Enticement and Monsters

Tips from the Veterans
Memphis

Enticement and Monsters

Post by Memphis »

Hi there,
i just finished pushing my provocation skill to grandmaster and i was thinking about the enticement skill.
In theory it sounds nice to lure a dragon to the next one and provoke them, but is this possible ?
I read a lot about enticement and peacemaking and all the posts are saying that both skills are useless, but none of them is really saying why.
As far as i know in t2a bard skills are not difficult based, so with 100 enticement i should be able to entice everything which includes dragons.
I can also imaging, that peacemaking could be a very handy tool, exspecially when there is a downtime on enticement (don't know if there is).
So could somebody explain me why enticement isn't usefull, in my opinion just with provocation it could be tricky sometimes to lure the dragons to each other.

Best Regards,
Memphis

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Enticement and Monsters

Post by elhorno »

Enticement has 2 uses.
Luring npcs out of town to kill (doesn't work on shopkeepers). Hardly lucrative.
Stealing other peoples pets. Enticement doesn't flag you for criminal even if its a tamed pet, so people cast a gate. and entice pets through them at stables and banks etc.

The usage you suggested, enticing dragons to follow you, is completely redundant. You will have NO trouble getting a dragon to follow you with 0 enticement. Trust me :) Bottom line is, unless you plan on stealing pets and selling them, which is fine and can be lucrative, I would never pick up enticement.

Just to be clear, monsters are going to attack you and walk towards you without the enticement skill. No cooldown, passive, constant.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Peacemaking is "useless" because it doesn't have a target-peace affect here, it is only an area-peace which just results in the monsters you peaced attacking you again in like 3-4 seconds.

Peacemaking in T2A is more like a grief skill, you can use it to nullify other bards provoked creatures. Doesn't really have any use for PvM that is worth picking up the skill.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Memphis

Post by Memphis »

Thank you very much, i thought enticement is like a temporary taming. That a dragon would follow me peacefully.
This sentence from the t2awiki irritated me: This skill may be used to lure a monster around until another monster can be found, and then provoke the two. (requiring the provocation skill).
So the word monster isn't right here, because they are following you anyway.

Just one more question about the movement speed. The wiki says, that enticement would reduce the victims movement speed ; If successfully enticed, the target creature will reduce to its normal walking speed and walk toward the player.
So for example a Balrun is very fast when it is aggressive against you, wouldn't it be slower enticed ?

Regards,
Memphis

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

That's actually a very good question and unfortunately I do not have the answer to that.

But if that is true then it opens up a few more uses for the skill..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

the only thing I can think that would open up would be more griefing. Having a full health silver serpent slowly slither around behind you around almost like a pet, hide and unleash its true speed on the nearest player.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

cant entice monsters. you could provoke a monster on to your self ( i do this all the time). peacemaking has various bugs and is on the todo (wont get into details) but is not entirely useless but aye it's mostly a grief skill.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

randale

Post by randale »

I don't have enticement in razor, I have discordance, so what will happen if I use the enticement skill?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

randale wrote:I don't have enticement in razor, I have discordance, so what will happen if I use the enticement skill?
It'll be treated as Enticement.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.