Spikes?

Reila

Spikes?

Post by Reila »

I find that my character seems to be freezing every 10 seconds or so, type takes awhile to show up, spell emotes dont appear, and my character animation will freeze however NPCs and other players will not.

I just noticed this problem today. I have checked my connection and its fine, my computer seems to be running fine as well.

Any ideas?

~Reila

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Spikes?

Post by ecetres »

if you are running vista or even xp try unchecking the smart cpu usage
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

Reila

Post by Reila »

I am running XP, and yeah I've had this unchecked for quite some time... still no luck =(

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Wireless network connection, or is anyone else in the house running bittorrent software?

Reila

Post by Reila »

No one is running torrents or other downloads of any kind. My connection is not wireless either.

Earlier today I reinstalled and patched UO again, didn't fix my problem. I still freeze up every couple seconds however im able to see other players move around. I know its a problem on my side, im just not sure how to fix it.

Ive been playing this server for about 2 weeks and this has only been happening the last couple of days.

Nashringa
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nashringa »

I don't think this is a problem on our side reila. I just started having this problem really bad. Alot of other people are having this problem hope it gets resolved soon cause i cant even play with these spikes

Reila

Post by Reila »

Well then maybe this thread will bring more attention to it. And yes i find playing impossible. This all started on patch 100; I'm not necessarily saying that this was the cause, however it might provide some incite into the root of the problem.

My client runs fine on other servers so I'm just not sure :/

Reila

Post by Reila »

My problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks to all involved.

~Reila

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Reila wrote:My problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks to all involved.

~Reila
Thanks for update, any idea what was causing it?

Reila

Post by Reila »

No idea really. It just seemed to fix itself. However after skimming other threads i see that there are still a couple others with the same issue. I wish them my luck.

Reila

Post by Reila »

Unfortunately my luck was short lived. Problem is back and much worse than before ...