cA Lottery House of Wonders!

Browse previous major shard events here. For inclusion of your event in this archive, copious amounts of screenshots is desired.
Downs

cA Lottery House of Wonders!

Post by Downs »

title.jpg
title.jpg (102.38 KiB) Viewed 6643 times
What is it?

cA Lottery House of Wonders will be an invite only occasion where participants will have the chance at leet prizes!

How can I get invited?
step1.jpg
Invitations will be given out to those daring enough to risk their life opening one of our trapped boxes. cA associates will be dropping un-trapped boxes, along with our trapped boxes that we normally drop. If you wish to participate, you must open the box immediately & find the book with instructions inside. Follow the instructions & you get to play!

Please note, if you leave the area or telekinesis the box, you forfeit your chance to play.

OMG I found a winning box! What happens now?
step2.jpg
You'll end up at cA's Lottery House of Wonders, where you'll be presented with several locked down chests. You can open one and get to keep the contents inside. Beware that we are cA though, so several boxes will be trapped. If you pick a trapped box and die, you will be rezzed & allowed to take back 1 item that you were carrying. The rest goes into a prize box for future contestants.

Being that this is posted in the forums, you're safe knowing that we aren't scamming, and some chests will indeed be un-trapped with leet loot inside. There will be some nice weapons, armor, potions, and a house deed up for grabs, as well as whatever else ends up in the prize chests!

This event will run until we run out of loot/interest in it. Screenshots of contestants will be posted here.

To start with, there will be a 50% chance of getting a winning chest. This will likely be adjusted in the future, and the boxes and contents will be shuffled after each contestant.
Last edited by Downs on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Volo

Re: cA Lottery House of Wonders!

Post by Volo »

When and where are these boxes going to be placed are they all over or in a centralized location?
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I thought one was dropped yesterday...
I dun died... :(
But I was able to get some information because of it 8)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I love how he says hes not scamming but his signature says ". . . I can never trust another cA tale . . ."
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Kabal wrote:I love how he says hes not scamming but his signature says ". . . I can never trust another cA tale . . ."
That's because we said he MSed us in Operation: Red Hemperor when really he EQed us. We're such liars.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Downs

Post by Downs »

Pristiq wrote:
Kabal wrote:I love how he says hes not scamming but his signature says ". . . I can never trust another cA tale . . ."
That's because we said he MSed us in Operation: Red Hemperor when really he EQed us. We're such liars.
That's the reason for that, just thought it was a funny quote.

Event starts Monday. Still have to finish setting up. Boxes will be dropped all over. Dungeons, towns, wherever we feel like being.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Invitations begin today. That suspicious looking box you found on the dead monster could be your key to a new small house deed!

Volo

Post by Volo »

I can't wait to wander around and see people exploding everywhere.
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Just because I got money, bored and dont really play anymore Ill donate a boat to the cause! Ill get ahold of a cA member later via IRC.

BTW, there shouldnt be actual loot in the house boxes, make a master box or master room with loot in it and in each lottery house box should have a book naming what loot you just won, then the cA member goes to the room/box and grabs the loot for the winner, this way people cant just click a box to see the number or items/weight and choose that way. This way its pure randomness on the box picking.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Phallax wrote:Just because I got money, bored and dont really play anymore Ill donate a boat to the cause! Ill get ahold of a cA member later via IRC.

BTW, there shouldnt be actual loot in the house boxes, make a master box or master room with loot in it and in each lottery house box should have a book naming what loot you just won, then the cA member goes to the room/box and grabs the loot for the winner, this way people cant just click a box to see the number or items/weight and choose that way. This way its pure randomness on the box picking.

donations are welcome and appreciated.

I'll consider that suggestion, but for the time being, item count and weight mean nothing, as I'm stuffing all boxes with junk, and winning boxes with a prize bag separate from the junk. Plus the inner turmoil participants experience over deciding whether the bigger box has more leet loot or if thats what we want them to think!

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

So theres actually 2 chances to die in this scheme?

that sounds not so sweet...

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Downs wrote:I'll consider that suggestion, but for the time being, item count and weight mean nothing, as I'm stuffing all boxes with junk, and winning boxes with a prize bag separate from the junk. Plus the inner turmoil participants experience over deciding whether the bigger box has more leet loot or if thats what we want them to think!
if you lock a chest with a key it will not display items or stones until it is unlocked

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

russian-roulette.jpg
russian-roulette.jpg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 6606 times
No put three bullets in not one and pull the trigger...if you live you win, and if you do you have the chance to do it again for the prize....doesnt that sound like fun?
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Didn't find 1 person willing to participate last night. We'll be out again today and tonight looking!

Downs

Post by Downs »

Biohazard wrote:So theres actually 2 chances to die in this scheme?

that sounds not so sweet...

If someone would open our box on any other day, they'd die anyways. This just gives them a chance to get out of it with some prizes. If you don't want to play, you don't have to.

The trammel events with no risk can be found here:
http://my.uosecondage.com/Events/Schedule