Ideal Dexxer Suit

Pirul

Ideal Dexxer Suit

Post by Pirul »

I was just wondering for my smithing experiment, what you guys thought was the ultimate dexxer suit?

I think:

Closed Helm
Plate Gorg
Chain Tunic
Ring Arms
Ring Gloves
Chain Legs

Are plate arms or gloves more efficient AR vs. dexterity wise?
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Cado

Re: Ideal Dexxer Suit

Post by Cado »

For the purposes of your test, that set would work great imho, especially in terms of GM crafted gear. I think that is what a great many dexxers wear, including myself (though I like to get fancy sometimes with the plate... but that's a personal issue lol).

benny-

Re: Ideal Dexxer Suit

Post by benny- »

Yeah that is the standard armor...known as a dexxer set. During the T2A era this was also known as a light archer set.

The heavy archer set consisting of close helm, chainmail tunic, chainmail leggings, plate gorget, plate arms, plate gloves.

I'd suggest the heavy archer set for anyone wanting to go more of a tank build (full plate is just too much dex loss imo).

My personal preference is the light archer set with a studded gorget in place of the plate gorget. 0 dex loss as opposed to -1 for only 1 AR less. A small change, but I prefer as much dex as possible. Only reason it hasn't caught on imo is the need for tailoring. Tailoring is probably the least used of the crafting skills and considering smiths can make the plate gorget, it's simply easier to make a suit with a -1 dex penalty. But still...I'd love to find a vendor that stocks these.
- Elisud