Med Warrior

Tips from the Veterans
Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Med Warrior

Post by Huzke »

Like I said, it's a good dueling template. My comment was only in response to Spitfire saying he wanted to sepcialize his around the DG playstyle, and for the way they seem to play they need the extra ranged offense. It makes more sense for them to dump buckets of DPS on targets than to chase people around with 6 med warriors and let everyone get away from them.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

I really do have a tough time chasing people down in the open field with a weapon skill, so your points are certainly valid huzke. Paralyze is probably the answer to my problems since I do have med. Then again, why not just use a tank mage, since chasing and paralyzing someone will take enough time off the clock to cycle your hally. Something about whipping someone with a Qstaff is just fun though :)

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

If someone allows you to paragank them then they had no business in PvP to begin with. Paralyze will not be the answer to your woes in most cases.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Here is my take on things,

People need to wear stat enhancement clothing, they almost never do.
Greater potions can take it another 10.

Most fights in field PVP will not outlast the charges. You can dress macro items with roughly the same amount of charges otherwise having a couple or few changes of them because they are cheap as any lock picker can tell you its a thrift shop of those things out there.

So first lets look at stats for a med warrior. I am going to break a few rules.

Str 90/100/110
Dex 70/80/90
Int 65/75

Wearing stat enhancement attire/jewelry the whole time, use of pots, and debuffs will give you these min average and max numbers. The first number is your base and do not plan on going below that. You have these items to ensure you do not. Do not waste them in PVM, use them only when you need them.

I would go

Macing
Tactics
Healing
Resist
Magery
Med
Wrestling

Now look back up at the stats I gave you, a Q-staff at 90 dex can be pretty mean and 75 int with GM med means you pretty much are ready for anything almost always. You can even dare a leather tunic. Magic Items are very plentiful and are there for a reason. Make use of them.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.