Gold

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kayne

Gold

Post by Kayne »

ok i need gold. can some one tell me the best way to make cash fast?
like what kind of char to make ect...

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gold

Post by Mephistopheles »

Make as many characters as possible and just give yourself the 1,500 gold every week.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Kayne wrote:ok i need gold. can some one tell me the best way to make cash fast?
like what kind of char to make ect...
A good way would be to sheer sheep and pick cotton. Make what you pick into cloth and sell it to NPC tailors. It's a quick way to make some starting cash. Perhaps that character could start with 50 magery and visit a rune library. Most rune libraries have runebooks to places where sheep and cotton can be found.

Other than that, you could also make a bard. Musicianship and Provocation can easily be macroed up and you'll soon be able to tackle some monsters that drop more gold. Just don't choose those two skills as your starting skills, they're quite fast to raise, and you can do it afk using razor to macro them. ;)

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

The best way to make gold is start a smith/miner with 50 in each skill. Get your stats up by snooping and hold down the last object key, and taking the kindling from trees with a bladed weapon and up your camping. Hold down the last object key on the kindling and watch your stats soar. Just continue these two processes.
I made thousands in just a couple of hours. But remember to get your stats up so you can carry a heavier load and run to smelt the ore faster then it would take you to lead a pack horse.
I also macroed hiding to hide from those who would grief you for your wealth and I am working on stealthing on my smith as well.
Trust me this is the easiest and fastest way to make cash pronto. I have a tailor on another character because i want to make a dex armor with a studded gorget that won't take away your dexterity like a plate gorget would, plus I want to make armours to easier stealth and meditate with. Just recalling to the sheep hot spots to find them all plucked away all over the place is a hassle. The entire mountain region of Minoc can be exploited and ore refreshes quickly so start the Char there.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

P.S. For all those developing tailoring or hording bandages make sure to kill the sheep thereafter for many times sheep spawn faster then their wool

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

P.s.s in order to speed up spawning also take your bladed weapon and carve the sheep to hasten decay.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

You may even have to remove the legs of lamb in order for the corpse to be free of loot so pile up all those raw lamb legs. When loot remains on a corpse it usually takes a longer time to decay.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

I bought a house 3 days after starting here, with bowcrafting & lumberjacking.

Start a charecter with 40 bowcraft, 40 magery, 20 lumberjack and 59 str, 10 dex, 11 int. Start in Yew, Skara or Britain, use your starting 100gp to purchase as many hatchets/axes as you can afford and 1 carpentry tool. Start choping trees until your at your weight limit with logs, use the carpentry tool to turn them into boards, when your below weight again repeat this process until you are carrying the maximum ammount of boards possible, should be about 400ish at 60 str.

Now head to the nearest bowyer and set up a macro for making bows and sell these to the npc vendor, be carefull not to go over 430 stones or the bows will drop onto the floor. If the vendors starts offering less than 23gp per bow, simple move onto another bowyer.

Yew has 2, Skara 3, Brit 1 and Nu'jelm 1[although thats off limits until a little later]. Once your bowcraft gets above about 55 you should be making around 2k for every "run" to a bowyer npc. Use the moongates initially to keep moving between Yew, Skara & Brit. A full circuit of all 6 bowyers should net you about 10k every 2 hours or so.

You can speed this up initially by either taking 50 bowcraft & lumberjacking and droping magery or, and this is what i did, buy 10 mark scrolls & blank runes and mark all the bowyers, including Nu'jelm. Benefits of this is you dont need players to purchase from you and its almost 100% safe as you can chop trees in towns for the most part. Try and time your runs to Brit & Skara as Yew does not have a smith to purchase axe's from.

Long term this charecter can either develop into a resources mule, a crafter, or start working on archery, tactics, healing & anatomy alonside the 3 skills already in use for a ranger type charecter. It is slow going at first, and rather dull, but if you do 5 complete circuits of the bowyers you will have your first house and enough cash to start macroing another charecter in about 4-5 days.

Edit: Reasons i went down this route is that the sheep shearing is too busy, no one kills the sheep instead of shearing them, and i found my self constantly running from pen to pen to find no wool.
?

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Here is an idea. With two accounts make one Smith, and one Miner...a fantastic duo. Start off with a miner that has 50 in a weapon skill and 50 in mining keep plugging away at that ore kid and keep smelting it and stock it in your bank. After stocking up with a tremendous amount of metal. Start handfeeding it to the little baby Blacksmith who's parked his rear at the forge and all he does is macro making weapons and armour all day. Watch his ingot levels, keep selling his wares and when he starts getting low pump him up with some more. This leaves you with alot of extra skill slots to perfect to keep both characters well armed and dangerous when you relieve them from their duties for a bit of fun. After that dump all your gold on some lucky adventure class tank mage.
You might want to at least go a little with your resource gathering on your smith don't GM mining though keep it high 50's to 65 so that you primarily dig up iron ore which is what you want to work with until you reach high levels of Smithing. GM mining comes faster then smithing so you want to have more iron ore then anything else as the colored ingots take longer to be able to work them.
You can do this with all your crafters..make your artisians and then make your mules.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

I was able to buy a small house about 3-4 days using this strategy. It's great if you don't want to do monotonous play style like collecting resources to sell via mining or lumberjacking. I also spent a good amount of time online those 3-4 days, first with macroing stats and certain skills first which will be explained below.

PvM Warrior Guide for New Players

Warrior/Archer PvM template:

100 Fencing
100 Tactics
100 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Archery
70 Hiding
30 Magery

100 str
100 dex
25 str

Another example of a variation of this build:

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Archery/or parry
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magic Resist
70 Hiding
30 Magery

100 str
100 dex
25 str

Recommendations:

* I would use either fencing or swordsmanship. Parry is optional for either builds. It really depends on your playing style and the purpose of that char. Parry is good if you want your PvM char to be able to fend off another warrior in PvP.

** If you want magic resist you can drop archery or parry depending on your play style.

This type of build works very well for a new beginner because it is very cheap in building up your first character.

I always macro my stats up first and then I macro anatomy up to the 90's.

You can gather cotton or wool for bandages by using a loom/spinning wheel.

I recommend starting with healing and resist. Or archery and healing if you don't want resist.

Starting your first PvM warrior:

Collect enough cotton and/or wool from sheep. Use loom and spinning wheel t convert to bolts of cloth. Use scissors to cut the cloth to makes bandages and also sell some bolts for gold to train in tactics, fighting skill and parry. Put aside archery for now, that will be the last skill you work.

I would macro hiding to 70 early on before you decide to farm gold and gain skill. It will help you evade encounters with PK's who like to recall into hunting grounds. Once you hunted and gotten some extra gold you can train magery. The cost is 300ish gp and you will get 30.9 magery skill. This will allow you to recall with a scroll. This will be very important later in being able to escape from PK's while you're farming gold. You can even cast magic reflection and other lower level spells with a scroll fairly easy.

Adventuring for Gold and Skill Gain:

Start off killing undead monsters at various graveyards from 25-45 skill level. Keep bandages with you to gain healing. I recommend the one graveyards south of yew, the cemetery in grave Jhelom, graveyard south the town of Moonglow or the one outside of Vesper. Don't use the Brit graveyard, pk's hit up that one a lot.

Once you reached 45-50 skill level in your fighting skills move onto an Orc fort i.e. South of Yew or South of Cove and work your skill up to 65-70ish. At this point you can go to the dungeon Shame and fight Earth elementals until you grandmaster your skills. If your healing isn't at least 65-70 I don't recommend going to Shame because of the scorpions. Bring some greater cure potions just in case. This is a good place to gain healing.

Healing and Parry:

Another way to get healing up and GM parry is to set up a self-heal macro and have 3 to 4 deers attacking you, it is important to tab out so you don't kill the deer. You can add more deer as your healing and parry increases. I would wait until you have 75 healing to have more than four deer hitting you.

You can gm healing by setting up a heal macro on a ghost at 79-80 healing skill level. Just use a dead char from your 2nd or 3rd account.

Archery:

To GM archery you need about 6k of arrows I think, if I remember correctly. I trained on a fighter in our patio house. I was healing the hired fighter and so was my brother. He was working on his healing skill. I already had Gm'ed my healing. You definitely need two healers, one has to be GM and with at lest 70 healing. In the future, you can use this method for GMing any fighting skill.

You can gather feathers by killing harpies in the dungeon Covetous and cutting their corpses with a dagger. If you create a lumberjack/bowcrafter, gathering wood with a UO razor macro is pretty painless.

A few notes:

*** I don't use Magic Resist because I tend rely on magic armor and silver or power/vanq weapons to make up for my lack of defense. I don't PvP on this char and he isn't designed to take a lot of magic spell damage, although he is good against other warriors in pvp because I have parry.

I can kill blood and poison elementals on this warrior template fairly easy with power or vanq bows or x-bows by getting them caught on the stalagmite formations in the dungeons.
Last edited by Unlimited Bladeworks on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Any questions, just ask in this topic or Private message me.

To macro skills or use UO razor to help macro skills certain skills please read the Skill Guide forum. There is a lot of helpful information there and a awesome resource for new players.

Shame is a good pace to hunt all around for warriors. Earth elementals can help you GM your fighting skills and healing. Fire elementals and Air elementals make it possible to farm 10,000-15,000 in about a half hour's time if no one else is around hunting them too.

JasonNtn

Post by JasonNtn »

Start with 50 Magery, 49 Inscription, and save 1 for a skill you want a newbi-fied item with. (Like Fishing for instance) Invest your first 100 gold in blank scrolls and Nightshade. Make Poison scrolls for a nice profit and you'll have enough money for a house in very little time. As you make money invest in improving your magery as this will open up new levels to use with your inscription and more profits. By the time you can Mark you should have runes to every mage shop in the game and travel from place to place and be able to find blank scrolls and any regs you're running low on. It's also always a good idea to bank a few blank scrolls and regs for those times when all the mage shops are out of stock. You can make a million gold in around a month using this method.

Return to “New Player Help”