Drinking Potions

Moderator: Support Moderators

Black&Blue

Drinking Potions

Post by Black&Blue »

I do not remember empty bottles dropping on the ground after using them. Is that how it really was?
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Eadric

Re: Drinking Potions

Post by Eadric »

Originally yeah. I don't remember when they changed it, but guessing it was after t2a era. I remember how newbs used to roll around and pick up all the empty bottles pvpers would leave, heheh.

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

LOL I would have even if I wasn't a noob.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Hell I used to run around and pick up all the unwanted potions that dropped from Fire and Water elementals to get the old cash flow started :)

Im freaking loving this game all over again. BZ to the management (er BZ means well done in the armed forces, not sure if there is a civilian equivalent)

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I actually have my scavenger in razor set up to pick up empty bottles... Haha! So when I toss a bottle it picks it up for me. ;)

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Hmm scavenger....

I have seen the option in Razor, have even managed to set up my hot bag for selling stuff. But have no idea how scavenger works or what it does.

I gather it picks up stuff lying around. Does it pick up stuff off bodies and out of bags or boxes on the floor automatically?

Is it easy yo set up? Or you you manually have to drop every kind of item into the scavenger window and say 'Yes, these are all the types of items I wish you to pick up automatically?

Any light you can shed on this would be great. There are times when there are like 8 bodies on the floor all with loot on that I want to pick up, but cant because agro is incoming.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Go to Razor Agent's tab, dropdown menu to Scavenger Agent. Click "Add target", click Enable.

Easy stuff :)
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Like RoadKill wrote, easy stuff. You have to target every type of item for the scavenger to work, and when it's close enough to pick any of the items in the list up, it'll do so. It cannot be used for looting corpses, but it can be used to loot mobs that don't have corpses, such as water elementals for example (they drop the loot on the ground). It does not pick stuff up from bags or boxes, you should use an restock agent or an organizer for that.

Good stuff to have in your scavenger are: Regs, Gold, Gems, Empty Bottles, and anything else you might find useful to pick up if it's layin' on the ground.

Oh, and like RoadKill said, make sure you click "Enable" at the bottom, otherwise it won't work. ;)

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Ahh righty, many thanks. I think its probably worth adding every type of armor and weapon as you never know what elementals might drop. Tedious to add them all I am guessing, but in the long run might be worth it hey?

So there is no fast way to loot a corpse on the floor other than the good old fashioned way? I am suspecting this to be the case, which I guess isnt a bad think or people would just run around hoovering up all the loot off stuff they didnt kill.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

My scavenger picks up gems, gold, recall regs, runebook/spellbooks, and deed/checks.

And during IDOCs I add other items to it so I can just charge in to get specific rares
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

PillPuller

Post by PillPuller »

RoadKill wrote:My scavenger picks up gems, gold, recall regs, runebook/spellbooks, and deed/checks.

And during IDOCs I add other items to it so I can just charge in to get specific rares
h4x0r.
AIM : Progn0sis

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Slaine wrote:Hell I used to run around and pick up all the unwanted potions that dropped from Fire and Water elementals to get the old cash flow started :)

Im freaking loving this game all over again. BZ to the management (er BZ means well done in the armed forces, not sure if there is a civilian equivalent)
No it doesnt. It means Bravo Zulu, and the civilian equal is "well done".

Slaine
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Slaine »

Ahh is that what BZ means?! Fancy me being in the Royal Navy for 20 years and not knowing that LOL ;) I know it means Bravo Zulu you Sierra indigo Lima Lima Yankee Bravo Oscar Yankee hehe. I meant the context the armed forces use it in means 'Well done' , so if an Admiral says 'BZ to HMS Illustrious' he is saying well done to the ships company :)

As for the civillian equivalent, I meant, for example, in a Company if someone does good, does the Executives say something similar to BZ to them, in recognition of their services.

We also have MID (Mention in Dispatches) which means if your name is mentioned in an official document in a good way, you got MID, and that is usually followed by a BZ from your XO or CO :) (Every time I think of MID I think of Mib's hehe I would rather get a Mib than a Mid.)

Return to “New Player Help”