Med Warrior

Tips from the Veterans
morganm

Re: Med Warrior

Post by morganm »

Good points Pirul; I see what you mean.

What about 90 Magery, 90 Resist, and 90 Meditation being good'nuf? I'm trying to finish my first mage here and that last 10 points of resist is getting really expensive and really annoying. GM magery wasn't nearly as bad but it did get expensive there at the end. With 90 magery you shouldn't be fizzling e-bolts right?

That gives 30 points to invest in Tracking which really interests me plus I don't have to spend so much time and gold in getting GM resist/magery.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

The only argument I have for ya, Pirul, is that with a Gr Str pot you will nullify the damage lost with 80 anatomy (anatomy and strength have same bonus) and with even a base of 70 Dex and a Gr Agil pot, you can get a Kryss to swing at 5 ticks.

I think a medwarrior can be done, and tough to kill if done right, but the lower dex certainly screws with your offense.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Morganm: 90 magery should be right about there for you to not fizzle e-bolts. Tracking is a good skill to have, and a little goes a long way.

Spitfire: I'm not sure a grtr Str pot will make up for the loss of anatomy. I believe stats over 100 stops giving bonuses. From what I understand, drinking a grt agility pot will not help you swing faster than if you had 100 stam, but you will be able to take a clumsy with no penalty, and the stam loss due to dmg/running will still leave you over 100 for a while, which helps your swing.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I saw this temp on another medwarrior thread:

Weapon 100
Tactics 100
Healing 100
Anatomy 100
Magery 100
Resist 100
Med 50
Eval 50

Any thoughts on that? Is "some" offensive magic power and "some" mana regen better than only one?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Med warriors are great, if done right. 60 wrestling on some of these templates are only for being confronted with a hally cycle or trying to dodge at the last minute getting a spell off versus a dexxer running up on you. It's a gamble with the odds slightly against you, but at least with a little wrestling you have some chance.

Against wrestling who cares? With either a protection or reactive armor cast, or even light armor wrestling isn't going to be a concern for interrupt one bit.

There are a ton of different varities of a med dexxer. Could even throw in a minimum amount of poisoning to throw off bandage timers or just to be a pain. You don't have to GM posioning to make good use of it. It's all about how you play or better yet how you plan on responding to how other people play based on mechanics.

AS FAR AS 50 MED/50 EVAL goes I would drop anatomy to 80 maybe even 90 resist and go 80 med 50 eval. Is 50 eval better then none...of course it is.

Keep them guessing and they always shall.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

morganm

Post by morganm »

Here's what I'm gonna try....

fencing 100
tactics 100
anatomy 100
healing 90
magery 90
resist 90
meditate 90
tracking 40

100 str
80 dex
45 int

Idea behind this character is a DG town guard; PvP support in the field. I'm no expert but from what I've read and my experience this should be a fun alternative yet not a complete gimp. Things I'm not sure of... 80 dex vs 85 or 90? Fencing vs any other weapon skill? 90 healing vs 100... will bandages 'barely help' that much more often? No wrestling?

Nothing is set in stone and can be adjusted as needed. Certainly open to advice!

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

morganm wrote:Here's what I'm gonna try....

fencing 100
tactics 100
anatomy 100
healing 90
magery 90
resist 90
meditate 90
tracking 40

100 str
80 dex
45 int

Idea behind this character is a DG town guard; PvP support in the field. I'm no expert but from what I've read and my experience this should be a fun alternative yet not a complete gimp. Things I'm not sure of... 80 dex vs 85 or 90? Fencing vs any other weapon skill? 90 healing vs 100... will bandages 'barely help' that much more often? No wrestling?

Nothing is set in stone and can be adjusted as needed. Certainly open to advice!
I just started work on a med dexer and I'll be working mace. Any build like this is going to sacrifice a bit of offense for the ability to cast and bandage for heals. You're primarily a defensive build...meaning fights will hopefully take longer, which in my mind makes macing the best option for stamina drain and armor damage. I'd swap healing and anat because you will still fail at 90. Actually, I'd go gm heal, 80 anat and dump 10 more points into resist or magery.

I still think you'll be severely gimped without wrestle. You'll be limited to primarily casting against casters and dexing against dexers. Well, you'll never be able to cast against a dexer for sure. It kinda ties your hands a bit, I feel. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of med and magery (kinda useless on offense without eval anyhow), and gm wrestle or take it to 90 at the lowest.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

morganm

Post by morganm »

There's plenty of debate back and forth on wrestling but what would you sacrifice for wrestling?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Check my template on page 1. I'm going with enough mage and med to use them defensively to heal/teleport/recall. 70 magery 50 med you gm heal and take anat to 80 and that gives you enough for 90 wrestle right there.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Depends on your style, in DG we seem to fight on the open field and chase a LOT, which makes wrestling a bit less of a priority since you aren't caught in tight spaces. We also fight a lot of mages, making it less of a concern, just be sure to equip your weapon when the hally comes.

I would base my stats on a specific weapon. For example, with a qstaff, the lowest dex you can have while swinging at 6 ticks (1.5 seconds) is 79. You may want to add a few buffer points also since you lose stam from running around.

I think this was posted earlier, but it will probably work best, all GM:

Maces (or any weapon)
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery
Resist
Meditation

If you really want tracking, maybe drop med to 80 and resist and anatomy to 95 or something to put 30 points there.

100/80/45

morganm

Post by morganm »

So far I've been really happy with this build. I got the skills high enough to play which left enough for a bit of tracking. Right now I'm just sick of macroing him and want to play!

Skills: (base not modified)
Anatomy:100.0
Tactics:100.0
Fencing:100.0
Magery:99.3
Meditation:96.5
Healing:91.9
Resisting Spells:90.8
Tracking:21.5

Stats:
Str:100
Dex:80
Int:45

What I like:
Having enough mana to res, gate, offensive spells, and spam mini heal as needed.
Using a kryss it seems fast enough even at 80 DEX. (Want to try war fork too)
Even though I suck at PvP I can stay alive and in the fight!
Great support character in a field fight.

What I don't like:
Can't seem to make a kill... seems to be a combination of how much I suck at PvP, missing a lot with weapon, opponents can easily spam mini heal after I mana dump, and not being able to stick to an opponent well enough to get several hits in a row.

What I'm still learning:
Need to practice more...
What armor should I wear? Straight leather with shitty AR but with good mana regen? Some leather/studded and squeeze a few more AR points but have mediocre mana regen? Screw it... get as much AR as I can with as little DEX loss and only get one mana dump (or fiddle around with yet ANOTHER freak'n hot key so I can undress on the go...)?
Last edited by morganm on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I like your build, it makes the most sense. Getting the kill with a dexxer is hard due to the easiniess of spamming mini-heal. Try a war fork and practice using purple pots, might be able to get the kill in then. I'd suggest mixing and matching studded and normal leather for an optimal AR that will still allow you to med or go plate tunic, and leather everywhere else and use a hotkey just for the tunic. Also, poisoning your wep will give you an edge vs. dexxers since you'll keep poisoning him and disrupting their bandages/making him drink cures otherwise.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I like stats 95/80/50 for a macer and 95/70/60 for a fencer. Of course you are going to use pots with both to bring up stats.
morganm wrote: Skills: (base not modified)
Anatomy:100.0
Tactics:100.0
Fencing:100.0
Magery:99.3
Meditation:96.5
Healing:91.9
Resisting Spells:90.8
Tracking:21.5

Stats:
Str:100
Dex:80
Int:45

What I like:
Having enough mana to res, gate, offensive spells, and spam mini heal as needed.
After saying I don't know what I am talking about in using offensive spells without eval...I find this very hillarious.
All I have to say is learn to synch ex-pots with your casts. Without wearing any armor at all you can get enough mana to drop at least a couple meteor swarms in a short amount of time especially with at least 50 intel 80-100 meditation. Dress macros can come in handy however, a leather tunic and leather gorget only won't hinder you that much if you must always wear some sort of protection...and rememember you can wear male plate over female leather for a faster dress.

Besides faster mana regeneration higher intelligence guarantees you won't lose that precasted MS to a feeblemind.

Also,longspear and kryss would be my favoured weapons.

I would have to say the medi-dexxer is about the funnest to play as they are the most versatile templates out there.

Knowing how to cast offensively without eval, I made a close quarters medi dexxer to be used in ganks that is more of a diversion then anything...keeping MS, and EQ scrolls on him is a good idea. I plan on trying to stop more recalls then E-bolts so 80 resist I felt was fine. My buddies are the heavy hitters, I plan on being the nuisance.

Fencing
Wrestling 90
Tactics
Anatomy 60
Resist 80
Meditation 80
Magery 90
Healing
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Spitfire wrote:Depends on your style, in DG we seem to fight on the open field and chase a LOT..
tbh, and I don't mean this as an insult at all, with the way DG plays you should all be running a mix of archer/dexers and archer/mages and just get your gank on. You guys outnumber your opponents in almost every situation so obviously you're going to have people trying to kite you out and separate you from each other in an attempt to divide and conquer. So just synch up heavies or explo/heavy combos.

I say this because if you're going to specialize by play style as the quote above suggests then a med warrior is just a poor choice for this style of play to begin with. A med warrior should be a macer that attempts to outlast it's opponent 1v1 and whittle him down, that's where the strength of the build lies. If you're going to be doing a lot of open field group fighting you want to dump as much offense on your target as you can. Hell you don't even all need to have resists, you could be tossing out explo/heavy combos on characters with GM eval and GM anatomy if you really wanted to deviate from a cookie cutter template.

Magery/Eval/Med/Archery/tactics should be your base 5 skills and throw in any combination of Anatomy, Wrestling, Resists, Macing, Healing, or Tracking to round it out. If your goal is making characters you can all log on to protect your guild town then you'll kill a lot more people by by throwing all that front load damage at them than you will running med warriors.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Though the Kind Bickfod does not tourney much his only win was versus Sandro's Tank Mage in the last heat...
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/37383

Mediocre at two things do the naysayers spit...

I'd rather fight a one armed man who is really strong in that arm then a man with two that are average I say.

60 med 80 eval no anatomy with healing...sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...but I seen it firsthand as it happened upon others instead.

The Hybrid or Medidexxer isn't what many are used to...and for that people think it is inferior. Not so. It trumps tank mage time and again...and I have seen it send multiple dexxers running even when outnumbered.