Please don't remove guild chat, here's why.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Please don't remove guild chat, here's why.

Post by applejack »

Hemperor wrote:I've read that, however there is no actual reason listed,
Derrick wrote:We were able to modify guild chat so that it cannot be used to trigger the SysMsg condition in Razor. It is my view that guild chat is essentially a interface feature, and it does not now enable a player any ability which cannot be obtained through an allowed 3rd party application such as UO AutoMap. It also provides a partial substitute for the "UO Messenger" client feature which was available during our target time frame, but we are not able to provide due to it's removal from the UO Client itself.
Wasn't the system message issue what you were crying about the most? I think Derrick listed the reason quite clearly.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

applejack wrote:
Hemperor wrote:I've read that, however there is no actual reason listed,
Derrick wrote:We were able to modify guild chat so that it cannot be used to trigger the SysMsg condition in Razor. It is my view that guild chat is essentially a interface feature, and it does not now enable a player any ability which cannot be obtained through an allowed 3rd party application such as UO AutoMap. It also provides a partial substitute for the "UO Messenger" client feature which was available during our target time frame, but we are not able to provide due to it's removal from the UO Client itself.
Wasn't the system message issue what you were crying about the most? I think Derrick listed the reason quite clearly.
The issue is accuracy

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

Perhaps hes saying it was left in because he considers it an interface inaccuracy, not a mechanical one.