A few things you might want to look into

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bigcheez

A few things you might want to look into

Post by bigcheez »

A Bounty is generated when you become a Murderer.

Vendors will charge Murderers 5 times more for their service (murderers have to pay them to be "dirty").

Every time a Murderer dies he will suffer stat loss (str/int/dex and skills) exponentially based on his Murder Count. Keep in mind that a murderer's death does not reset the penalty. So if you die and lose 10% and die again immediately, you'll lose another 10%. Also, stat loss is cumulative with any other stat loss. Thus Resurrecting with Penalties will result in both stat loss from the Resurrection and stat loss for being a Murderer.

Murderers cannot insta-log from houses.

Tame animals always instantly attack murderers.

And do monsters cast paralyze? I haven't seen it yet.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: A few things you might want to look into

Post by kill drizitz »

bigcheez wrote:Murderers cannot insta-log from houses.

Tame animals always instantly attack murderers.
i remember both of these.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

bigcheez wrote:A Bounty is generated when you become a Murderer.
This is prior to the long/short term murder system I believe.
bigcheez wrote:Vendors will charge Murderers 5 times more for their service (murderers have to pay them to be "dirty").
this is in
bigcheez wrote: Every time a Murderer dies he will suffer stat loss (str/int/dex and skills) exponentially based on his Murder Count. Keep in mind that a murderer's death does not reset the penalty. So if you die and lose 10% and die again immediately, you'll lose another 10%. Also, stat loss is cumulative with any other stat loss. Thus Resurrecting with Penalties will result in both stat loss from the Resurrection and stat loss for being a Murderer.
This is also pre-long/shorts, when they changed the murder system, they also changes it to taking stat-loss when you res, instead of on death
bigcheez wrote:Murderers cannot insta-log from houses.
Yeah, this is something we haven't addressed yet. Thanks.
bigcheez wrote:Tame animals always instantly attack murderers.
This is in the new taming system as on test center for firebreathing creatures. I had not seen a reference to all tames doing this, although currently all pre-tamed released pets do exibit this behavior.
bigcheez wrote:And do monsters cast paralyze? I haven't seen it yet.
They should. It's partially based on magery, so you may not see a lot of it. May need some adjustment

Thanks!

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

I was basing those off of something wrote in 2000. Are you sure those things are pre-short/long murders? Maybe the guy was just dumb

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The stat loss on death vs stat loss on res was one of the differences that won me over to the long/short term counts, because when we had just the single murder count system we also had stat loss on res which was inconsistent. I don't have the reference in front of me but I belive the details on the change posted at one time when we were discussing the switch over.

I belive the Bounty being generated on death is something I read in '97 or '98 patch notes, someone may be able to provide more info on this. It is partially a guess on my part that this was done away with when player posted bounties came in.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

bigcheez wrote:A Bounty is generated when you become a Murderer.
Bounties were originally created when a player reached 5 murder counts. The actual "bounty" that was set was actually out of the offending player's bank. This bounty was set as part of the process where the murderer's bank was cleaned out. This system was outlined as part of the 12/9/97 patch notes.
bigcheez wrote:Every time a Murderer dies he will suffer stat loss (str/int/dex and skills) exponentially based on his Murder Count. Keep in mind that a murderer's death does not reset the penalty. So if you die and lose 10% and die again immediately, you'll lose another 10%. Also, stat loss is cumulative with any other stat loss. Thus Resurrecting with Penalties will result in both stat loss from the Resurrection and stat loss for being a Murderer.
This was removed with the introduction of the new style murder system that penalized a murderer upon ressurectiion based on their short term murder counts.
Tamed monsters had a chance of attacking any red that it saw. It didn't always happen. This is something thats planned as part of the new taming changes.
Monsters did indeed have the ability to cast paralyze. The trick is that a monster had to both have the Magery and the mana to cast the spell. Since even higher level creatures such as Dragons usually only had the Magery to cast 4th and in some instances 5th circle spells. This made paralyze a spell that was generally only seen on the highest Magery creatures, and was only seen when they had the mana in the first place, thus making it a rare occurrence.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

slida

Post by slida »

Pretty much every magic creature I have fought so far casts paralyze fairly frequently.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I actually remember this. I had a red die in stat loss on Ice island because I lagged out and when I came back I was being eaten alive by polar bears named "A".
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

0range

Post by 0range »

I am paralyzed often by evil mages and liches.