Several bug issues

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
tenduil

Several bug issues

Post by tenduil »

I have been playing a lot more lately and have come across several issues in game that vary from aesthetics to annoyances.

Bad tile placement issues:

Guards in Vesper are repeatedly found in the water. (walk between the two mage shops for an example) I assume the code believes they are on the bridge but there is a X,Y coordinate discrepancy between where they think they are and where they should be/are displayed.

The above issue is repeated in Magincia in the Mage shop. Here, a fountain is in the middle of the shop which impedes PC movement but the NPC's continue to walk on the water like its not there.

Lastly, and forgive me as I posted this in an earlier post but there were no responses, the jeweler in Britain does not recognize that PC's have items to sell to them. Meaning, my character could have 10 gems (or 1 as there could be a gold issue on the vendor) and the vendor does not recognize that I have something to sell them. This repeatedly happens and is only sometimes resolved by repeatedly offering to buy things from him, cancelling the menu, and offering to vendor sell again.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Pirul

Re: Several bug issues

Post by Pirul »

tenduil wrote:This repeatedly happens and is only sometimes resolved by repeatedly offering to buy things from him, cancelling the menu, and offering to vendor sell again.
This is not a bug. Vendors have a limited amount of gold now, and it is likely the jeweler ran out of gold, and therefore can't buy any more. Try other jewelers.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Thank you for that. There are still the other issues I mention above that could be addressed.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

The below topics are still bug issues and there has been no discussion or commentary. I realize of course that things take time but when obvious bug issues such as this continue without even a commentary on 'oh yeah, that should be looked into' it is concerning.

Guards in Vesper are repeatedly found in the water. (walk between the two mage shops for an example) I assume the code believes they are on the bridge but there is a X,Y coordinate discrepancy between where they think they are and where they should be/are displayed.

The above issue is repeated in Magincia in the Mage shop. Here, a fountain is in the middle of the shop which impedes PC movement but the NPC's continue to walk on the water like its not there.
Awesomeness

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

tenduil wrote:The below topics are still bug issues and there has been no discussion or commentary. I realize of course that things take time but when obvious bug issues such as this continue without even a commentary on 'oh yeah, that should be looked into' it is concerning.

This server is largely coded by one person, with a few people helping out periodically. Derrick has, according to Braden, been very busy with life away from UOSA recently. Considering that the best you could hope to get from Braden, Kaivan, or similar (who is not Derrick) is an "we will mention this to Derrick" -- but considering that there are a number of large, gameplay affecting, bugs in place, expect that even when he is available these will be given a low priority. Don't expect them to be fixed quickly. :)
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

tenduil wrote:Guards in Vesper are repeatedly found in the water. (walk between the two mage shops for an example) I assume the code believes they are on the bridge but there is a X,Y coordinate discrepancy between where they think they are and where they should be/are displayed.
A lot of the guards in the Vesper waterways comes from them doing their jobs. Sea Serpents and Water Ele's sometimes spawn in the water inside the guardzones and the guards kill them, then stay where they are until they are needed again. Some of these seamobs are random spawn, but many come from lower-skill fishers failing a fishing attempt and pulling them up.

Once the guard gets to the water, they can't move, so they just stand in one spot until they teleport again. If it seems like there's a oddly large number of them in the water, it's just because some of them can stand there for a long time, so they add up. There's a lot of guards in Vesper, so one may stand in one spot for quite a while

I will agree that it is obnoxious, as I sail through Vesper nearly every day. With a limited number of paths that a boat can sail through the waterways, guards in the way can cause a problem. Despite the annoyance, it is not a bug that needs to be fixed.

I usually pm the GMs when they're on and ask for the guards to be moved. I understand that they aren't on very often, but they do get on now and then. Yoda has become more active than he's been in the past. He removed some guards for me a couple days ago.

The point of this is that this isn't a bug. It's the guards doing their jobs.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(