Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Information on the latest Server Patches
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Patch 123 - Jan 28, 2010: O/C Guilds, Vendors, Houses, Misc

Post by DarkWing »

Derrick wrote: [*]Houses:
[*]House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.
[*]Opening a house sign will no longer refresh the house, the door must be opened for the house to be refreshed
Will the House Signs Say the House is Condemned?

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

DarkWing wrote:Will the House Signs Say the House is Condemned?
Yes, in addition to stating it's state of decay.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Faust wrote:Are you insinuating that there is no good features during the t2a era Gomer?
Why are you playing on a t2a shard if this is true?
dont put words in my mouth, im saying that nothing of substance in this patch is creating a more enjoyable experience. t2a accurate yeah, but not cool. im not looking to get any of these changes reversed, just stating my opinion.

Balanar

Post by Balanar »

Is there any increase on decay rate for condemned houses? Like a week instead of two or anything like that?

benny-

Post by benny- »

GomerPyle wrote:t2a accurate yeah, but not cool.
:roll:

Accuracy is always cool.

Whether or not you can see the bigger picture of it all, these changes are in fact great....Yea toting back an fourth some gold is a nuisance but it encourages merchant camping, thus activity...housing requiring owner to log in? Less housing being held up by people who don't even play here....freeing things up for people who actually do.

Yes maybe nuisances at first glance, but in the end, adds much to the shard. Great patch.
- Elisud

Faust

Post by Faust »

GomerPyle wrote:
Faust wrote:Are you insinuating that there is no good features during the t2a era Gomer?
dont put words in my mouth, im saying that nothing of substance in this patch is creating a more enjoyable experience. t2a accurate yeah, but not cool. im not looking to get any of these changes reversed, just stating my opinion.
I hardly think that I was putting words in your mouth since you did in fact say "bad with the bad" on a comment that stated "you have to take the bad with the good when replicating a t2a shard like this".

A patch that makes us closer to our ultimate goal of accuracy isn't bad, not one bit.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Faust wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:
I hardly think that I was putting words in your mouth since you did in fact say "bad with the bad" on a comment that stated "you have to take the bad with the good when replicating a t2a shard like this".

A patch that makes us closer to our ultimate goal of accuracy isn't bad, not one bit.

That is a matter of opinion and one I happen to disagree with. 100% accuracy will require the removal of events/trophys/point system and multi-clienting but that isn't likely to happen. So we are striving for accuracy but exceptions are made right? Why is such a hard line taken on accuracy when it comes to inconvenient features such as the ones found in this patch but its bent in favor of these events and the point system? How era accurate is it to see unique rares everywhere? How era accurate is it for people to own 30 pieces of property in this game?

I am all for accuracy but this just seems like a double standard. Shoot for as close to 100% accuracy as possible and don't make exceptions OR have reasonable discussion on sticky items like the vendor changes in today's patch that serve no purpose other than to make things more tedious.

I don't believe this encourages player interaction and I don't believe vendors are going to be camped more because of this. Why would vendor camping suddenly increase when most merchants wont be taking out more than 10k gold at a time when vendors could have been camped regularly for MUCH more valuable items like rares? Its because the chances of catching a player at that very moment when they take out the gold is unlikely to say the least. The chances of success go down even further when you take detect/reveal into account and the fear of being banned from a potentially good vendor. Its just not going to happen. Thus, this change serves no purpose other than to make things more tedious.

Anyway, my two cents. This is a fantastic.... I mean FANTASTIC shard. Derrick and the rest of the staff are unparalleled as far as I'm concerned... better than OSI staff could have ever hoped to be. This rant won't change anything and I know it but I just had to address the argument that this will encourage player interaction, an argument I find to be silly.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Balanar wrote:Is there any increase on decay rate for condemned houses? Like a week instead of two or anything like that?
Nay, the only effect is inability to refresh.
Shea wrote:I am all for accuracy but this just seems like a double standard. Shoot for as close to 100% accuracy as possible and don't make exceptions OR have reasonable discussion on sticky items like the vendor changes in today's patch that serve no purpose other than to make things more tedious.
This change gathered dust for a long time, much like the pack horse change. The real and only purpose of this is to approach the 100% mechanical accuracy goal. I know any discussion about accuracy can be turned into a discussion about events, that card is pulled often, and while I can't wholly discredit that card, it can literally be used (and virtually has been) for every accuracy change that's made, by whoever didn't like the change.

This is a patch note thread, and should not become a debate thread. The discussion forum is more appropriate for these conversations.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Events are more of a policy issue than a mechanic.

Event card trumped.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Derrick wrote: [*]Houses:
  • House will become condemned if owner has not logged in for 180 days, 30 days if account if banned.
Could someone point me to the thread/source of this change? And didn't you used to be able to refresh houses by double-clicking on the locked front door if you were in range (even if you didn't have the key to open it)?
Last edited by Silverfoot on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Awesome patch.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Silverfoot wrote: And didn't you used to be able to refresh houses by double-clicking on the locked front door if you were in range (even if you didn't have the key to open it)?
Yes, this should be fixed here.

I have found myself screwing this up to only have to go back for the key on numerous occassions.

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Is this a one time thing with the owner logging in? Like if the owner logs in now and refreshes, then doesnt log back in again...in 180 days his house will be condemed again?

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

So glad this patch is in so all the dumb asses with smalls house names named "LOL STOLE YOUR TOWER SPOT" will fall.

Already seeing some of them condemned, seriously screw inactive players that only refresh 30 houses they don't use.

Creager

Post by Creager »

What are the chances to successfully meditate? After this patch, I’m having a very difficult time successfully meditating (on a char with ~62 meditation).

I’m macroing magery. Every time the loop executes meditation, meditation fails: “You cannot focus your concentration.” On the other hand, I’m seeing some pretty decent meditation skill gains.

Is the chance to successfully meditate scaled based on mana percentage? Considering, I’m calling meditation when mana is <=10, I assume if the chance to successfully meditate was based on mana percentage I could change the condition and see more success… Could this be verified?

Thanks,
Jono | Carnous | Micro