Green Acres

Share stories and special moments with the community.
randale

Green Acres

Post by randale »

Did anyone actually go to this place back when it existed on OSI T2A shards? So, you weren't supposed to be there, and the only way to get in was to have a recall rune that someone else marked while there. How then, did the first player get there to mark a rune in the first place? I understand the whole place was nothing but pure grassland in every direction. I see some areas of just green in UOAM with the dungeons, are those perhaps it? There's more than one area of green actually.

What then, was it's purpose? Was it some kind of incomplete zone, that hadn't been finished yet, they had only done the grass, could you place houses in it? :)

iamreallysquall

Re: Green Acres

Post by iamreallysquall »

i took a journey to it on this shard as well all though the method i used to get in was quickly fixed :). twas a dangerous place filled with lord derrick and dangerous traps. But on osi i had been their to was different on every shard devs would test stuff in the area. could get their via a boat at the map edge or from t2a via teleport i am sure i am forgetting other ways people got in.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

randale

Post by randale »

iamreallysquall wrote:i took a journey to it on this shard as well all though the method i used to get in was quickly fixed :). twas a dangerous place filled with lord derrick and dangerous traps. But on osi i had been their to was different on every shard devs would test stuff in the area. could get their via a boat at the map edge or from t2a via teleport i am sure i am forgetting other ways people got in.
Then why didn't they just make it inaccessable?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

As I understand it, some people initially found a way in and marked runes. The way in was quickly fixed but runes continued to exist. At one point (I think pre-t2a) my friend took me there and people were placing castles and such. Then signs went up where GM's basically said "you got X time to remove your castles before we start deleting them".

I also heard rumors of an invis dragon that roamed it but I figure that was a myth ^_^
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

randale

Post by randale »

Ronk wrote:As I understand it, some people initially found a way in and marked runes. The way in was quickly fixed but runes continued to exist. At one point (I think pre-t2a) my friend took me there and people were placing castles and such. Then signs went up where GM's basically said "you got X time to remove your castles before we start deleting them".

I also heard rumors of an invis dragon that roamed it but I figure that was a myth ^_^
Invisible stuff fascinates me in games. I played the 3rd generation console Intellivision in the early 80's, and in the game night stalker there was an invisible robot you eventually got to (if you survived) you had to figure out where it was by it's shots. Anyway, an invisible dragon would be a good deterant to people going there, but even better would be simple instant death (how would you get res'd there without someone to do on you?) or expulsion from the zone upon entry.

randale

Post by randale »

twas a dangerous place filled with lord derrick
Who/what is that?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

randale wrote:
Who/what is that?
the shard owner.................
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

My hunch is that a GM teleported people there to talk to them about something, or to remove them from some situation, and they marked a rune while the GM wasn't looking.

The other likely alternative is corrupt GMs - there were a lot of them back in the day, some more than others.

Brules

Post by Brules »

It was usually corrupt GM's transporting their buddies there who marked runes when you could recall there...once they got out into the general population - a few runes became thousands lol. But on Baja - if you got caught there.....you risked getting in deep deep doo doo if caught there.

randale

Post by randale »

iamreallysquall wrote:
randale wrote:
Who/what is that?
the shard owner.................
Oh, this shard. I was thinking an OSI shard.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

green acres runes were obtained originally by teleporting off the edge of the map onto the black over n over before the world wrapped properly on water
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

randale

Post by randale »

Anyway, anyone know anything about those green areas in UOAM, they aren't it, are they?

Also, would anyone be for the idea of actually having it here, as an allowable area, that can place houses in, etc.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Its deff on the map. Its where some of the event arenas are etc
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Brules

Post by Brules »

BlackFoot wrote:Its deff on the map. Its where some of the event arenas are etc
Its where Trammel takes place you mean. :)

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Brules wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:Its deff on the map. Its where some of the event arenas are etc
Its where Trammel takes place you mean. :)
I doubt that. Id guess trammel takes place in trammel. Green acres is a big empty green area that is part of the world map. There was/is a trammel in felucca and trammel.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock