Gming Archery

mazda

Gming Archery

Post by mazda »

Hello

I have a character that I started on here that I played non stop for a couple days when I first came across this shard. His name is Perrin. I was just lumberjacking, bowcraft, archer. I was just playing to mess around. His Archery is like 67 and I was wondering what the best way to raise archery above is?

Should I box in a bladespirit using aetius to cast it and just have Perring shoot at it? Any ideas how many arrows that costs? Perrin is going to eventually end up my Stealth pvp Archer for use in group combat.

Thanks
Aetius/Gerald Ford/Bradley Dunlap

Zim

Re: Gming Archery

Post by Zim »

That is how I would do it, get some magery gains in the process.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I used monsters. I just wandered around K^A killing monsters and going on guild hunts. GMed Archery from 0, in the field.
I setup on a Blade Spirit once when another guild mate had a setup anyway. It was boring, so I left and went to kill stuff.

The gains are pretty consistent from 0-GM. The level of monster you're killing doesn't seem to make a difference.

We have arrows on the Ascalon vendor patio or seek out Omar|bojangles for bulk requests. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

blade spirit from 50-100 takes about 7.5k arrows roughly depending how many drop on the ground vs get on the non lootable bs. i will refrain from commenting on your template and leave that up your to guild :) and you to figure out. but as a archer melee build i will say you want Tactics/Anatomy/Archery at the least :) for full damage (first two skills ) and hit chance being archery skill it self 23.3 bows are the best and gm bows are kinda crap :( bowcraft is nice with lumberjacking for easy money making as a noob vendoring the bows to npc tough :)
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, squall (aka Lelouche) is right. You'll want Anatomy and Tactics for certain, to compliment Archery. It's going to be pretty useless without those other skills.
If it helps, I'll donate half a dozen exceptional bows and a thousand arrows or so to your cause. :)

All in all it took me about a month or so to GM it running around killing everything I saw with a bow. I set my guy up as an archer bot on my keep wall once too, auto-attacking any grey/red that came on screen. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

took me 2 gm bows from 50-100 last two times i have gmed archery just saying
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, I offered up half a dozen in case he opts to leave the house for field training and suffers some losses.
That and I've got a whole damn chest full.

I also GMed using two GM bows crafted by Chuck.
Est Sularus oth Mithas