Disconnect or strange client side lag

Beatingu

Disconnect or strange client side lag

Post by Beatingu »

So basically for 6 days now, when i run more then one client, or sometimes even one client i will log in, and it will hang. Sometimes it will come back and you can play, sometimes it will disconnect. The second and third client almost always immediately make you lose connection. It always seems like it allows you to keep playing one of the three. But such strange hang ups happen. Like i can see people around me battling, but i cannot move my character. Eventually it might come back, but half the time atleast it just disconnects. Anyone else having these issues since the last patch? I ping a steady 32ms to the server with 0 packetloss and have been playing daily for the last 4 months with none of these issues. Nothing about my setup has changed. Also maybe of note, my system resources right this second while running two clients are 100% in use. I don't ever remember before this patch having a client use more then 20%
Ardos wrote:I lost 1.1 mil to BeatingU today. I won the first one of three for 300k. Then he won 4 straight 2/3s and took me for 1.1 mil gold. I retract my statements and should not have dueled this rusty.

Derrick

Re: Disconnect or strange client side lag

Post by Derrick »

I've seen this type of issue before, like the connection can't pass any data out, but receives data fine, so you see everything moving but cannot move yourself. This can be a network saturation issue, network interface driver problem, or a network cable problem.

These suggestions might help:
Reset your cable modem
Check to see if anyone else if running any file-sharing software at your location, especially bit-torrent or Limewire.
If using wireless, try using a wired connection, or if that's not possible, at least reset your wireless device.
Be sure you have the latest drivers for your PC's network card

Also, and this is unrelated to the loss of connectivity in a single direction, but may cause issues with multiple clients; be sure that in Razor, "Use Smart CPU Reduction" is turned off.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Myg

Post by Myg »

Last edited by Myg on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myg

Post by Myg »

Try unchecking the "Run mouse on a seperate thread" and see if that helps (testing).

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

lol

Myg

Post by Myg »

Try not to be a troll Jorel, if you have any decent input; please share it...

Otherwise your welcome to test this method and give your results.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I have a theory. I haven't tested this fully.

I think it may matter where your UO Client is installed to on 64 bit platforms.

Fede is haiving this same trouble, with an x64 X2 chip running Vista 64 bit.

Is UO installed to the default folder? c:\Program Files(x64)\Ultima Online?

If not, this may be the problem. Also, purge all other clients from your system, or at least rename the folder they are in.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Derrick wrote:I have a theory. I haven't tested this fully.

I think it may matter where your UO Client is installed to on 64 bit platforms.

Fede is haiving this same trouble, with an x64 X2 chip running Vista 64 bit.

Is UO installed to the default folder? c:\Program Files(x64)\Ultima Online?

If not, this may be the problem. Also, purge all other clients from your system, or at least rename the folder they are in.
I'm running on win7 x64 and not having these problems. And ran it on vista x64 before that. And have run on xp x64. :lol:

The only one I haven't tried a non-default location install on is my win 7 machine. vista was installed to c:\ultima online\ and xp was installed to c:\program files(x86)\ultima\
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

fooka03 wrote:I'm running on win7 x64 and not having these problems.
I think the problem is also related to running on a multi core processor. Is that multi-core?

It has to be some form of deadlock between processes that is causing this.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

IDK derrick, I've had this problem in the past many times and it was always related to problems which you described in your first post.

I think it's either a bad connection or his bandwidth is being used up somewhere else. Receiving packets, but not sending them out.. it's a strange problem, and really frustrating.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There are a Lot of different wierd problems. Mine has always been client freezes on a particular PC. I'm running Win7/x64, and recently I set razor to run in compatability mode for WinXP, this seems to have fixed my lockup problems.

This is probably not related to the the one way communication problem. I agree that that is likely network trouble.
Attachments
RazorCompat.jpg
RazorCompat.jpg (33.45 KiB) Viewed 2727 times

Myg

Post by Myg »

The predictability of this bug is hard to measure and I still have my suspicions about the server programming. I have just had one myself after a long time of not having them (with a single client as well); I assume it occurs when there is lots of users online.

Is it possible that this bug is a side-effect of the spurt of new users on the server latly; Which is why its random in its target and it seems to attack any OS/ (seen it on XP and 7)?