Ingot price check.

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Dook Dooker

Ingot price check.

Post by Dook Dooker »

I know Iron are 7gp per

What is the price per bar for

Copper?
Dull copper?
Shadow?
Bronze?
Gold?
Agapite?
Verite?
Valorite?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ingot price check.

Post by morgan1109 »

I'll give you my ore prices as a comparison. 7 GP is a little high for iron, I believe 6 is the norm, although I was able to move a good amount at 6.5 GP per when I was having trouble keeping the vendor stocked. 7 GP is what I would consider the retail price with 6 GP being the wholesale price.

I don't run a vendor anymore and mine mainly for my smith. My colored ingots I mine specifically for myself so they are basically retail prices. The iron is the by product of obtaining my precious colored ore, so as you can see I have it priced slightly below wholesale so it moves off the shelves.

Ore:
Iron – 5.5 Gp per
Shadow – 8 GP per
Gold and Agapite – 10 GP per
Verite – 14 GP per
Valorite – 30 GP per

I saw shadow sell pretty regularly at 7 GP per, and gold moved fast at 8 GP per. I never put verite and valorite on the vendor. My guess would be 11 Gp per for the verite. Valorite gets sold so rarely, I couldn't tell you a market value. It's such a pain to get that I think 30 Gp per is cheap, heh heh. I'm sure buyers would think that is way to high. The other ores seem be less desirable and would only move on the vendor in the 6.5-7 GP range.

That's my experience from running an ingot vendor when I first joined the game. I hope it helps.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Dook Dooker

Post by Dook Dooker »

Thx for information!

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I like Morgan's prices as a man who holds smithing and mining near and dear to his heart int his game.

However,

I was offered about 9gp per my Valorite ingots recently after asking only 11 per. Now keep in mind, I can't recall ever smithing any valorite equipment, and I believe I GM'd 2 miners on this server and only have 441 valorite hoarded. So... they are pretty rare. I haven't deliberately farmed them ever, and I did go to great effort to find and mark runes for and create rune books for each colored vein I could find. I couldn't even fill a runebook with valorite (cave spots).
Catskills 97-99

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I hit both major mountain chains in Brittania and a couple of the smaller ones so far. I think I only have 8 valorite veins marked for about 20 hours of work. Do the math and it takes about 2.5 hours of straight mining to produce one valorite vein. A miner can pull in 15K-20K easy in that time, so that is essentially your cost of acquiring just the vein location. The only way to effectively mine valorite is via recall mining because none of them are anywhere near each other. It now costs you 12gp to mine a single vein where it was free before (drag mining, and crafted shovels from ingots you produce).

You also don’t yield as much ore per vein. In a shadow vein you might get 6-10 shadow ore out of a 16 ore vein, you usually get 3-6 valorite. When you smelt shadow you have 100% chance of turning them into ingots, while valorite you have somewhere south of 50% which leads to ore loss which leads to less ingots. So on average you are getting 16 shadow ingots per vein, while you are netting about 5 valorite ingots per vein (assuming they are of the full 16 ore variety veins). Do the math with shadow as your control and you get a break even of 22.5 Gp per valorite ingot. If you aren’t earning that, you are better off recall mining shadow veins quite honestly. That doesn’t include the sunk cost of finding a vein, just the simple act of mining it.

That’s why you usually don’t see it for sale. Nobody will pay 22.5 Gp per. I have mine priced at 30 because if I’m going to sell it I’m going to get something for the trouble I went through marking the veins. You essentially have a product that is priced out of the market. You’ll never get your time/money back for building a proper valorite runebook at market prices. You will however have some sweet looking armor for your dudes, and a whale might come along some day and pay your “exorbitant” prices because you are the only one sitting on a decent stock of it and is willing to sell. That’s my hope anyway. I haven’t found my whale yet…

If you run across one by all means mark it! Even mine it if you want the variety available. But don’t put yourself through what I am, LOL. You make far more money seeking out shadow veins. They are far more prevalent and pay much better. Shadow veins actually pay the best according to my math (assuming the price holds).
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Dook Dooker

Post by Dook Dooker »

Another big issue. Mining in this Era is not as profitable because there is no advantage from one metal type to the next except looks. Resistances and physical attribute changes did not come in until later patches. So you're essentially paying more to look good. Which is ok because UO is all about pixels/style.

However this does make our work as gatherers less profitable for more work. So prices really need to be established and at that point we can then have people undercut supply and demand less to sell more.

I feel prices for iron 6-7. I think prices should go up 1-2 even to 3-4 gold per type. As they're way more difficult to produce. This is just my suggestion. Like most issues the population causes demand to be much lower. Most just want iron to max skills in tinkering/blacksmithy. They rarely care about the resources otherwise.

My suggestions

Iron – 6-7 Gp per *the lower players go with their prices on iron the more our current market crashes for profits*
Shadow/dull copper/copper – 8-8.5 GP per
Verite – 12-13 GP per
Valorite – 14-16 GP per

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

If I were mining purely for sale, I think your prices are right in line. I frequently had iron at 6 on the vendor, and bumped it up to 6.5 when it was moving to faster than I wanted to replenish it. Shadow I had priced at 7 and had trouble keeping it in stock and bumped it up to 7.5 to get the right sell rate. You shouldn't have a problem moving it at 8.

You might be holding onto the copper, dull copper and bronze longer than you want too. No worries though. You can always adjust prices the get the sell rate you are looking for. You can also just skip over those veins too. Unless you are drag mining, there isn't a need to hit every vein.

I'm way to lazy to set up a vendor again and restock it daily anymore, LOL. I'd rather spend more time bashing heads and sell at a discount on boards. I'll tell you this though. Once people know you have an ingot vendor that is stocked regularly, all the vendors in the house see an significant increase in sales. It's a good "loss leader" if you want to get people into your shop (without the loss of course).
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

morgan1109 wrote: Shadow – 8 GP per
Verite – 14 GP per
Valorite – 30 GP per
yah hate to say it but woah on the verite and valorite!! good prices imo is 5.5-6gp for iron, 7-8gp per shadow and bronze, gold like 8-9gp, agapite like 9-10gp, verite bout 11gp, valorite, bout 12-14gp...thats fair to me but some ppl now are doing like 8-9gp for valorite! also morgan if u wanna mark spots from my book for valorite lemme know...i got like 12-14 spots

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

sweet! I'd love too!
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin