Vendors and shopping

Cado

Vendors and shopping

Post by Cado »

So, I've pretty much checked out most of the player vendors around Vesper. Some decent stuff. I'm wondering where I might go to find other player vendors that keep decently stocked.

How does one go about setting up their own vendor?

Pirul

Re: Vendors and shopping

Post by Pirul »

If you've already checked Vesper strip, and the BD vendor near Vesp grave yard, then I'd suggest taking a look at $$$ vendors in the southern tip of moonglow, and behind yew bank & around moongate. Just be careful for archer bots in yew mall. I know of other good places for specific things, t-maps, house add-ons, etc. If you're looking for anything specific lmk, because you will find them at eather of those locations, just not as cheap as somewhere else.

Setting up a vendor...wow, it's a job. First off, your house must be public. You go to a tavern to buy a contract (or service agreement), and then you place the vendor in your house. I believe having a vendor costs something around 200gps per day. That's the easy part. You gotta keep the vendor stocked, and pick up gold from him.

I have had the intention of setting up shop for a while now, but have never really gone through with it mainly because my crafter isn't finished, but also because the management of one to become reputable is kind of a pain.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

benny-

Post by benny- »

For good smithed goods near Vesper, I'd check Kilswar's new spot at Vesper gy. It's towards the back a bit by the SW corner.

The most popular vendor spot is def Yew moongate. While you can find about anything there, a lot of it is magics and rares. So you may have to look around a bit to find what you need. Also, $$$ vendors on Verity Isle (Moonglow island), located on the SW portion of the island have been pretty consistent in the past, tho it's been a while since I've been there...worth checking out tho.

As for owning your own. Theyre really not that bad to setup, so don't let Pirul scare you off, heh. A little bit of work to setup and some upkeep, but I've never found them to be too burdensome.

On a sidenote....my being partial to the Vesper area, I'd really like to get some vendors of our own to add a bit more to the area. If we can ever find the owners of the two neighboring smalls, I'd really like to setup a merchant house.
- Elisud

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Keep in mind, I'm not as organized and as dedicated as benny, so....

Yeah, my house is currently open, and will probably be going public once I GM Bourdrunk. I've so far spent more than 80k in resources for him, and thankfully have another 80k in line to buy some more.

I currently have a forge and anvil in the house, and plan on getting a loom, a spinning wheel and an oven for the guild crafters, and citizens of vesper to use.

I'll be able to do anvils and forges pretty soon, and that might be the start. You are both welcome to set up a vendor in my house once I do, I will set up one with most the lower magics / charge items and house add-ons pretty soon (might be as soon as next week). Once I GM (hopefully in the next couple of weeks), I plan on having GM smithed / carpentry and tinkering items. Might do some coloured armour and shields too.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14182

Has a great stock, keeps it stocked good prices.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

benny- wrote:On a sidenote....my being partial to the Vesper area, I'd really like to get some vendors of our own to add a bit more to the area. If we can ever find the owners of the two neighboring smalls, I'd really like to setup a merchant house.
I have the vesper sopt, with open spaces available, Let me know if your seriously interested and will keep up! I will gladly friend you!! :)
( any of you )