House safe spots?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

House safe spots?

Post by Karik Verlee »

Im just wondering which tiles in a house are safe. I know a small only the dead center tile is safe from area spells. But what about 2 stories, patios and the rest? Or is it just 2 tiles in from each outer wall?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House safe spots?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

As long as there are 2 tiles between you and any wall, and nobody can get inside you should be just fine. (except for earthquake, but that can't kill you).

If you are on the second story of an L shape, 2 tiles from the walls, but the lower floor is open to the public. They can meteor/chain-lightening you, or kill you with purple potions.

LNP

Post by LNP »

When you say any wall, do you mean outside wall? If I'm two tiles from an inside wall (which is more than 2 tiles away from an outside wall), can someone still attack?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Two tiles from any outside wall is safe. It doesn't matter if it is next to an inside only wall.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Safe zones would be the red zones below (can still be EQd in these zones, though)
safe_zone.jpg
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Great post Hicha. You wouldn't happen to have that illustration for an L-shape, would you?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Pirul wrote:Great post Hicha. You wouldn't happen to have that illustration for an L-shape, would you?
Just go off of the rule that if you're 2 tiles away from the walls, you shouldn't be able to be hit by anything but EQ. People tend to forget that the patio portion of large patios is a targetable area, so the safe zone isn't as large as a brick house, even though they share the same 14x14 floor plan.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

LNP wrote:When you say any wall, do you mean outside wall? If I'm two tiles from an inside wall (which is more than 2 tiles away from an outside wall), can someone still attack?
provided nobody can get inside the house to target the inside wall, yes you'd be safe.

Return to “New Player Help”