Eval int?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Murder

Eval int?

Post by Murder »

useless or usefull?

Im not sure how everything works on this server.

<Panthor> your flirting with a dude
lol

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Eval int?

Post by JoshuaLee »

Very important for magery, you will heal better and do much more damage with spells. Just set up a macro for using eval int on another char, or on a 2nd acct char and insert pause delay for 6000ms and loop it. Eval usually goes along with magery in most templates.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Delay for eval int is only 6 seconds? I thought it was 10?
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You will not heal better. Healing spells are purely based on Magery skill level.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Not sure if the formula has ever really changed, but as far as I know its like this:

First, your Evaluate Intelligence bonus is calculated:

Eval. Int. Bonus = ((EvalInt * 3) / 100) + 1

Then your Total Damage is calculated, based on the base damage of whichever spell you're casting. For Instance, base damage of Energy Bolt is 12.0 - 13.4.

Total Damage = (Base Damage * Eval. Int. Bonus) + 1

So without Eval Int, your ebolt is going to be hitting for 13.0 - 14 (decimal gets dropped)

With Eval Int, your ebolt is going to be hitting for 52-58. This of course is not including any additional calculations that might be made, like magic resist, etc.

Eval Int is also a passive skill when it comes to damage; you don't have to use it before casting spells. It's really only useful if you're going to be casting spells like Mind Blast and want to be sure your int is higher than your target, or when mana draining monsters who dispel and want to make sure they no longer have enough mana to dispel.

zzyzx wrote:Delay for eval int is only 6 seconds? I thought it was 10?
From what I've seen, all skills are now set at a 10 sec delay.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

hiicha wrote:
So without Eval Int, your ebolt is going to be hitting for 13.0 - 14 (decimal gets dropped)

With Eval Int, your ebolt is going to be hitting for 52-58.
I think those are the max damage values. Ebolt can be very random... I've seen some very low ebolts... like, 10 damage ebolts.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

zzyzx wrote:
hiicha wrote:

With Eval Int, your ebolt is going to be hitting for 52-58.
I think those are the max damage values. Ebolt can be very random... I've seen some very low ebolts... like, 10 damage ebolts.
hiiicha wrote:This of course is not including any additional calculations that might be made, like magic resist, etc.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Return to “New Player Help”