Insta Hit, Weapon Mechanics, and much more...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Re: Insta Hit, Weapon Mechanics, and much more...

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

I hate WebArchive so many missing pages it's frustrating, and the thing we need most Forums is always missing.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

There was a lot of PvP discussion and information on the J-D JdD forums which I think might be indexed via the web archiver because it was originally a ubb thread forum. So you might have a chance because of it not being php at the time. If you can find that, you might find some really solid answers.

Guild was J-D / JdD = Juevos del Diablo
server: chesapeake

their hometown page has been lost and you can't get the message boards.

However: http://juevosdeldiablo.netfirms.com/killers.html

If you contact the GM - he might give youa ccess to the remaining forums to check it out.

[e1] I actually tried the method of contacting the suggestions/feedback team asking for patch notes. Meh. Worth a shot.
Last edited by noxmonk on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

noxmonk wrote:There was a lot of PvP discussion and information on the J-D JdD forums which I think might be indexed via the web archiver because it was originally a ubb thread forum. So you might have a chance because of it not being php at the time. If you can find that, you might find some really solid answers.

Thanks a lot here is the site.

http://www.b2g3.com/boards/board.cgi?us ... sdeldiablo

Actually Archive didn't have it before 2007.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

noxmonk wrote:There was a lot of PvP discussion and information on the J-D JdD forums which I think might be indexed via the web archiver because it was originally a ubb thread forum. So you might have a chance because of it not being php at the time. If you can find that, you might find some really solid answers.

If you contact the GM - he might give youa ccess to the remaining forums to check it out.
I remember J-D and Alice Cooper... Ghostface too I think.

I had a small house just a few screen down from them in that little player run town called "Haven".

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Cortez wrote:

I remember J-D and Alice Cooper... Ghostface too I think.

I had a small house just a few screen down from them in that little player run town called "Haven".
O.o.. Haven was primarily comprised of CBR, right?

Faust

Post by Faust »

rofl, excuse x10 now?
Cortez wrote: How does this differ from what you promote?
He says any offenseive spell... If your bug existed he would say cast a 6th level spell.... more importantly he would just say...

"Use your ebolt to refresh your hally swing"
Or
"by the time you cast ebolt your will will be ready"
Or
"with the 2 second unequip refresh, select your spell accordingly for a fast hally whack".

I wonder why he or anyone else fails to mentions a 2 second delay? I think that is pretty obvious. It just didn't exist.

His guide tells you to cast anything because he expects you to use your swing when the timer is ready. That means the real timer and not some special gift from the Dev Board.

Most importantly, he specifcally suggests the Explosion/Insta-Hit and if you insert the math for 25 stam and a Hally you can see why.

It's set up for a 5 second double damage.

Otherwise if there was a bug he'd just say Hally Ebolt Hally Ebolt and reduce his risk of carple tunnel sx with all the extra typing.
My bad... everyone remembers holding their weapon after casting a spell... What a complete joke.

The beginning article clearly says that you get a free hit in with no delay when casting a spell. He further goes on to EXPLAIN his favorite spell "explosion" using the mechanic. He also lists that you can USE ANY SPELL after using an insta hit BUT BE SURE TO GO IN FOR AN INSTA HIT AFTER THAT.

How about any spell?

Hally - 5.0s
Ebolt - 1.75s
Time Left Over - 3.25

Please explain to me why anyone would go in for a killing blow with an insta hit with an excess time of 3.25 seconds? That is an equivalent of 2 and a half greater heal spells... Smart, very smart.

One of these days you may actually provide some substance instead of hypothetical theories and "what if" scenarios... A "what if" doesn't constitute as a "what is" if you haven't noticed by now. Where is the evidence?

Keep the excuses coming son.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Explain this away ....
MarkeeDragon wrote:I like explosion here, since after you cast it you run in for another instant-hit, and with luck they will hit at same time
Exp: 1.75 Seconds + Dmg Delay 3.00 Seconds = 4.75 seconds
Hally Refresh before next Insta Hit = 5.0 Seconds
MarkeeDragon wrote:with luck they will hit at same time
How obtuse can you be?

I'm not saying that the choice of an Explosion is a good move, but in this example he clearly suggests a 4.75 second cast to damage elaspe time which would match a 25 stam Hally Whack 5.0 second refresh with the hopes they will hit at the same time.

In any event, he certainly did not mention a 2-second refresh did he?
Last edited by Kraarug on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oh... Was he using a hally? I thought he specifically said he was a macer that uses a warhammer and qstaff? Hrm, you're only off by what a couple seconds in that whacky time line? Perhaps, you should start re-thinking your next excuse, rofl.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Faust wrote:Oh... Was he using a hally? I thought he specifically said he was a macer that uses a warhammer and qstaff? Hrm, you're only off by what a couple seconds in that whacky time line? Perhaps, you should start re-thinking your next excuse, rofl.
Speak to the spell/damage timing and attempt to time it with the insta-hit Faust or stfu.

I got you here.

If your bug existed then the weapon choice would be irrelevant because everything would swing at 2 seconds. That's utterly crazy.