IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Selling: Your One-Stop-Shop for all your sales.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Post by Matty »

Pied Piper wrote:
lazarith wrote:THE FUNNY THING IS THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS SCAMMING THREAD, JOSHUA LEE, WHO IS ALSO MONIKA, IS THE ONE WHO SCAMMED ME. HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF MY YEW GATE HOUSE, SO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. THE PERSON WHO MAKES A THREAD ABOUT SCAMMING, AND THEN DOES IT, WHAT A FUCKING HYPOCRITE .

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE, JOSH LEE, MONIKA, CHRONOS, NICOLE, THOSE ARE ALL JOSH LEE THE SCAMMER, SAME SCAMMING PERSON THAT IS A TOTAL HYPOCRITE.

PM LAZARITH ON IRC FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SCAM, ID BE HAPPY TO TALK TO ANYONE AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH OF A SCAMMER HE REALLY IS.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND MAY KARMA NIP U IN THE FUCKING ASS IF U DESERVE IT.

Ran into this person "Monika" other night on one of my alts. "It" was selling a house at EBbank an entrance for Delucia. "It" thought I was a new player and after some conversation wanted to give me free stuff. I told person I am fine and don't need anything.

Although "it" came across as very nice (and a slow typer w/semi decent english), "it" was very pushy with wanting to push items on me. "It" claimed "it" was from Lithuania and was playing with her husband watching or something (it was his bday and they were celebrating by playing UO and drinking or something)

I finally gave in and was like what the hell (I usually don't trust anyone on here except my RL friend). After the person gave me TONS of stuff they asked if I needed a house. I told "it" no. Again "it" was very pushy so I was like what the hell. What is a free small by the entrance of Delucia gonna hurt?

After showing me like 5 or 6 of "it's" houses and friending me to them "it" gave me a free small just a couple screens from the Delucia one it was selling.

Apparently throughout the night "it" was constantly complaing about my fast typing (I type with both pointer fingers but I average about 40-45wpm doing it which is not all that fast, only average). Along with "it's" complaints it kept tellin me to get some skype BS. I'm not a computer nerd (more of a console gaming freak) so I did not even know WTF Skype was.

Drunk ass me (was high on coffee and alcohol at the time) was finally like WTH. What is it going to hurt? They done gave me all this chit for free right? Skype is jus sum kind of chat thingy. Right? Can't be too bad right?

WRONG

At the time I done finished all the skype signup/download "it" claimed "it's" husband was now playing cuz wifey was walkin dogs or sumin.

As soon as I signed up got the chat thingy open and added "them", "it" and "it" enetered the room it started to constantly try to send various files directly to my CPU!

I was like hey man WTF you doin! I don't want your CPU sendin mine all this bullshit. "It" was like what you worried about "we are good ppl."

Yet these "good ppl" have a hard time takin NO for and answer so after manually having to cancel like 8 or 9 different files they were constantly trying to send I closed it down deleted it and scanned my computer to make sure nothing made it's way in.

To make a long story short beware of people giving out free shit.

IT IS A SCAM FOR A MALWARE OR PHISHING ATTACK. And frikin trust No One on this game except Derrick himself or people you know in real life!
lol would read again.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Well you could take all the free stuff and then when skype comes up say no thanks and log out inside your new home and wait for them to leave. Just a thought.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

WiseOne wrote:Well you could take all the free stuff and then when skype comes up say no thanks and log out inside your new home and wait for them to leave. Just a thought.

I still got house and redeeded it. Gonna be my vendor house now.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Pied Piper wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
lazarith wrote:THE FUNNY THING IS THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS SCAMMING THREAD, JOSHUA LEE, WHO IS ALSO MONIKA, IS THE ONE WHO SCAMMED ME. HE SCAMMED ME OUT OF MY YEW GATE HOUSE, SO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT. THE PERSON WHO MAKES A THREAD ABOUT SCAMMING, AND THEN DOES IT, WHAT A FUCKING HYPOCRITE .

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE, JOSH LEE, MONIKA, CHRONOS, NICOLE, THOSE ARE ALL JOSH LEE THE SCAMMER, SAME SCAMMING PERSON THAT IS A TOTAL HYPOCRITE.

PM LAZARITH ON IRC FOR ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SCAM, ID BE HAPPY TO TALK TO ANYONE AND TELL THEM HOW MUCH OF A SCAMMER HE REALLY IS.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND MAY KARMA NIP U IN THE FUCKING ASS IF U DESERVE IT.

Ran into this person "Monika" other night on one of my alts. "It" was selling a house at EBbank an entrance for Delucia. "It" thought I was a new player and after some conversation wanted to give me free stuff. I told person I am fine and don't need anything.

Although "it" came across as very nice (and a slow typer w/semi decent english), "it" was very pushy with wanting to push items on me. "It" claimed "it" was from Lithuania and was playing with her husband watching or something (it was his bday and they were celebrating by playing UO and drinking or something)

I finally gave in and was like what the hell (I usually don't trust anyone on here except my RL friend). After the person gave me TONS of stuff they asked if I needed a house. I told "it" no. Again "it" was very pushy so I was like what the hell. What is a free small by the entrance of Delucia gonna hurt?

After showing me like 5 or 6 of "it's" houses and friending me to them "it" gave me a free small just a couple screens from the Delucia one it was selling.

Apparently throughout the night "it" was constantly complaing about my fast typing (I type with both pointer fingers but I average about 40-45wpm doing it which is not all that fast, only average). Along with "it's" complaints it kept tellin me to get some skype BS. I'm not a computer nerd (more of a console gaming freak) so I did not even know WTF Skype was.

Drunk ass me (was high on coffee and alcohol at the time) was finally like WTH. What is it going to hurt? They done gave me all this chit for free right? Skype is jus sum kind of chat thingy. Right? Can't be too bad right?

WRONG

At the time I done finished all the skype signup/download "it" claimed "it's" husband was now playing cuz wifey was walkin dogs or sumin.

As soon as I signed up got the chat thingy open and added "them", "it" and "it" enetered the room it started to constantly try to send various files directly to my CPU!

I was like hey man WTF you doin! I don't want your CPU sendin mine all this bullshit. "It" was like what you worried about "we are good ppl."

Yet these "good ppl" have a hard time takin NO for and answer so after manually having to cancel like 8 or 9 different files they were constantly trying to send I closed it down deleted it and scanned my computer to make sure nothing made it's way in.

To make a long story short beware of people giving out free shit.

IT IS A SCAM FOR A MALWARE OR PHISHING ATTACK. And frikin trust No One on this game except Derrick himself or people you know in real life!
You should report that one to Derrick.
Monika's alt is MERUNIA and has a house on Dagger Isle with guildstone. Guild name: *Rolling Biscuit*

Yeah I think I am going to cuz now (even though the scan came off as clean) that comp gets conctant Run Stop errors when loading XP and it is totally ka-poof.

All the drives and devices scan off as clean and working but I either get TLDR error when loading XP or when I try to do Restore it gives me STOP: 000000A error.

I spent almost 2days trying to fix it but I think something is wrong with hardware even though it scans off as everything working properly. I can't even do the restore from CD because XP won't load and after failing to get through the factory drive "clean" restore (kept freezing at naming CPU part) I had to go the destructive route which does the STOP error not even 25% into it.

I will just have to take her in to the shop :x

I found this MERUNIA person setting up a vendor house near trinsic.. i inspected their house security to find that it was indeed open. I walked over something invisible, to my surprise it was the house owner. I promptly dispatched the owner, and looted the house. I went back to check and found this MERUNIA person going in and out looking for me I suppose. I quickly attacked and killed them, then the owner again (the same person). Likely setting up another fake vendor house.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

FYI Ivy had a written agreement with me on IRC and broke it, his word is garbage
he lied, was extremely rude, gave me the run around, and then pretended like he was going to sell and didn't
BTW he also admitted to me openly that he runs scam vendors all around Yew and LOL'd about it
I recommend everyone against trading with this unprofessional nitwit
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

mr mahony

Post by mr mahony »

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=33265

His char name is jareth tried to pull off 2 maps as 125

Nefarious88

Post by Nefarious88 »

His name was Robert Paulson, and he was a man!

Fallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Fallon »

Might have been posted before. Brules market at Trinsic Moongate... Vendor Leo selling crap weps renamed. Item ID. Good rares next to it though.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I'll stand behind Brules that he does not scam. Must be scam vendor using his name.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

TommyB

Post by TommyB »

Vendor immediately west of Brit Moongate selling 'Full' spellbooks for 4k... Not a single spell in them!

I'm not sure who the bigger fool is here, me or them for doing themselves out of future trades, what with it being such a great vendor spot!

TommyB

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

TommyB wrote:Vendor immediately west of Brit Moongate selling 'Full' spellbooks for 4k... Not a single spell in them!

I'm not sure who the bigger fool is here, me or them for doing themselves out of future trades, what with it being such a great vendor spot!

TommyB
Sadly that is a very old scam vendor. I would suggest making a merchant character like i described here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38634&p=335154#p335154

Also if you ever need a cheap full spellbook I sell them for 3500 here but they go quick:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35780&p=333166#p333166

TommyB

Post by TommyB »

Thanks 'Border Patrol' will come back again and again!

See... that's how easy it is, BP now have my trust and future trade!

TommyB

Belthazzar

Post by Belthazzar »

I know its not over IRC, but the vendor right by brit moongate is scamming - selling empty rune books marked as full locations, 5000 gp... vendor building name = wal mart. see screen shot. dont get scammed like me =(
Attachments
runebook scam
runebook scam

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Belthazzar wrote:I know its not over IRC, but the vendor right by brit moongate is scamming - selling empty rune books marked as full locations, 5000 gp... vendor building name = wal mart. see screen shot. dont get scammed like me =(
dude, there are literally dozens of mentions of this house scamming all over this thread as well as separate threads devoted solely to it. gg bro
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975