Spawning Issue and Orc Loot

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
DoRk

Spawning Issue and Orc Loot

Post by DoRk »

There seems to be something wrong with spawns in/near the yew crypts. It just looks wrong.

Also iam pretty sure that all orcs with the ringmail graphics droped a ringmail tunic, not only the orc lords.
(this is a memory thing tho - i might be wrong)
Attachments
YewCrypts.jpg

pm_lamont

Re: Spawning Issue and Orc Loot

Post by pm_lamont »

You are absolutely correct. Although, I don't remember any other than orc lords having the graphic in t2a. The orc lord ALWAYS had the same loot with variable gold, the rounded double axe, the chainmail tunic and the orc helm. There were other treasures sometimes in addition to these, but they always had this loot. Also, the orc masks (not orc helms to be clear) allowed you to not get attacked by orcs when you were wearing one. It was a sort of disquise. That was the whole reason for their creation. I used to use them to get inside forts. Your post is prolly more of an accuracy post though, rather than a bug.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

There were two types of orcs that wore chainmail, the orc captains (those orcs that had the graphic but had a normal orc name), and the orcs called "An Orcish Lord". Both types dropped a chainmail tunic, a double axe, thigh boots, and an orc helm. Obviously the orcish lords actually dropped better loot in terms of gold and they usually dropped a magic chainmail tunic instead of a normal one.

The one thing I should mention is the orcish masks you are referring to are called "masks of orcish kin". They were an early UOR addition, and as you might imagine they won't be found here.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Faust

Post by Faust »

Kaivan meant ringmail not chainmail, btw... :wink:

DoRk

Post by DoRk »

Kaivan wrote:There were two types of orcs that wore chainmail, the orc captains (those orcs that had the graphic but had a normal orc name), and the orcs called "An Orcish Lord". Both types dropped a chainmail tunic, a double axe, thigh boots, and an orc helm. Obviously the orcish lords actually dropped better loot in terms of gold and they usually dropped a magic chainmail tunic instead of a normal one.

The one thing I should mention is the orcish masks you are referring to are called "masks of orcish kin". They were an early UOR addition, and as you might imagine they won't be found here.
Thats how i remember it as well, not sure about the ringmail tunic mostly beeing magic on the lords but the general loot table was like that.

I should have sperated this post, the spawn issue here and the orc loot at era accuarcy board - my bad.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I seems to remember mostly skeletons down there. Though that could have been during ren
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

DoRk

Post by DoRk »

ecetres wrote:I seems to remember mostly skeletons down there. Though that could have been during ren
skeletons, ghouls, wraiths and 2 liches - i think the spawn types are ok, maybe a bit underpopulated.
the thing i wanted to point out is that those ettins, ratppl etc. should spawn on the surface not on an unreachable spot down, inside the crypts.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, these ogre/rat/orc spawns should be outdoors
Thanks

DoRk

Post by DoRk »

thanks derrick.
That makes 3 corrections in a row - i am awesome.