Re: stealth pk

Post by guido »

do u use resist much on your stealth mage

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I need to GM it at present but yeah, resist is a necessity on the field whatever your class.

Stealth
Hiding
magery
Resist
Evaluating Intelligence
meditation
Wrestling
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

magery/med/eval/wrest/hide/stealth/detect

1. ebolt or fs (scroll) when they are low health/occupied
2. stealth up and plant a tinker box on fresh corpse
3. para/explode/para/explode/ebolt

I also have an archer stealth pk but can't solo with him.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

You chose detect instead of Resist?
Gutsy...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:You chose detect instead of Resist?
Gutsy...
If you horseless stealther is taking spells your choices are recall or OOoooOOOOoo for the most part.

Stealth/hide/magery/med/ei/tacts/archery.

As i said earlier... you can do some massive combos in about 2 seconds total time.

Hardcore is more of a solo stealther. My template is great with a partner.

Archery's insta hit is key on people who bolt on horse back.

Its all about surprise or someone being occupied. Attack all out for the kill and bail if you fail.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

No, I can see the use of detect on someone who is failing miserably and is hiding out. I like resist though.
I also have a dexxer partner who can hide but cannot stealth who is the follow up guy.

Good temp with the archer...A plus for that. I know its hard to fit every skill in you need. Every advantage has its drawback.

Spellcasting alone won't kill me.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Been thinking bout making this kind of character for awhile. I agree that I'd do without resist. The stealth advantage enables you to pick when your going to attack. Go for all out damage IMO. No defense except escape(recall).

Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Eval
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy(for +damage on xbow shot) but this is just a thought.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

So it's all about one shot one kill and if you miss then...run away, run away!
Actually Arkosh if you changed anatomy to detect hidden that could work pretty good as a mercy killer.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Been thinking bout making this kind of character for awhile. I agree that I'd do without resist. The stealth advantage enables you to pick when your going to attack. Go for all out damage IMO. No defense except escape(recall).

Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Eval
Archery
Tactics
yeah, there are gank tank templates with anat instead of resist packing vanq or power hallies chucking pots. COme in and if you dont kill your opp right away you just bolt.

But, i will say no med sucks. We dont ghost spawns (bc it is the g@yest thing ever...) so there is a town of recalling/gating around looking for blue. No med will hurt you in that case.

guido

Post by guido »

Arkosh Kovasz wrote:Been thinking bout making this kind of character for awhile. I agree that I'd do without resist. The stealth advantage enables you to pick when your going to attack. Go for all out damage IMO. No defense except escape(recall).

Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Eval
Archery
Tactics
with 25/100/100,hiding on mount
xpot/heavyxbowshot/para/explode/para/explode/ebolt/chase with dp hally

guido

Post by guido »

how well do u think that combo would work hardcore

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

guido wrote:

Hiding
Stealth
Magery
Eval
Archery
Tactics
with 25/100/100,hiding on mount
xpot/heavyxbowshot/para/explode/para/explode/ebolt/chase with dp hally
it wouldnt.

Why have stealth if you want to be mounted? Chasing people with a dp hally with no swords skill? Para only work on new players without trapped pouches., no med means if you actually could cast all those spell(which you wuolndt be able to) you'd be out of mana and getting 1 pt back per 5 seconds (or something)etc. etc.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Hide behind tables cast an energy field right off in a place you can block escape and do an explosion, x-bolt,explosive pot,E-bolt combo when they are down on HP...leaving them three main options that being try to recall, try to dispel field, or try to heal.

and having 25 strength I doubt you could even hold a hally or Heavy Crossbow much less expect a DP hit.

guido

Post by guido »

swords
Magery
Eval
Archery
Tactics
meditation(or wrestling)

i meant with swords instead of stealth and magery hide mounted in high traffic area
50/100/75

xpot/xbowshot/ebolt/ebolt/chase with hally

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Hide behind tables cast an energy field right off in a place you can block escape and do an explosion, x-bolt,explosive pot,E-bolt combo when they are down on HP...leaving them three main options that being try to recall, try to dispel field, or try to heal.

and having 25 strength I doubt you could even hold a hally or Heavy Crossbow much less expect a DP hit.
guido wrote:swords
Magery
Eval
Archery
Tactics
meditation(or wrestling)

i meant with swords instead of stealth and magery hide mounted in high traffic area
50/100/75

xpot/xbowshot/ebolt/ebolt/chase with hally

its good ideas guys but you just need to get out and see how things actually are. A red casting a 7th circle spell (like efield) means your target is recalling or running. Even if you somehow block them recall casts faster than yourr 6th circle explo.

guido... i love the creativity but not everyone runs... you havnt even got your opps magic refllct off with your template and if he casts on you or a monster attacks you (which both happen often) you are insta dead.

dont even think of less than 100-90 str... the 1 weapon hit you may get needs to be as hard as possible. STr mod is key
If you guys want to learn to stealth and try new templates just PM hardcore or myself.