New player needing a bit of advise.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Nightime

New player needing a bit of advise.

Post by Nightime »

Hey guys! Im going to be coming back to UO tonight after a long lay off. To tell the truth ill be just as much as a noob now as i was then cause when i did play i had a friend that was a long time UO player that helped me get started with all my resources and anything else i needed so this is my first true NEW character to level and make money on my own. I only played the game a little less than a year on my first UO venture so i am very new and i basically forgot everything. I was wanting some advise on getting started. Like what would be a good character to get my feet wet where i can see some progress in the game without getting too frustrated. I know its a hard game to start off in especially if you know nothing and i really dont remember much and when i did play it was right after mondains legacy.

If anyone has any advice on character creation for a totally new player please help me out and what the heck should be the first thing i do when i get into the world to get my adventures going! I have read good things about this server and its people and thats why i picked it as my new home. Hope to see you all In game!! :mrgreen:

Nightime

CMONIES

Re: New player needing a bit of advise.

Post by CMONIES »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5350

I'm new to the server as well and this is the route I'm going.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Welcome to UOSA! Both of you!

If you have quick questions or wanna' meet up with fellow players, join us on IRC! ;)

Mardas

Post by Mardas »

Alright. First you'll probably want some money. I suggest mining or lumberjacking, maybe even fishing. Sell what you get for some easy money. Maybe even take of crafting once you get back to the hang of things. Once you make a little bit of money and can afford some armor and a weapon I'd suggest fighting wild animals in the forests surrounding whatever city you're near- staying close to the guard zones. Once you get the knack for fighting animals I would move up to a graveyard- Jhelom's is the safest- its basically in the city. Once you get to that point send me a private message and i'll tell you more.

Good luck!

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

Welcome to UOSA! I'll extend my advice to any new players that need it. All you have to do is ask. You can message me here on the forums or /msg EarOfTin on IRC. If I'm on IRC, message me there. If not, leave me a message here and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Now on to my advice!
They allow three accounts per person... Use all three right away! You have nothing to lose. Make a bard on one account, a dexer of your choice on another, and a miner/LJ on the other.

First use herding/camping/taste ID to get your stats up on all three toons. (100 Str is KEY!!!) Then move on to the important skills.
While you're macroing provo on the bard, macro anatomy and your other melee on your dexer (use paladins from delucia). While those two are macroing get going with your resource gathering toon. I don't care what resource you gather, they're all profitable! I chose to gather wool. I then bought tailoring up to 30ish and made fancy shirts, then cloaks, then robes. That alone should earn the cash for a small house. Make sure you use the public moongates to keep moving from tailor to tailor. It will maximize your profits. Every local runelibrary has cotton/sheep farms. Ingots are easy to sell for 7gp a piece if you'd rather do that. Wood is usually only 2.5-3. If you choose to gather lumber, I suggest fletching. Fletching can be as profitable as tailoring.

There's a bunch more advice to give, but hit me up for it. I'm running out of time. I'm also will to help out with minor things to get you started (NOT GOLD!! That is to be earned the old fashioned way) But aids, decent armor and such can be negotiated while supplies last. I also have a ton of broadswords from ballies (they're mediocre, but great for new toons.)

Hope this helps!
Ear of Tin

Return to “New Player Help”