Buying Ingots!

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Kilswar

Buying Ingots!

Post by Kilswar »

Will pay 6.5 in bulk. PM me here.

Thanks!

Lazarus

Re: Buying Ingots!

Post by Lazarus »

Doubt if you'll find them for less than 7gp. I just brought 17k for 7 per.

Kilswar

Post by Kilswar »

Well I have bought over 200k ingots from different people over the last 3 months, and never paid more than 6.5 for iron.

You can barely make money at 6.5, its more of a hobby/service as you make very little money as a blacksmith. To put it in perspective, I make more money killing a lich than I do selling a set of GM armor. I can kill 3 liches in the time it takes me to make, bag, and place armor on a vendor.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Kilswar, you have the vendor by the Yew Moongate right? Thats the only one I buy my armor at great prices and I do appreciate the service!
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Kilswar

Post by Kilswar »

Yes, 10 steps to the right of the Yew Moongate, inside on the right. Also have locations at the Cove and Vesper graveyards, and my main shop is outside of Cove.

Thanks!

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Kilswar wrote:Well I have bought over 200k ingots from different people over the last 3 months, and never paid more than 6.5 for iron.

You can barely make money at 6.5, its more of a hobby/service as you make very little money as a blacksmith. To put it in perspective, I make more money killing a lich than I do selling a set of GM armor. I can kill 3 liches in the time it takes me to make, bag, and place armor on a vendor.
Supply and demand. There's a lot more demand for ingots right now than there is supply.

You should start marking up the prices of armor if your'e not making money.

Kilswar

Post by Kilswar »

I would rather make less money and have good GM armor affordable to new players. Most of my shops are in spots new players are going to be. Vesper graveyard, Cove graveyard, Yew Moongate, etc.

After vendor fees, I make almost nothing on armor, but if I lose money I will quit doing it. I do not believe that will benefit anyone. Some of my vendors go days without selling anything at a cost of 1-2k in vendor fees. Thats an acceptable loss since other vendors (Yew Gate) make up for it. I want easy access for new players who can not recall around.

Another thing I have never done is AFK macro mine. I think it really screws up the economy of the shard.
Last edited by Kilswar on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

If I could learn how to setup a macro for mining, i'd do it. not AFK though. I just get sick of hitting last object macro, then clicking on the moutain and running around. I feel like I'm getting carpels.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Yea you can't macro mining but so much. Atleast I can't anyways. If there was an easy macro I'm sure you'd see cheaper ingot prices. I know personally I have about 5k ingots left and then I"m going back to mining.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Kilswar wrote:I would rather make less money and have good GM armor affordable to new players. Most of my shops are in spots new players are going to be. Vesper graveyard, Cove graveyard, Yew Moongate, etc.

After vendor fees, I make almost nothing on armor, but if I lose money I will quit doing it. I do not believe will benefit anyone. Some of my vendors go days without selling anything at a cost of 1-2k in vendor fees. Thats an acceptable loss since other vendors make decent money. I want easy access for new players who can not recall around.

Another thing I have never done is AFK macro mine. I think it really screws up the economy of the shard.
That's all fine and good but games like these utilize a purely free market system.

If you want to provide affordable armor then perhaps you should just go mine the ingots yourself?

Kilswar

Post by Kilswar »

Oswald wrote:
Kilswar wrote:I would rather make less money and have good GM armor affordable to new players. Most of my shops are in spots new players are going to be. Vesper graveyard, Cove graveyard, Yew Moongate, etc.

After vendor fees, I make almost nothing on armor, but if I lose money I will quit doing it. I do not believe will benefit anyone. Some of my vendors go days without selling anything at a cost of 1-2k in vendor fees. Thats an acceptable loss since other vendors make decent money. I want easy access for new players who can not recall around.

That's all fine and good but games like these utilize a purely free market system.

If you want to provide affordable armor then perhaps you should just go mine the ingots yourself?
Well, wanting to provide it and willing to mine it instead of having fun are two different things :) I have two GM miners, but I dont see me using them anytime in the near future. Like the above poster said, its not worth it for the sore wrist you have after 3 hours of mining.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Kilswar wrote:
Oswald wrote:

Well, wanting to provide it and willing to mine it instead of having fun are two different things :) I have two GM miners, but I dont see me using them anytime in the near future. Like the above poster said, its not worth it for the sore wrist you have after 3 hours of mining.
Sounds like you're in a tough spot then. There's really no solution - you don't want to mine yourself (for obv. reasons, can't blame you) but you don't want to pay the prices that demand dictates and you don't want to raise your prices to compensate on the finished product :)

In the US we would call you a 'failed business' lol :)

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I think you're missing the point where he does it as service, and also the point that he has bought over 200k already.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Karik Verlee wrote:I think you're missing the point where he does it as service, and also the point that he has bought over 200k already.
Looks like he'll be buying more at the market-set price or dealing with a shortage then! :)

Return to “Resources”