Any Non-Hally Tanks?

Moderator: Support Moderators

benny-

Any Non-Hally Tanks?

Post by benny- »

So Ive been working a char in hopes of trying something new....What Im trying to go for is a tankmage (reg 7x skillset) that uses a different wep than the typical hally. While I understand the halberd is the best wep to utilize the low dex build of a mage, I'd like to try something different as I really dont like playing the same build as 90% of the shard, so please....spare the replies of "give it up and take the hally." =P

I saw chars like this quite a bit during actual t2a, tanks with fencing or other fast weps.....Ive even seen a couple mages here who use qstaffs. So anyway, to my questions....

Are there any specific tactics or methods to use in pvp that can better utilize a faster wep....any tips at all regarding pvp?

Also, Ive heard of some mages dropping a small amount of str and int for a few more points of dex.....is this worthwhile? I could deal with say 5 less max hp or mana, but Im wondering if Id be missing out on much in regards to mana regen rate or spell dmg increase by having a lower int, or lower max dmg due to a lower str. If anyone could give me the pros/cons of having stats other than the 100/100/25 Id appreciate it.

Thanks
- Elisud

Freeza

Re: Any Non-Hally Tanks?

Post by Freeza »

benny- wrote:So Ive been working a char in hopes of trying something new....What Im trying to go for is a tankmage (reg 7x skillset) that uses a different wep than the typical hally. While I understand the halberd is the best wep to utilize the low dex build of a mage, I'd like to try something different as I really dont like playing the same build as 90% of the shard, so please....spare the replies of "give it up and take the hally." =P

I saw chars like this quite a bit during actual t2a, tanks with fencing or other fast weps.....Ive even seen a couple mages here who use qstaffs. So anyway, to my questions....

Are there any specific tactics or methods to use in pvp that can better utilize a faster wep....any tips at all regarding pvp?

Also, Ive heard of some mages dropping a small amount of str and int for a few more points of dex.....is this worthwhile? I could deal with say 5 less max hp or mana, but Im wondering if Id be missing out on much in regards to mana regen rate or spell dmg increase by having a lower int, or lower max dmg due to a lower str. If anyone could give me the pros/cons of having stats other than the 100/100/25 Id appreciate it.

Thanks
A qstaff also works. It does not give the nice burst damage, but its fast and drains stamina.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I would think that whatever the hardest hitting mace weapon would be the next best bet. Aside from the obvious (wont do as much damage, and cannot be poisoned) faults, it would play out better if you are prone to long battles where potions/poison runs out. I think without potions/food, a mace fighter has the clear advantage then, provided he can survive the onslaught of deadly poison and handle the slightly less damage through the beginning.

If you have groups of people helping you fight, Archery is the weapons skill to use...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

benny- wrote:So Ive been working a char in hopes of trying something new....What Im trying to go for is a tankmage (reg 7x skillset) that uses a different wep than the typical hally. While I understand the halberd is the best wep to utilize the low dex build of a mage, I'd like to try something different as I really dont like playing the same build as 90% of the shard, so please....spare the replies of "give it up and take the hally." =P

Thanks

Warhammer would work, don't bother dropping anything for dex because you can insta hit refresh every 2 seconds anyways.

Warhammer is what you should do with your tankmage, if you don't want halberd.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

War Hammer instead of Halberd
Quarter Staff instead of Katana

Play as normal, but expect slightly lower weapon damage output. Survive their major dump and you've got a good chance of winning, or "winning"

3/4 of my fights on my former macer tank ended up with my opponent recalling or 'quitting' the duel. I ended up switching to swords because of this, its frustrating that players think one template is better than another, and then when you put it to the test, they wimp out.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Galahad Scythe

Post by Galahad Scythe »

remember

warhammer is stealable
hally isn't !!!!

Return to “New Player Help”