Fame from barding and poison

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Fame from barding and poison

Post by nightshark »

Currently you get fame from poison kills. From what I've read, you are not supposed to (a poison tick is not considered an attack). It wasn't like this when I started on UOSA, but at some point there was a patch and you began getting fame from poison kills - this includes DP from energy vortexes.

This also applies to barding, if a player provokes, say, a terathan avenger onto a balron. The avenger will die first but eventually the poison ticks will kill the balron. You will gain fame from this.

It's also possible for two players to both get the fame from one mob if a poison tick and spell damage hit near simultaneously.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

iamreallysquall

Re: Fame from barding and poison

Post by iamreallysquall »

this was actually broken awhile ago and was "Fixed" for a bit , there was the rare situation when you were getting karma+ fame from two provoked mobs killing each other and the occasional poison tick but now it seems totally borked.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

bump because this was never fixed. you still get fame from poison kills and its still possible for 2 players to both receive fame from a single mob
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I believe it was deemed accurate, and I also think poison ticks do count as agressions, as they are criminal actions in town.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Pirul wrote:I also think poison ticks do count as agressions, as they are criminal actions in town.
this is correct
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pirul wrote:I believe it was deemed accurate, and I also think poison ticks do count as agressions, as they are criminal actions in town.
They should not be. This was disproved by Kaivan a long time ago.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Indeed. Looks like something has gone wrong here. I'll look into it. Thanks for the bump, don't hesitate to bump again if you don't hear anything.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."