What is the thieves guild and how do I join?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Laird

What is the thieves guild and how do I join?

Post by Laird »

as the topic says: What is the thieves guild and how do I join?

thanks for any answer =)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What is the thieves guild and how do I join?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Some of the non player characters in the world are in guilds of their own. For instance, NPC mages have a mages guild, and offer better prices to those in their guild. Find a "guildmaster" of a certain profession, and tell them <their-name> join, and they will offer to admit you for some gold. The thieves guild works a little different, members of the thieves guild can steal from other players that are not criminals/murderers. Anyone can steal from a criminal/murderer. The thief guildmaster also offers to sell you a disguise kit. You tell them <their-name> disguise, and for 700gp they will sell you an item that changes your general appearance and name, but always makes your hair white, so use of a hair-dye afterwards is important. This effect is temporary. You can only be in 1 NPC guild at a time, to quit one you simply find a guildmaster for that profession and say <their-name> quit. There are some stipulations to quitting, you may have to wait a few days. There is also certain criteria you must meet to join certain guilds, such as the thieves guild, however you can be a member of an npc and a player guild at the same time.

There is a thief-gm in the tavern by the water immediately south of the west brittan bank. Look for the guy/girl with a kryss in hand.

Read more about the thieves guild here...
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Stealing

Laird

Post by Laird »

thank you very much! =)

Gone Fishing

Post by Gone Fishing »

All I can find here in this tavern is a thief for hire. Not a guildmaster. Am I in the wrong spot?
The Cat's Lair.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

It's "something Boar" I believe.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

zzyzx wrote:It's "something Boar" I believe.
Blue Boar Inn a tavern with an open doorway near one of the centerline bridges over the river that connects East and West Britain. It will be on the North Side of the Road on the West side of the bridge.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

oliVeR

Post by oliVeR »

Just for future reference - I just joined a character. The price to join is 500 gp.

Hegyi Ember

Post by Hegyi Ember »

I keep getting told my character is too young to join... what does that mean?
Ye've ne'er walked the toughest of roads, if ye've ne'er walked the mountains. - Hegyi Ember

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You need to be a week old to join
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”