My response to events at our Session

Cattie B

My response to events at our Session

Post by Cattie B »

So last night, with a few donations, I hosted ( and mostly funded) a ressist session. Out of the kindness of my heart I invited people whom I considered "Allies" to C^V.
Only to be slapped in the face! Many of C^V members complained to me the last 2 days that thier belongings were missing.
Lockers where provided, some people trusted my judgment that those things would be kept safe, and now I feel like I let them down.
C^V, IL and DG were the only ones sent an invite. We were the only ones that attended.
Due to the lack of respect (prob of one single asshole) I was shown, and my guildmates and friends were shown, I will NO longer host events such as this.

I am deeply offended. Sad lesson to learn , and alot of people will suffer from ones actions. If the guilty party is reading this, I hope your satisified.

Cattie Counsel of C^V

Adunaphel

Re: My response to events at our Session

Post by Adunaphel »

Cattie, I don't know the details here, but is it possible that the items decayed in their corpses? I know that there were at least two macro snafu's that resulted in mass dying. The first one was around oneish, and the second some time after 3 am eastern. I doubt many people were actually awake for the second mass die-off, so there wouldn't have been anyone to loot them before server down.

If someone actualy did make off with all of it, that's pretty shitty. My experience with all the guilds involved has been overwhelmingly positive, and it's depressing that a few (or one) bad egg may ruin the bunch.

faber

Post by faber »

Adun, I believe what Cattie is referring to is people taking items from chests. People, myself included, left items in these chests in case any snafus occurred during the evening's macro session.

I'm sorry to hear this took place, I had no idea this happened.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It is a damn shame. I was stolen my normal carrying regs, and to loose these priviledges over such a petty amount is just plain stupid.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Alebrije

Post by Alebrije »

Wow, never ceases to amaze me how low people can go. And this is just a game, imagine them in RL!!!

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

I didn't mention anything but the session before this one my magic locked chest with my regs, runes, ev scrolls, etc was taken out of the chest I placed them in. I had a book both inside of and next to the chest saying that they belonged to Nightshade. In the morning I had to gate myself off Dagger Isle with my bard.

I figured it was a fluke accident but now this...idk...

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

I had 2 characters there. I had Atraxi casting, and Davros Skaro healing. I put all belongings from both characters into the provided lockers. All regs from both characters were stolen.

You know, Pirul suggested we remove everyone not guilded from the friends list, worried this might happen. I told him I didn't want to do that because I didn't want people to get disconnected and end up booted out of the castle so close to TG turf, plus everyone's mounts were in the castle.

Now I wish we had. I wish we had had everyone booted from the house without their mounts. If we ever host one of these again, that will happen. No one NOT guilded will NOT be friended to the house. If you lose conn, tough shit. If you forget to get your mount before server restart, tough shit.

You can thank the shitstache from last night for fuckin that up for everyone.

I wish we had some way of knowing who it was.

Was it worth it?

EDIT: I think it's safe to assume the castle isn't secure, at this point.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

:'(

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

Wow so you had stuff actually stolen from the lockers and from your persons. Later tonight I'll clear all unguilded people from the List. Also I don't think anyone could get into the CY correct?
Anyway in PMs I said that the dead horse and dead ostard were my fault, so sorry about that.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

I agree with not friending anyone from this this day forward, that is a terrible mess, wish I knew who the culprit was.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

xevec wrote:Also I don't think anyone could get into the CY correct?
Yes, they could have. I showed Cattie, from the South bridge over the CY (which anyone at the session had access to), you can tele into the CY. After stealing everyone's regs, they had plenty for a Teleport followed by a Mark.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

rs1n

Post by rs1n »

Did they also steal the reagents used to cast MS? I was there checking upon the mounts and anyone who logged in dead. When I checked the MS reagents, there were still some left (maybe 2k-ish of each?). I did not check lockers or anything else. This was around 8am EST or so (for sure after the server reboot).

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

That's a shame to see...especially when you were going out of your way to help people. I know how crazy and hectic it gets trying to get those kind of events to run smoothly. If you need help replacing anything, let me know.

-L/S

P.S. If you find out who it was, let me know...I'm sure I can help them enjoy the rest of their UOSA stay. ;)
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Atraxi wrote: I wish we had had everyone booted from the house without their mounts. If we ever host one of these again, that will happen. No one NOT guilded will NOT be friended to the house. If you lose conn, tough shit. If you forget to get your mount before server restart, tough shit.
More than likely it was a guildie who made off with all the regs. Someone came in, got all excited and greed took over.

The basic rules for resist sessions are usually:

1 Arrive nude so theres no loss if you die
2 Dont bring more than you think you will need for the session (whether bandages or regs)
3 Physically isolate the casters with reg stocks from the resisters
4 Expect to die or be griefed and have a countermeasure
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter