PvM and pvp Dexxers

Cado

PvM and pvp Dexxers

Post by Cado »

I'm interested to know whether or not it is viable to build a dexxer that is mainly for pvm. Here's what I have in mind:

GM the following: weapon (prolly swords), tactics, anatomy, healing, resists, magery, parry.

Then I would load up on invuln plate armor for highest AR possible. I know for pvp this isn't particularly desireable due to dex penalties, but for pvm I'm thinking this could be an awesome tank. My intent would be to gather the aggro, self-heal with bandages and pots, and then let you mage types knock em down. The plate and parry would mean more survivability in the line of fire...it's fun playing tanks :-) I'm thinking this might work for all those t-maps we do with large number of mobs and where we don't run into many pk'ers. If we do run into pker's my thoughts are that this would still be a high survivability build against pk dexxers and could still harass pk tank/mages. Also, it just occurred to me that there may be a way to set a macro to dress/undress plate into more dex friendly gear...just a thought.

For pvp I'm thinking the following

GM: Swords or Mace, tactics, anatomy, healing, resist, 70 magery, 80 hiding, 50 Tracking

This is my rationale based on current understandings (please correct where necessary):
- 70 magery would allow 100% recall, some decent heals and utilities
-80 hiding allows for 95% hiding chances
-Tracking is to find those criminals!
-I'm attracted to swords because of the variety of them and well...because they're just cool, but it seems that the extra wear on armor that maces provide could be useful...not sure.
It seems like it could be a fun anti-pk build

Lazarus

Re: PvM and pvp Dexxers

Post by Lazarus »

I GM'd swords but switched to fencing.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I think your first one is a pretty decent PvP build. That's exactly what mine will look like once finished. 8)
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Cado

Post by Cado »

The only problem with the first build for pvp is that I'm not convinced yet that parry mitigates damage more than heal pots would given the delay in using pots with a shield. Also, hiding comes in soooooo very handy I've learned for most builds but particularly for pvp :-)

Right now I'm thinking more tank build with heavy armor and shield for hunting trips and t-maps and a dps/dexxer pk hunter for pvp. I know on this shard they shouldn't be geared mainly toward pvm or pve primarily as you end up doing both, yet my hope is that both builds would be flexible enough to hold their own in any situation, while focusing on pvm or pvp.

I do enjoy the warrior playstyle...love rushing headlong into battle!