Recall as criminal

Moderator: Support Moderators

PillPuller

Recall as criminal

Post by PillPuller »

I don't remember honestly but were you able to recall as a criminal back in the day? I seem to remember not being able to recall. But then again my memory is foggy.
AIM : Progn0sis

Faust

Re: Recall as criminal

Post by Faust »

Yes, that feature wasn't added until the UOR publish.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

Ahh I'm lovin' this shard... When I first started playing UO it was the summer of 98, so by the time I was comfortable with the game play style and such, in came all the infamous UO:R and it was downhill from there.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

/Agree with B&B this shard rocks. T2A offers everything that was good in UO. I agree that you should be able to recall as a criminal too. Why should magic stop working just because you picked up an item that you should not have, that would be just silly :)

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

The only nice part about no recalling as a criminal, if someone attacked you, they couldn't just up and leave if they started to lose. Same with using gates.

T2A > UO:R still, but there was a reason as to why they added this feature in. Forces people to fight more, something you don't see enough of on UOSA
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Totally agree. Most of the people I fight end up recalling away. Kinda cheesy.

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Aye I agree there are times when you shouldnt be allowed to recall when grey, but also when you should be allowed:

If you steal something off a person and they catch you.
If you loot a blue body that hasnt gone into a skeleton.
If you loot mobs you didnt kill yourself
If you attack someone blue, or heal a grey and go grey yourself.

But there are also times when a player might be using firewall or bladespirits to take some mob down, and someone will intentionally run into it in order to make them grey, and then start wailing on them. At least with recall they would have a slim chance of getting away.

I think it would be hard to program in what instances you can and cant recall when grey in which case it is probably just best to stay era accurate and be done with it.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

I agree with Slaine about all that. Stay ERA accurate :P now, if only there were a way to make some of the monster, and spell sounds back to the original, they way it was.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

Slaine wrote:Aye I agree there are times when you shouldnt be allowed to recall when grey, but also when you should be allowed:

But there are also times when a player might be using firewall or bladespirits to take some mob down, and someone will intentionally run into it in order to make them grey, and then start wailing on them. At least with recall they would have a slim chance of getting away.
TOTALLY disagree with that. That is why they put Trammel in. It's quite simple. If you are grey/criminal you cannot recall untill innocent. If you have recently entered combat there is a 'cooldown' so to speak since the last time you entered combat.

I don't mind things the way they are. Just think it would help pvp out a little. But I also understand that if it is not era accurate it should not be implemented and I support that. But as mentioned before not ALL the patches EA put in were bad.

Return to “New Player Help”