100 Healing
100 Magic Resist
70 Hiding
30 Magery

100 str
100 dex
25 str

Recommendations:

* I would use either fencing or swordsmanship. Parry is optional for either builds. It really depends on your playing style and the purpose of that char. Parry is good if you want your PvM char to be able to fend off another warrior in PvP.

** If you want magic resist you can drop archery or parry depending on your play style.

This type of build works very well for a new beginner because it is very cheap in building up your first character.

I always macro my stats up first and then I macro anatomy up to the 90's.

You can gather cotton or wool for bandages by using a loom/spinning wheel.

I recommend starting with healing and resist. Or archery and healing if you don't want resist.

Starting your first PvM warrior:

Collect enough cotton to sell for gold to train in tactics, fighting skill and parry. Put aside archery for now, that will be the last skill you work.

I would macro hiding to 70 early on before you decide to farm gold and gain skill. It will help you evade encounters with PK's who like to recall into hunting grounds. Once you hunted and gotten some extra gold you can train magery. The cost is 300ish gp and you will get 30.9 magery skill. This will allow you to recall with a scroll. This will be very important later in being able to escape from PK's while you're farming gold. You can even cast magic reflection and other lower level spells with a scroll fairly easy.

Adventuring for Gold and Skill Gain:

Start off killing undead monsters at various graveyards from 25-45 skill level. Keep bandages with you to gain healing. I recommend the one graveyards south of yew, the cemetery in grave Jhelom, graveyard south the town of Moonglow or the one outside of Vesper. Don't use the Brit graveyard, pk's hit up that one a lot.

Once you reached 45-50 skill level in your fighting skills move onto an Orc fort i.e. South of Yew or South of Cove and work your skill up to 65-70ish. At this point you can go to the dungeon Shame and fight Earth elementals until you grandmaster your skills. If your healing isn't at least 65-70 I don't recommend going to Shame because of the scorpions. Bring some greater cure potions just in case. This is a good place to gain healing.

Healing and Parry:

Another way to get healing up and GM parry is to set up a self-heal macro and have 3 to 4 deers attacking you, it is important to tab out so you don't kill the deer. You can add more deer as your healing and parry increases. I would wait until you have 75 healing to have more than four deer hitting you.

You can gm healing by setting up a heal macro on a ghost at 79-80 healing skill level. Just use a dead char from your 2nd or 3rd account.

Archery

To GM archery you need about 6k of arrows I think, if I remember correctly. I trained on a fighter in our patio house. I was healing the hired fighter and so was my brother. He was working on his healing skill. I already had Gm'ed my healing. You definitely need two healers, one has to be GM and with at lest 70 healing. In the future, you can use this method for GMing any fighting skill.

You can gather feathers by killing harpies in the dungeon Covetous and cutting their corpses with a dagger. If you create a lumberjack/bowcrafter, gathering wood with a UO razor macro is pretty painless.

A few notes:

*** I don't use Magic Resist because I tend rely on magic armor and silver or power/vanq weapons to make up for my lack of defense. I don't PvP on this char and he isn't designed to take a lot of magic spell damage, although he is good against other warriors in pvp because I have parry.

I can kill blood and poison elementals on this warrior template fairly easy with power or vanq bows or x-bows by getting them caught on the stalagmite formations in the dungeons.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Taggart

Re: PvM Warrior

Post by Taggart »

Thanks for the template Drfaustus! I want to use it myself but I have some questions. I realize this was posted a long time ago so I'm not guaranteed a response.
My first question is why is swordsmanship or fencing better than macefighting? I'm not familiar with the different skills other than maces damage armor and drain stam.

What kind armor should your first template be wearing? A 'dexxer' set or plate or some other set? Is there a particular melee weapon you prefer?

Is trying to melee more difficult monsters a waste of time? I figured most really difficult creatures hit too hard for a melee warrior so I'd have to stick to archery.

What kind of magic armor should I look for if I'm skipping magic resist?

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Taggart wrote:My first question is why is swordsmanship or fencing better than macefighting? I'm not familiar with the different skills other than maces damage armor and drain stam.
Macing is fine. It may not of been so great when this was first written but I've found that macing not only kills other players stamina but it does monsters also. This causes them to hit you back much slower.
What kind armor should your first template be wearing? A 'dexxer' set or plate or some other set? Is there a particular melee weapon you prefer?
I've found full heavy armor to be over-kill. A typical dexxer suit will do just fine.
Is trying to melee more difficult monsters a waste of time? I figured most really difficult creatures hit too hard for a melee warrior so I'd have to stick to archery.
Archery took a pretty big nerf recently. I'm not sure on the specifics (happened during my break) but you're better off sticking with 1 melee skill + either parry or resist (or both).
What kind of magic armor should I look for if I'm skipping magic resist?
Magic armor won't help you when it comes to resisting magical attacks, only physical. That said, anything hardening/fortification/invulnerability will give a better AR value than just GM made.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'm no Doc Faustus, but armor damage and stam drain really don't have as much of an impact on PvM as it does on PvP, thus it is recomended to go with Swds / Fencing (which you can poison).

A magic dexxer suit will provide enough AR to go toe to toe with some decent foes (deamons, LL's, etc.), if you intend to go up vs. monsters with heavier melee dmg (Ogre Lords, Balrons, etc.) magic plate is the only way. I use swds on my warrior, and I use katanas, broadswords and cutlasses as my weapons of choice, since I also use parry.

If you're properly equipped you can do sufficiently good meleeing vs. foes like LL's and even Deamons, anything above that is not ideal (IMHO).

Armor really has no incidence on reducing dmg from spells, magic armor only provides more AR and/or durability. Keep Invulnerability, Fortification and even Hardening, Guarding and Defense are inferior to GM made armor which you can readily buy in many player run vendors. You can just sell guarding and defense items, or smelt them for ingots.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Taggart

Post by Taggart »

Thanks for the answers guys. I think I'll be following his second template with macing instead of sword fighting and parrying instead of archery. I've never used archery before so I have no idea how good it is but I'll definitely take Arkon's word for it

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You can melee Balrons with enough armor, and parrying can help there. Ancient Wyrms are much tougher, due to their poison claws and unblockable 50-pt fireballs (at full health).

I don't think you can damage the armor of a monster, since it has a base AR. You don't actually lower the AR of player armor with maces, you deal damage to its HP total, which in turn makes it less effective. As far as I know, monster AR doesn't have HPs.

I think you're better off with the damage-per-second of the fencing weapons, or the range of options of swords (namely, halberd, which is pretty sick against high-armor monsters when swung with 100 stamina). Macing stamina damage wouldn't be a factor except in the super-high-end battles.