Healing undead

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Axel231

Healing undead

Post by Axel231 »

when i mini-heal monsters or any beneficial spell i turn gray.. but when you do it to undead you stay blue

Derrick

Re: Healing undead

Post by Derrick »

You only go grey when casting beneficial spells on a monster if they have committed a criminal act, i.e., damaging a player. I did a little testing and couldn't see any difference between blessing or healing undead, vs. blessing/healing other aggressive mobs.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Blessing, healing or any beneficial spell on any mobs should turn you grey as the mobs themselves should be considered grey at all times

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Artemis wrote:Blessing, healing or any beneficial spell on any mobs should turn you grey as the mobs themselves should be considered grey at all times
Using what criteria? Released pets don't attack non-murderers. Do you go grey for healing those? There are two greys, "attackable" and "criminal". Mobs who have not attacked a blue have "attackable" notoriety, like a player who is perma-gray. Once they have attacked, they become criminal and it's a crime to do anything to benefit them including bandaging. Animals also have this "attackable" noto.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Artemis wrote:Blessing, healing or any beneficial spell on any mobs should turn you grey as the mobs themselves should be considered grey at all times
this guy has been making a lot of accusations about things he has no clue what hes talking about
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

I remember healing mobs and going gray for doing it. Animals are different but monsters were considered agressors at all times, I guess, because you couldnt heal or buff them without going gray. Im assuming because the moment you were in LoS they would attack you? heh, so in essence they were aggressors at all times and animals didnt attack unless they were attacked. I would try to kill people with monsters by them gating around the world(back when you could gate monsters) so I didn't get any murder counts. And I would heal/buff some of the strong ones before, during and after battle with other players. I would also use this to go gray and try to get other players to attack me sometimes as well.

I played this era only and remember it vividly. I remember a lot of dirty tricks from back in the day, lol