New adventurer seeking adventuring group

rs1n

New adventurer seeking adventuring group

Post by rs1n »

Hello everyone,

I recently started UO again having played it back in 1999 (I think it was around that time; I only remember it was during the time when I was still in college) and am now getting back into the game. A lot has changed, and I have forgotten many details to the game. However, one thing I will never forget is how fun it is to go adventuring with a small group. I spend most of my time between Britain and Vesper on my archer/mage character named Boogers. I have had help from a number of you via free gate portals to/from cities and marking runes. (Many thanks, by the way)

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to join. Back in the day, I also had an archer/mage and had only just gotten the basics of PvP (to defend myself against the reds), but I eventually quit partly do to always getting teamed up by reds (real life and school was the other issue). I would like to find an adventuring group and a couple of folks on the server mentioned you guys. As of late, I play as much as I can (about every other day, and will be able to continue to do so during summer). However, I may have to be on hiatus (or limit myself to weekends) once summer is over. So if this does not pose as a problem, I would like a chance to hang out with you guys.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: New adventurer seeking adventuring group

Post by Huzke »

Hey Boogers, I've seen you around Vesper, welcome to UOSA!

Best thing to do is hang out in our irc channel, #C^V, and get to know us through chatting and joining us on hunts.

Looking forward to seeing you out there.

rs1n

Post by rs1n »

Well, I don't really do much in the way of IRC chat (mostly just lurking). Is there an easy way to hop onto IRC without having to download some sort of client?

Look forward to adventuring with you guys. (BTW, is your in-game name Huzke as well?)

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Yes, you can use this web based chat module that the server provides. http://www.uosecondage.com/Chat

In game I'm usually playing as Huzke Truthseekr or Nightshade.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Hey Boogers, saw you running around Vesper last night. Yeah, as Huzke said, easiest way to get a hold of us is using the link posted above and type "/join #C^V", or just wandering around New Windmere.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

rs1n

Post by rs1n »

Just wanted to say that was a lot of fun hanging out with so many friendly gamers last night. Thanks again for the invite! Looking forward for more opportunities (I'll check the IRC channels anytime I have long playing time blocks =)

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Sounds good, best way to get to hang out with us is by being in irc when we set up hunts.

rs1n

Post by rs1n »

Just wanted to thank C^V again for the help you guys have given me both in terms of tips and adventures in which I got to tag along. The gil you guys helped me with enabled me to get my magery high enough to get into Wind. From there, I was able to solo enough to get magery to a decent level (currently 80.7) and can do some decent damage.

It also happened that somehow I managed to reach Glorious Lord even though my best skill was (at that time) only in the 80's. A few folks got a good kick out of seeing a Glorious Lord Boogers, Adept Scholar title. So for those looking to reach high fame/karma, Wind is a good place to go for soloing until people show up to go do group activities.

See you guys at the next outing! =)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Boogers!! Congrats on the Lord title!! I'm glad you're having fun playing the game. Always cool to have you around.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Ender

Post by Ender »

So I'm a little late to this party, but I happened to notice you said "gil" in that last post of yours Boogers. Did you previously adventure in a little place called Vana'diel?

rs1n

Post by rs1n »

Indeed, under the same name, too. I had a Tarutaru main character on Hades back in the day =)