City Life

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Rowenhighwind

City Life

Post by Rowenhighwind »

Is it possible to allow something that is maybe a little pre T2A? I am talking about when it was possible to place houses within cities. I'm sure we do not want strange things like smalls sitting on top of towers, but can we bend the rules a bit? I thought that was one of the worst changes OSI ever made. Why could we not place housing in towns anymore? Seems to me that the place to put a house is in a town. There are many places in towns that look as though they had originally been intentioned for housing, and on many shards there were homes filling them. I, for one, would like to see housing allowed inside of city limits. I live living in a city. Another thing I never understood was why the developers never made the existing housing or hotel rooms available for players to live in. There are dozens and dozens of empty rooms that could be rented out to players as thought that were there home. Rows of housing on Nu'jelm goes unused. If it were possible to allow players to live in these locations as if they owned them, it would bring new life to areas that have always been almost completely forsaken. Most people just use the bank in town and then leave, and frequently even the banks on the islands are practically unused. If it were possible to live inside towns (without building on the roads of course) or even to rent rooms from an inn as a permanent place to stay, then the unihabited regions of the game may actually get used.

Faust

Re: City Life

Post by Faust »

I don't really see this happening outside of some special reward possibly. This shard strictly incorporates t2a mechanical accuracy and this would invalidate this structure. However, there is still wiggle room for a 'reward' or 'special house deed item' that could be offered to players.

That first large square building east of the west Trinisic bank was for sale on Baja before the UOR era. Nobody ever did end up buying it that I am aware of though. I remember the sign vividly that was placed on it noting the sale.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I would love to be able to place a house on my keep or on a tower. That would be awesome.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Karik Verlee wrote:I would love to be able to place a house on my keep or on a tower. That would be awesome.
What about the old Courtyards people made with small houses. I loved being a proud owner of a tower that had a courtyard.

Wish i would have taken screenshots on my playing back then. Not that i would still have them anyway :(
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

That would also be cool to do. Then we could haves safe recall spots.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Rowenhighwind

Post by Rowenhighwind »

The idea is not so we can place houses in odd places, but so that cities can be like cities, as was originally part of the game.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

houses inside guardzone? almost sounds like trammel.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

no
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Populus

Post by Populus »

NEA
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Faust

Post by Faust »

marmalade wrote:houses inside guardzone? almost sounds like trammel.
No, it sounds like early pre-t2a.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I believe the term is "go excrement in your hat".
Faust wrote:
marmalade wrote:houses inside guardzone? almost sounds like trammel.
No, it sounds like early pre-t2a.
No, it sounds like non-accurate to the era and the entire idea should be ignored.

Don't even entertain the idea of allowing houses that are red-free.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

It would not be UO t2a. It would be another game.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mens Rea wrote: No, it sounds like non-accurate to the era and the entire idea should be ignored.
There were plenty of these houses that still existed during the t2a era. Baja had one directly next to the Moonglow moongate on the right side that was partially in the guard zone. I'm not arguing that its era accurate to allow current house deeds to be place in this manner because it wouldn't be era accurate.

Faust wrote:I don't really see this happening outside of some special reward possibly. This shard strictly incorporates t2a mechanical accuracy and this would invalidate this structure. However, there is still wiggle room for a 'reward' or 'special house deed item' that could be offered to players.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

no
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

there were houses in guard zone all through osi existence when they were placed appropriately inside guard zones pre t2a right?
everyones gotta remember the ones near east brit that were always vendor shops
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]