[Poll] Should Longterm Counts be Added?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

How should murder counts be handled?

Leave all murder counts at 8 hours.
27%
Apply longterm murder counts to the original 40 hrs.
67%
Apply longterm murder counts, but not as high as 40.
6%

Total votes: 83

BlacKnight

Re: [Poll] Should Longterm Counts be Added?

Post by BlacKnight »

would like to see this implemented...

i have had alts killed by Deacon and Sui Juris over and over, they are always blue...

It makes no sense that I have to wait for them to attack me to attack back. How do I win a fight when we both have magic reflect up and they can take mine down and (since they still have it up when they go grey) can cast para or explode combo in as much time as I can take down reflect on them.

Last comment was by GM made Dec 2007, would like to know if this is in the works.

I love PK'S, and i'm not mad at deacon or Juris, because honestly it sucks that they are the only ones to attack me (well, Malice has done well recently), but It would be nice if they were red when they came in so I didnt see the Glorious Lord Deacon and think, "oh I'm sure he isnt a PK..."

Europa 1998-2002
BlacKnight (Knight of Justice, KoV)
Second hand in the Knights of Virtue

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

benny- wrote:Thanks Derrick...glad to see a shard with staff that will actually hear out their players' ideas...I'm really not used to it =P Anywho, thanks again!
Seconded.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

BlacKnight wrote:would like to see this implemented...

i have had alts killed by Deacon and Sui Juris over and over, they are always blue...

It makes no sense that I have to wait for them to attack me to attack back. How do I win a fight when we both have magic reflect up and they can take mine down and (since they still have it up when they go grey) can cast para or explode combo in as much time as I can take down reflect on them.

Last comment was by GM made Dec 2007, would like to know if this is in the works.

I love PK'S, and i'm not mad at deacon or Juris, because honestly it sucks that they are the only ones to attack me (well, Malice has done well recently), but It would be nice if they were red when they came in so I didnt see the Glorious Lord Deacon and think, "oh I'm sure he isnt a PK..."
Err Deacon has over 60 murder counts, he won't be going blue for a long time. I never attacked people blue unless it was right after I hit Lord before turning perma-red again.

Fryguy|M|

Post by Fryguy|M| »

I'm not sure of the mechanics, but I thought there was a point when your counts got so high that you wouldn't take a stat loss.

Sivrik

Post by Sivrik »

BlacKnight wrote:would like to see this implemented...

I hate it when people make such misinformed remarks :/
Clyde: if ur better than me u cheat..straight up

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

If it wasn't in T2a it shouldn't be there :wink:

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

Sauron wrote:If it wasn't in T2a it shouldn't be there :wink:
it was, which is why its being considered. :wink:

Zim

Post by Zim »

Hate to necro-post, but is it confirmed this will be added yet?

venox

Post by venox »

i like the idea
but 40 hrs per kill, seems an insane amount of time.
if you have a patch of been a notorious pk, and then decide against it. that character will be idleing for ever to clear his name.

how about 40 hrs from the last kill that sets off red timer? thats almost 2 days?

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

venox wrote:i like the idea
but 40 hrs per kill, seems an insane amount of time.
if you have a patch of been a notorious pk, and then decide against it. that character will be idleing for ever to clear his name.

how about 40 hrs from the last kill that sets off red timer? thats almost 2 days?
That's what we call consequences for murdering people. Either accept your role as a player killer or don't become one.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

so will this also include once youv gone back and fourth from blue to red 3 or was it 5 times you will now be permanently red forever? cause i think that was part of the short/long term thing?
long term counts are good idea, then you can run around red just to get more pvp action without actualyl pking people or takign stat loss

but will some sort of reprieve be offered to peopel with counts who wouldnt otherwise be a pk under this system? duno if there are any..
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

i dont think this should be added. the way it is now reds are pks in stat loss with consequences and are the higher lvl of pvp'ers. dying is not an option.

with long terms normal people will be red and water down the purity of murderers.

plus the whole system was meant as a step towards trammel and anti pk / anti social behavior nerfing.

noto pks / blue pks were part of the era. you had to then and shhould now worry about dropping below %50 hps and being fs by an opportunist bue.

don't trammelize the server!

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

I hated long term counts...oddly enough, in any roleplay combat event its always the 'good guys' who give counts. The first time i went red was during a seer event on GL where in no one was suppose to give counts, lol.

Personally, long term counts will force the Bloodrock to decide again...go red, deal with statloss and AFK macroing, and never have town raids....or stay blue, ignore certain 'blue' humans/healers and adjust our roleplay as orcs to account for them.

Then of course, in T2A I believe going red booted you out of Order/Chaos...which was the true reason we stayed blue on GL.

Decisions Decisions.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

alatar

Post by alatar »

you guys kno that rezzing thru stat loss yields a clearing of all murder counts, down to 5, right..? even if yu haev 136 murder counts and die, you can just ressurect, retrain, and be at 5 murders.. that's what i did..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Ptazaract

Post by Ptazaract »

Derrick wrote: I'll begin work on making this change very soon, but I can't at this time give any estimates as to when this will be added.
To quote my boss: "Take as long as you need as long as it's done by tomorrow."