Strange bug when people die

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Strange bug when people die

Post by nightshark »

A lot of the time when I kill someone, their corpse will fall to the floor and a few seconds later a naked avatar matching theirs will appear where they died. If you press allnames, a name doesnt appear for it. If you drag it's health off, no name will appear for the avatar, nor will a health status (it remains blank). The avatar will stay there until you go out of range of it. It's confusing sometimes as you think they have come back new res.

It happened on both mine and my friend's PC. We're on the same net connection (same house), I'm using XP him vista.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Not totally sure, kill someone and see if it happens. It has been recurring but it doesn't happen every time. I'm sure this is some kind of client issue, maybe involving razor. The only thing I have changed recently is "set target hue" in razor.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Strange bug when people die

Post by Mikel123 »

May or may not be related, but the other day I accidentally walked into a gate to town with my murderer and died. The game was being a little wonky up until that point (I never heard the gate open, for example)... but when the screen brightens in it's "you're dead" black and white... I was my llama, in color. Like, my actual llama was visible next to my body, but my character became a llama and was running around on my screen in color, while the rest of the screen was black and white (like the movie Pleasantville, kind of).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this happens, horses too, not sure why :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Something similar happens with taming also. When you tame a frenzied or nightmare and get on it before it turns blue by using peace, when it does finally turn blue, you'll have a duplicate copy of the pet. If you get off the mount and back on it, the dupe poofs. You can't command it or anything, it's just an odd temporary copy of the pet.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Ripplinger wrote:Something similar happens with taming also. When you tame a frenzied or nightmare and get on it before it turns blue by using peace, when it does finally turn blue, you'll have a duplicate copy of the pet. If you get off the mount and back on it, the dupe poofs. You can't command it or anything, it's just an odd temporary copy of the pet.
Ooh, that one sounds like my bug. Will fix. Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

For anyone who is interested or constantly gets this bug, Mr Sinister figured out what causes it. It's a problem with razor's "highlight target" option. As helpful as this feature can be, it's buggy and I'd reccommend leaving it turned off.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

nightshark wrote:For anyone who is interested or constantly gets this bug, Mr Sinister figured out what causes it. It's a problem with razor's "highlight target" option. As helpful as this feature can be, it's buggy and I'd reccommend leaving it turned off.
Sigh I was about to reply with the fix but you beat me to it..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:
nightshark wrote:For anyone who is interested or constantly gets this bug, Mr Sinister figured out what causes it. It's a problem with razor's "highlight target" option. As helpful as this feature can be, it's buggy and I'd reccommend leaving it turned off.
Sigh I was about to reply with the fix but you beat me to it..
;)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Got a kick out of re-reading what I wrote years ago:
I was my llama, in color. Like, my actual llama was visible next to my body, but my character became a llama and was running around on my screen in color, while the rest of the screen was black and white (like the movie Pleasantville, kind of).
There are many aspects of UOSA that I enjoy, but the possibility that at any moment a bug could turn me into a technicolor llama that runs around a world of black and white is probably at the top of the list.

Derrick

Re: Strange bug when people die [closed]

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the update. Closed as a razor bug.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”