Resist Session (5/21 10pm Est.)

benny-

Re: Resist Session

Post by benny- »

Update!

Resist Session will be tomorrow night (Friday) 10 pm Est. time.....be there!
- Elisud

Alebrije

Re: Resist Session (5/21 10pm Est.)

Post by Alebrije »

Hi all! Sign me up as caster...I'll bring some regs too!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Anyone know how today's patch will affect our session tonight? We'll probably need more casters to make a bit more damage. Maybe we should test it before letting it go all night long.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I'm sure many people will be interested in your results. It seems likely that resist sessions are now useless, which is poor timing for you guys. Let everyone know please if you could be so kind. Thanks.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

benny-

Post by benny- »

As mentioned above, a patch went through this morning that will reduce the chances of gaining Resisting Spells when being struck by smaller amounts of damage (which is the exact approach of a resist session).

This couldn't be worse timing, as we'd been working all week to gather regs and the patch went through the morning of our session.

So everyone thank Derrick for the ninja patch!

Heh, jk...in reality, this appears to be a very good patch and I completely support it. Truth is, in the era Resist was one of the hardest skills to raise...it is only due to multiclienting, afk macroing, and apparently, inaccurate game mechanics that every character on SecondAge has gm Resist (something almost legendary to have during the era). So I personally will be glad to see it again as one of the hardest pvp skills to raise (as it should be!)

This is indeed unfortunate and purely bad timing for us. However, considering the work we've already put into the session it only makes sense to continue on with it and see what happens.

We should have a modest group of targets meaning each will still be taking some damage, so we may yet still get some decent gains off of this even if that means we'll have to up our healing a bit, if not...our efforts will serve as some testing to determine the effectiveness of resist sessions from this point on and the effectiveness of this recent patch.

Tonight...10 pm Est....let's see what happens! :wink:
- Elisud

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Alright, see you all tonight.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Girl

Post by Girl »

Started out with 35.1. Went to bed at around 2:00 Pacific time with it at like... I think it was 76. Woke up at 11:00 today and I had lost connection, but it was at 83.6. So yay!

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

It still seemed worthwhile to me, though I don't know how effective these sessions usually are. My characters started at 50 and 52, and ended up around 85. However, considering Magda's lower starting point and similar ending point, the gains without significant damage probably started slowing significantly in the 80s.

Cado

Post by Cado »

started at 66.3...went to 75.8 and stayed there a very long time until i finally went ld after going to bed.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

How many participants did you guys have receiving damage?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

benny-

Post by benny- »

Started with 12...ended up with 10 (after two deaths from faulty healing).

All an all it was a great success....I think our targets taking more damage from having a more modest group contributed to the decent gains.
- Elisud