMMING, AND THEN DOES IT, WHAT A FUCKING HYPOCRITE .

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE, JOSH LEE, MONIKA, CHRONOS, NICOLE, THOSE ARE ALL JOSH LEE THE SCAMMER, SAME SCAMMING PERSON THAT IS A TOTAL HYPOCRITE.

PM LAZARITH ON IRC FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SCAM, ID BE HAPPY TO TALK TO ANYONE AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH OF A SCAMMER HE REALLY IS.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND MAY KARMA NIP U IN THE FUCKING ASS IF U DESERVE IT.

Ran into this person "Monika" other night on one of my alts. "It" was selling a house at EBbank an entrance for Delucia. "It" thought I was a new player and after some conversation wanted to give me free stuff. I told person I am fine and don't need anything.

Although "it" came across as very nice (and a slow typer w/semi decent english), "it" was very pushy with wanting to push items on me. "It" claimed "it" was from Lithuania and was playing with her husband watching or something (it was his bday and they were celebrating by playing UO and drinking or something)

I finally gave in and was like what the hell (I usually don't trust anyone on here except my RL friend). After the person gave me TONS of stuff they asked if I needed a house. I told "it" no. Again "it" was very pushy so I was like what the hell. What is a free small by the entrance of Delucia gonna hurt?

After showing me like 5 or 6 of "it's" houses and friending me to them "it" gave me a free small just a couple screens from the Delucia one it was selling.

Apparently throughout the night "it" was constantly complaing about my fast typing (I type with both pointer fingers but I average about 40-45wpm doing it which is not all that fast, only average). Along with "it's" complaints it kept tellin me to get some skype BS. I'm not a computer nerd (more of a console gaming freak) so I did not even know WTF Skype was.

Drunk ass me (was high on coffee and alcohol at the time) was finally like WTH. What is it going to hurt? They done gave me all this chit for free right? Skype is jus sum kind of chat thingy. Right? Can't be too bad right?

WRONG

At the time I done finished all the skype signup/download "it" claimed "it's" husband was now playing cuz wifey was walkin dogs or sumin.

As soon as I signed up got the chat thingy open and added "them", "it" and "it" enetered the room it started to constantly try to send various files directly to my CPU!

I was like hey man WTF you doin! I don't want your CPU sendin mine all this bullshit. "It" was like what you worried about "we are good ppl."

Yet these "good ppl" have a hard time takin NO for and answer so after manually having to cancel like 8 or 9 different files they were constantly trying to send I closed it down deleted it and scanned my computer to make sure nothing made it's way in.

IT IS A SCAM FOR A MALWARE OR PHISHING ATTACK. And frikin trust No One on this game except Derrick himself or people you know in real life!
You should report that one to Derrick.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

WRONG

You should report that one to Derrick.
Monika's alt is MERUNIA and has a house on Dagger Isle with guildstone. Guild name: *Rolling Biscuit*

Yeah I think I am going to cuz now (even though the scan came off as clean) that comp gets conctant Run Stop errors when loading XP and it is totally ka-poof.

All the drives and devices scan off as clean and working but I either get TLDR error when loading XP or when I try to do Restore it gives me STOP: 000000A error.

I spent almost 2days trying to fix it but I think something is wrong with hardware even though it scans off as everything working properly. I can't even do the restore from CD because XP won't load and after failing to get through the factory drive "clean" restore (kept freezing at naming CPU part) I had to go the destructive route which does the STOP error not even 25% into it.

I will just have to take her in to the shop :x