PVP Training Session (Thurs., June 17th)

Atraxi

Re: Basic Field Tactics...PVP Training Session

Post by Atraxi »

I showed up late and left early. Sorry about that btw. I didn't mean to be rude. When I learned pk's had found my house and were staking it out, it's all I could think about.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

Wow, it appears the most interesting stuff occurred after I left.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You where there for the two big ones. The mage sneak-up, and the general battle. Then we held a 4 on 3 and a 4 on 2 (or was it two 4 on 2, can't remember), the 2 being Orphik and Mal, and taking us down once. Then you missed the headliner!! 1 v 1, Mal and me. Great fun!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

benny-

Post by benny- »

Now that we are all PVP Masters we should try to get a good group together for a hunt tonight! I'll be on about 11 pm est. Let's go somewhere risky! :D
- Elisud

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I should be able to jump in tonight. See you then.

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

You died 3 times on Monday; doesn't that satisfy your suicidal urges for at least a while?

Pirul: I was mostly talking about this:
Scabs ragequitting and attacking members...
What happened there?

Also, I talked with Mal and Orphik last night about turning Mazus from a tamer/mage to a hally mage. Taming just seems too tiresome with too little reward from such a big PvP shard (yeah, it took me until GM lore and 88.5 taming to see that, shut up); I can still gain money just as well as I have been with EVs; and it wouldn't be that big of a change (dropping taming, lore, vet for swords, tactics, wrestling) -- making it a lot quicker, cheaper, and more likely for me to do right now than starting from scratch.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Also, I talked with Mal and Orphik last night about turning Mazus from a tamer/mage to a hally mage. Taming just seems too tiresome with too little reward from such a big PvP shard (yeah, it took me until GM lore and 88.5 taming to see that, shut up); I can still gain money just as well as I have been with EVs; and it wouldn't be that big of a change (dropping taming, lore, vet for swords, tactics, wrestling) -- making it a lot quicker, cheaper, and more likely for me to do right now than starting from scratch.
Hey there, do whatever you feel. Mages can certainly make okay money. Buying EV and daemon scrolls is your best bet, farming liches with silver swords and hallies works well too. A lich dies in 1 e bolt + silver hally hit or 2 silver sword hits.

So yea, don't worry about money being an issue but also don't worry about pvp. Play the character you want to play. Whether it be a tank mage, an animal tamer, a warrior. It's important to play what you are most comfortable being.

However if you choose to be a tank mage know that it's very possible to learn and master if you give in the effort and keep a positive attitude.

Also, tamers aren't bad at pvp but the issue arises if you plan on fighting harder mobs such as balrons and ancient wyrms without veterinary(some tamers just fight elder gazers for instance and don't have to have Vet). You will be lacking either wrestling or magic resist because of that skill.

Keep that in mind when choosing!
Last edited by Psilo on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Astinus wrote:You died 3 times on Monday; in a span of three minutes.

Fixed! :oops:
Astinus wrote:Pirul: I was mostly talking about this:
Scabs ragequitting and attacking members...
What happened there?
Ah, lost scabs after some deamons were summoned. He was not happy about it and quit the guild. Came back, attacked some of us but nothing came of it. Just more PvP practice. I wasn't on much longer, but as I understand it, he was the only one who died after that.
Astinus wrote:Also, I talked with Mal and Orphik last night about turning Mazus from a tamer/mage to a hally mage. Taming just seems too tiresome with too little reward from such a big PvP shard (yeah, it took me until GM lore and 88.5 taming to see that, shut up); I can still gain money just as well as I have been with EVs; and it wouldn't be that big of a change (dropping taming, lore, vet for swords, tactics, wrestling) -- making it a lot quicker, cheaper, and more likely for me to do right now than starting from scratch.
As Psilo said, go with what you'll have more fun with. Enjoy the game. If you enjoy playing a tamer, FTW, go that way. If you prefer going the hally mage route, that also a very cool build. In that case, then keep the hallies and Bardy you offered me. You'll need them more. I'll still take the Cutlass and Broad.

Girl

Post by Girl »

You guys are weird. Hehe

I had fun other than realizing how bad my lag issues are. By the time I caught up to the rest of the mages, people were already dying!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Girl wrote:You guys are weird. Hehe

I had fun other than realizing how bad my lag issues are. By the time I caught up to the rest of the mages, people were already dying!
What was weird lol, I didn't expect random killing that night but it happens in UO lol. Sometimes a warrior goes into fits of bloodlust and what have you!

Someone even got res killed if I remember! That made me lol.

Here is what can happen after some good training and positive attitude. All 3 of those guys had basically no pvp experience and after some time they learned because they stuck with it. They dueled and lost many times before we were able to take down top statloss pks. There's another screenshot somewhere I have of his red char who lost a mare and took statloss as well. Had teleport rings...reflect. We still succeeded and vanquished these murderers!
Attachments
killpk.jpg
killpk.jpg (80.41 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
Last edited by Psilo on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

You aren't the only one who had lag issues. My lag was really bad. I was tryin to catch people who were outrunning me because of the lag.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Psilo wrote:What was weird lol, I didn't expect random killing that night but it happens in UO lol. Sometimes a warrior goes into fits of bloodlust and what have you!

Someone even got res killed if I remember! That made me lol.
I didn't see "random" killing, other that the first fight (mages v dexxers), where explos and e-bolts started flying, but at the end it was a "clean" fight.

I think there was a res kill. I wasn't involved (wasn't victim, resser, or res killer) but, hey, people were ressing and coming back into battle.

I know the first barrage of explos and e-bolts targeted scabs on the mages v dexxers brawl when nobody was prepared. If he was also the guy who got res killed, then yeah, kind of gets boring.

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

I was the one who got res killed, and it was by someone I didn't know. It was mildly annoying, because I had been alive for maybe 15 seconds, and was just standing by my corpse in a death robe. The person even attacked me, seemingly realized I was just ressed and not fighting by turning away from me, then came back and killed me anyway.

Otherwise, it was all in good fun. Random attacks and deaths are a part of a fun guild, though I do think res killing goes well above and beyond that (which is why I understood benny's frustration, and I'm certain no mages would've attacked him had we all been aware of his immediately preceding deaths).
Pirul wrote:Ah, lost scabs after some deamons were summoned. He was not happy about it and quit the guild. Came back, attacked some of us but nothing came of it. Just more PvP practice. I wasn't on much longer, but as I understand it, he was the only one who died after that.
That's unfortunate. I thought the daemon summoning was funny (which is why I didn't dispel immediately, despite Scabs being on my team), though admittedly Mal or whoever stepping in to add a few EBs on him was probably overkill. Some intervention was warranted because our team was killing you guys (3 deaths to 0 in the first 5 minutes).

Girl

Post by Girl »

When you see a low health bar, you attack, dammit! I ain't got no time to check out your outfit!

Astinus

Post by Astinus »

I know it wasn't you. In case your memory is getting addled in your old age, I was the one to kill you (with help from Cattie and Jnana), and by then it was past your elderly bedtime.