1vs1 this wendsday! Largest payout in prizes ever! 10pm est

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Valyr

1vs1 this wendsday! Largest payout in prizes ever! 10pm est

Post by Valyr »

Thats right. This wendsday at 10pm est Lazarith and I (Tetra), with the help of Derrick, will be hosting a 1vs1 tourny.

Rules: No pets. Thats it. Well that and 1 on 1 ofcourse. Cant beleive it if that was actually neccessary to state. But just incase.

Prizes: Winner takes all. Current prize payout valued at over 250k and raising :).

So come one, come all and may the blood flow freely :).

aXe

Re: 1vs1 this wendsday! Largest payout in prizes ever! 10pm est

Post by aXe »

Rules???
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

There are no rules except it's 1 on 1. Also i wouldn't do anything that might flag everyone in the room to you such as EQ. Also no pets.

This is a No looting event.
Attachments
GuardianKnight_10-28_20.25.jpg
GuardianKnight_10-28_20.25.jpg (146.01 KiB) Viewed 6982 times
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

virtue

Post by virtue »

Okay, the tourney is almost over.

Here's my critical reviews of how this event was run:

1. The event host Repunzel has an IQ of 30 and doesn't know how to speak without caps. Turn off caps please, everyone can hear you fine.
2. He says FUCKING every 2 seconds.

If you're going to run an event, please learn to speak English intelligibly and stop cursing everyone out every 2 seconds for accidentally attacking someone next to them.

Seriously, also a lot of other people spoke in caps. SHUT UP, stop using caps.

*sighs*.

There was a lot of bitching but that's always a given with rules like this, the rules were fine accept that someone who was friended was using detect. So that right there broke the rules that there are no rules.

Next time you run a no rules tourney don't use detect...and next time you run an event don't speak in capslock like a retard. And please make it clear to what starts a match.

There was literally 3 fights where you counted down, then made a wall, and counted down again. Or you just counted down. Please explain the rules beforehand.

Thank you for trying to host an event, but you need to be more prepared next time. 8)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Sorry we had so many problems....we tried to put bandages on everything but it was like a political rally there. Everytime we got rid of a trouble maker, another one popped up like it was timed.

As for the auto detect thing, there were a few people there that were afraid they were gonna lose their weapons and almost begged us to have someone detect. There's no way we could have known that people prefer to use invisible items. I rarely see it myself so i couldn't have known.

We were thief proofing teh place and you know....it worked until it stopped. People started losing weapons left and right after it was turned off.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Faust

Post by Faust »

Future proposals...

- Lock front door(it may have been but I have no idea for sure). This way you can use detect hidden before the tournament starts. If you think someone is a suspected thief by negative karma tell them to publicly display their characters or they can simply leave.
- No allowing other people to gate, wall, fields, etc... unless they're in the match. This allowed massive amount of griefing to take place.
- Try to be consistent with starting matches like mentioned above and don't be inside of the arena when a match starts.
- Make people be quiet when you need to speak such as stating who is fighting who, etc...

I'm sure other people can give numerous proposals too but that's all I can think of at the moment... I would personally suggest field rule tournies since a tournament isn't the field. There is a reason people formulate rules for tournaments to make them fair as possible for all participates. The on tonight simply made mages obsolete since all it took was a dexer to utilize magic reflect items equipped with a vanq weapon. No mage can win against something like that at all making well over half of the people participating leave.

Good luck with any future tournaments and I will probably participate in them as well even though this ruleset was very displeasing for me.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:excuse.
i still believe in you faust

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

this tournament was retarded.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

HI IM MIKE wrote:this tournament was retarded.
I liked your cast EV/Summon Daemon then hide strategy. Seemed to work well for you.

Oh, and your little temper tantrum at the end was cute too. The EQ at the end was a nice touch, douchebag.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

zzyzx wrote:
I liked your cast EV/Summon Daemon then hide strategy. Seemed to work well for you.

Oh, and your little temper tantrum at the end was cute too. The EQ at the end was a nice touch, douchebag.
Ya because when you're running an "anything goes" PvP tournament it's always good to have a detect macro looped to reveal anyone hiding/using invis items. Bloody brilliant.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

HI IM MIKE wrote:
zzyzx wrote:

Ya because when you're running an "anything goes" PvP tournament it's always good to have a detect macro looped to reveal anyone hiding/using invis items. Bloody brilliant.
State that you are going to use an item rarely used by anyone ahead of time and it coulda been solved. Getting angry and going blood rage on 20 people and their horses all by yourself doesn't solve anything and pretty well just alienates you to the point no one sympathizes.

Return to “Event Archives”