Unlimited Secure storage? (boats with invisible decks)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Unlimited Secure storage? (boats with invisible decks)

Post by DarkWing »

is it Era Accurate to be able to have Unlimited Secure Storage .. yes .. i said Unlimited!

there is a way to get unlimited Secure Storage in this game.

I don't believe this is Era Accurate. and needs to be addressed ASAP.
Last edited by DarkWing on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unliimited Secure storage?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Is this a plea for lock-down crazy houses with co-owner boxes and all that mess? Or is there something wrong with secures? Explain

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unliimited Secure storage?

Post by DarkWing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Is this a plea for lock-down crazy houses with co-owner boxes and all that mess? Or is there something wrong with secures? Explain
no sir .. this has nothing to do with houses or secures in any way!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unlimited Secure storage?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

So what is it you are talking about? I dont think I understand what you mean.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Unlimited Secure storage? (boats with invisible decks)

Post by Karik Verlee »

I think Darkwing is trying to say boats have unlimited storage on their decks.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I have a hard time believing boats are very secure at all.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Here they seem pretty secure.
On OSI I had 3 large ships docked off Jhelom I used to store loot in. There were a lot of bugs then though, I got partially looted twice and completely looted once because of them. Think most of this was while items were visible on deck though. Boats still seemed more secure than my small by gzone which seemed to have breakin attempts everytime I opened the door -- and I could store a helluva lot of loot to boot!

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

son wrote:I have a hard time believing boats are very secure at all.
If nobody sees you put the stuff down, you always keep your boat anchored and locked, and always recall off your boat key in your bank box there's no way for anyone to get at your things. That seems pretty secure to me.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

From March 28, 1999 Patch notes:

A major optimization was done to houses and boats. You will no longer receive the objects that are on or in houses and boats until you step on them.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes

I do agree with you Dark though. I believe you should be able to see stuff on a boat.. I mean seriously its an open vessel. How is it i cant see what is sitting on its deck.

Not sure Derrick would be able to have boats always show items but housing not show until you step on the steps. I know this was implemented here because it helped with the lag issues while running around crowded areas.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Har har as a pirate i do wish you could see what items are laying on a ship. Just so you know what kind of loot you might beable to rob from that ship.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Brules

Post by Brules »

Back on OSI you could loot off of boats easily.....thus why no one stored anything on them, ever and pirating was actually doable.

Here, as DW said, it is by far the most secur emethod of storage in game. I pulled up over 100 MIB's once and left them all on my boat docked in Moonglow harbor for months on end all stacked up in bags on the deck. 100% secure, non-lootable, no lockdowns/secures required.

I agree, this should be addressed if it is not era accurate.....

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I imagine this hasn't changed since implementation, anyone able and willing to go test on current EA?

I don't currently have any doubt that this is implemented accurately, but my ears are open to information to the contrary.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Keep in mind boats were far less secure during all but the end of T2A, which is probably what you're remembering. Besides the buggy hell that they were, items were visible until late march of 1999 and you could not recall off keys until late august of 1999.

It was always a risk getting on to your boat without recalling, doubly so when people knew how much loot was already on it. Plank-jumping was a common occurrance before recalling was possible, not so much afterwards. There were days at a time I wouldn't risk getting on mine because of people in the area. If you were anywhere near civilization, you were casting reveal a whole lot too.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

On OSI I use to have a stack of backpacks on a boat which was 100% secure. However, I do wonder when/if decay came into play (as in items on boat decks decay over time). My backpack tower existed pre-T2A through sometime during the T2A era. I didn't trust some people, my bank was full, so I used my boat to keep my super goodies stashed away from everyone
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

RoadKill wrote:On OSI I use to have a stack of backpacks on a boat which was 100% secure. However, I do wonder when/if decay came into play (as in items on boat decks decay over time). My backpack tower existed pre-T2A through sometime during the T2A era. I didn't trust some people, my bank was full, so I used my boat to keep my super goodies stashed away from everyone
Decay on boats was introduced the same time as in houses:
Patch Notes for 01/24/2000 wrote: Clean Up Britannia (Phase III)
The final phase in the Clean Up Britannia program will be the implementation of item decay in houses. The decay rate will be the same as with items outside.

Once in effect, house item decay will affect all items that are not:

Placed in a secure container.
Locked down.
A house add-on (such as an anvil or a loom).
Placed by an IGM or GM.
Item Decay on Boats

We will be activating decay for items left on the deck of a boat. These items will decay at the same rate as items left on the ground outside.

Only items left on the deck of a boat will decay, items in the hold of a boat will not be subject to decay.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."